JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Covid-19 Vaccine Research, Development, Ingredients and Reactions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 794 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 11/26/2021 at 5:53 AM, b_colv said:

Question comes to mind. As Jehovah's scriptural “channel of communication” with his organization, would we be misread since it’s our source of spiritual feeding then mislead us in something so serious as the foretold “pestilence” now upon us, I mention update “ https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=702021088&srcid=sharecurrent update # 9 regarding trust of not being mislead about vaccination then cautioning we cannot judge one another as to decision making. I had held inaccurate thinking personally due to serious illness and additionally just do not do well with any chemicals. Yet, trying to be reasonable, using a spirit of a sound mind. I made an educated decision. I questioned what in particular did I object to? What information for and against to weigh them and the flavor of Jehovah’s direction through his channel. My question is do we trust Jehovah, his organization if we are to survive tribulation? This may add to and just maybe

(https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/library/r1/lp-e/all-publications/watchtower/the-watchtower-1957/may-1)

We are being trained aren’t we? Isn’t it true if any misleading would put us in harms way as an org Jehovah would take up the cause,      Phil 1:10.    personally, I found thai is comforting to me. (https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1982528?q=What+if+elder’s+direction+is+misleading&p=doc)

May we all have success in decisions along with our prayers. Psalm 115:17.

Billie

I hope nobody takes this badly and its just a question, but does anyone think Jehovah is protecting his people from the possible accute adverse side effects of the vaccines?

I know we should not expect miracles in this time of the end but it seems to me that the brothers are saying that we should not fear severe adverse effects or death although these are indeed possible side effects. 

Since Jehovahs people are mostly all vaccinated and we are not experiencing any deaths (or heart damage , brain damage or any of the more accute effects reported in government reporting systems and/or acknowledged by the producers) through these vaccines, could it be we are being miraculously protected even though we dont know it?  

Just a thought, does it make sense?

On 11/9/2021 at 1:19 AM, vern said:

I.ve been told natural immunity persons shouldn.t.get the vaccine... Certian risk factors..

Sophia?

My understanding (I will stand corrected) is that eventually everyone will need to be vaccinated and boostered since both the effects of the vaccine and ones natural immunity wane every 6 months. 

In any case, to have a green light on your covid health pass (for travel and access to public spaces), that will be the case, even if science doesnt dictated this,  governments measures will take the better safe than sorry approach.

3 hours ago, sunshine said:

My understanding (I will stand corrected) is that eventually everyone will need to be vaccinated and boostered since both the effects of the vaccine and ones natural immunity wane every 6 months. 

In any case, to have a green light on your covid health pass (for travel and access to public spaces), that will be the case, even if science doesnt dictated this,  governments measures will take the better safe than sorry approach.

Unless the virus changes a lot… recovered are protected.

only if a new extremely different variant surges then recovered need to be vaccinated and then all vaccines need to be updated 

These won’t work towards a new very weird variant

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

Unless the virus changes a lot… recovered are protected.

only if a new extremely different variant surges then recovered need to be vaccinated and then all vaccines need to be updated 

These won’t work towards a new very weird variant

Yes Il sure you're right, I'm just talking about the COVID health passes and the need to have twice  yearly injections (booster or new vaccines)  to maintain our vaccine status so we can have access to public spaces. 

In some countries (and eventually I should think, globally) you will lose your vaccine status after 6 months if you do not have your booster (ie you will be classified as  non-vaccinated and not have access to some services like pubs and restaurants, as well as eventually school campus, or be able to work in the health sector, public transport etc.  At first proof of antibodies will ensure your covid pass is green but I think even now there are countries where you must have proof of a shot to maintain your status. 

8 hours ago, sunshine said:

I hope nobody takes this badly and it's just a question, but does anyone think Jehovah is protecting his people from the possible acute adverse side effects of the vaccines?

I know we should not expect miracles in this time of the end but it seems to me that the brothers are saying that we should not fear severe adverse effects or death although these are indeed possible side effects

Since Jehovah's people are mostly all vaccinated and we are not experiencing any deaths (or heart damage, brain damage or any of the more acute effects reported in government reporting systems and/or acknowledged by the producers) through these vaccines, could it be we are being miraculously protected even though we don't know it?  

The answer may be more along the lines of that the side-effects are "possible" - not guaranteed, normal or frequent.  Perhaps it is less "Jehovah protecting his people" and more "the side-effects are being blown out of proportion" because they make "better" (more sensational) news than saying things are working as they should.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

And several thousand Witnesses have died. It's quite possible there are ones suffering all aspects.  We are not privvy to hearing all the reports about every ill member in the organization worldwide. 

As @Qaplasaid, the negative effects are only in a minority of cases.  With Jehovah's Witnesses only being around 8 million people, the numbers of Witnesses suffering negative results is going to be low. 

9 hours ago, sunshine said:

Yes Il sure you're right, I'm just talking about the COVID health passes and the need to have twice  yearly injections (booster or new vaccines)  to maintain our vaccine status so we can have access to public spaces. 

Yep... that´s the main issue. People like us who have recovered months ago are not contemplated in certificates. To get one we need to be vaccinated... 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

14 hours ago, sunshine said:

I hope nobody takes this badly and its just a question, but does anyone think Jehovah is protecting his people from the possible accute adverse side effects of the vaccines?

I know we should not expect miracles in this time of the end but it seems to me that the brothers are saying that we should not fear severe adverse effects or death although these are indeed possible side effects. 

Since Jehovahs people are mostly all vaccinated and we are not experiencing any deaths (or heart damage , brain damage or any of the more accute effects reported in government reporting systems and/or acknowledged by the producers) through these vaccines, could it be we are being miraculously protected even though we dont know it?  

we so not know the percentage of witnesses that are vaccinated.  we do not know either the occurrence of side effects among witnesses.  the numbers that we do know are primarily of the members of bethel families across the world.  since we have been told over and over that vaccination is a personal matter among witnesses not under bethels umbrella, we have no way of knowing for sure.  so therefore, unless i am mistaken, we have no evidence that Jehovah god is having a hand in all of our individual medical state.  please feel free to correct me if needed.

I agree with you. This pandemic requires us to be vigilant and do what we can to keep our immunity up, practice safe distancing and good hygiene, and the vaccination program is encouraged. But when all is said and done, Jehovah’s servants are still susceptible and can die, even with precautions. Likely we will see protective miracles, but I think that’ll be in GT. Witnesses are not immune to cancer, car crashes etc, so would that be the case with covid too?

16 hours ago, sunshine said:

Rosie, many thousands of our brothers and sisters have died from this virus, so it's clear Jehovah is not miraculously protecting his people. Unfortunately diseases are part of life in Satan's world and Jehovah doesn't intervene.

I would say the reason why we don't know of any death by the vaccine in Jehovah's people is that the vaccine is quite safe. Only one person in many millions has a fatal reaction to the shot. Since we are less than 10 million, chances are no Witness will die from it. But of course this is not a certainty, just statistics. It's not impossible that one brother or two or five die as a consequence of the vaccine, but it's very unlikely. Even then, many thousands more would die of the virus if they were not vaccinated. :)

1 hour ago, careful said:

we so not know the percentage of witnesses that are vaccinated.  we do not know either the occurrence of side effects among witnesses.  the numbers that we do know are primarily of the members of bethel families across the world.  since we have been told over and over that vaccination is a personal matter among witnesses not under bethels umbrella, we have no way of knowing for sure.  so therefore, unless i am mistaken, we have no evidence that Jehovah god is having a hand in all of our individual medical state.  please feel free to correct me if needed.

The most reliable data we are receiving is from those who depend directly from the branch: Bethelites, COs, missionaries and special pioneers. Those are only a few tens of thousands. But the elders have instructions to monitor any covid-related cases in their congregations and report them to the branch. So if there were many cases of life-threatening reactions to the vaccine the GB would hear of them. So far that hasn't happened.

As mentioned before, I agree that Jehovah is not miraculously protecting individuals from this disease. :)

On 11/25/2021 at 4:23 PM, zoebarry said:

Going to the hospital, struggling to breathe, causing pain and suffering, etc....those are also things that MIGHT happen....getting Covid IS NOT an automatic death sentence....

True! In my experience, maybe coincidental only, many friends in congregations (30s to early 60s around 17 of them) I know who have contracted the disease, stayed at home, telemeds with docs, did therapeutics  (antibiotics, budesonide, etc), loads of vitamins, still attended Zoom meetings with camera off,  recovered within 1 or 2 weeks.   None went to the hospital.  They all said it's  worse than flu in symptoms, like an engineered new disease, but they got better  nonetheless. Full recovery. They were all scared of the hospitals because they assume they would be on ventilators and therapeutics would be very limited and they won't end up good.

Of course I know folks who also  didn't make it.   

Just saying that more than 95% of them got better and recovered on their own. 

Definitely other factors like underlying conditions and comorbidities are involved here.  You just need to do your own calculations or risk/benefits when making a decision. 

2 hours ago, YayaMichelle said:

And that's been par for the course.  Everything I have read since this pandemic began has been along this line.  From the beginning the elderly, infirm, and immunocompromised have been the ones at the greatest risk.  There have also been those bizarre instances where someone that, from all appearances, was healthy and still died of Covid.  

The bizarre nature of this disease, the massive unknown quantitates have perplexed the global medical community

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

And that's been par for the course.  Everything I have read since this pandemic began has been along this line.  From the beginning the elderly, infirm, and immunocompromised have been the ones at the greatest risk.  There have also been those bizarre instances where someone that, from all appearances, was healthy and still died of Covid.  

The bizarre nature of this disease, the massive unknown quantitates have perplexed the global medical community

Very true.  Perplexing. I also know of friends stories about people they know that are overweight, diabetics, hypertensives, with kidney problems, that never needed hospitalization and just got better at home. But also young ones, healthy no underlying issues that went straight to ventilator and never made  it …  I think that’s why Jehovah is so loving and has been hinting us to stop being confused and He just guided us with direction .. 4 consecutive GB updates that even we’re free to make personal decision, the direction has been firm and has not been changing….. 

5 hours ago, YayaMichelle said:

This is very true. My wife and I had the virus in April last year. For us it was not different than a flu. It took us less than two weeks to recover, except for the cough that lasted a lot more. Most of my congregation has been sick with covid and we all recovered, although one sister suffered permanent lung damage. Most people infected recovers well. But still many millions died, and many more suffer serious consequences.

The main factor of death with covid is hospital saturation. Even patients who are very sick usually survive if they can be treated and a ventilator is available. But when too many people get very sick at once and there is no more room nor staff nor breathing devices at the ICU, people are sent home to die.

2 minutes ago, carlos said:

This is very true. My wife and I had the virus in April last year. For us it was not different than a flu. It took us less than two weeks to recover, except for the cough that lasted a lot more. Most of my congregation has been sick with covid and we all recovered, although one sister suffered permanent lung damage. Most people infected recovers well. But still many millions died, and many more suffer serious consequences.

The main factor of death with covid is hospital saturation. Even patients who are very sick usually survive if they can be treated and a ventilator is available. But when too many people get very sick at once and there is no more room nor staff nor breathing devices at the ICU, people are sent home to die.

I'm pretty sure I've noticed some very strange behavior since you got covid, Carlos. It can affect the brain you know! 🤣🤣🤣

I think it all boils down to the last sentence in this article … 
Risk Management..

Editorial

COVID-19 vaccines for children

Jeffrey S Gerber et al. Science. 2021.
Show details

Abstract    PubMed    PMID  
Full text linksCite

Abstract

Earlier this month, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommended Pfizer's COVID-19 messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine for children between 5 and 11 years of age-that's 28 million children. Yet surveys show that 42 to 66% of parents of these children are reluctant or opposed to seeking this protection. Without vaccination, it is likely that almost everyone-including young children-will be infected with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) at some point in their lives. So, the question for parents and caregivers is: Which is worse, vaccination or natural infection?

Edited by Lance

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

19 minutes ago, Ludwika said:

" These Changes persist for at least 2.5 months post 2nd dose". That doesn't seem a "permanent" reaction.

In Singapore they recommend that no strenuous exercise exercise be done after a  covid-19 vaccination.

Probably due to the above. But only 12 cases had heart inflammation in the almost 5 million vaccinated. So no cause for alarm. 

MOH: Avoid swimming, cycling, weight lifting & other strenuous activities after vaccination - Mothership.SG - News from Singapore, Asia and around the world

"MOH said that adolescents and younger men below the age of 30, in particular, should avoid strenuous activity after their vaccination."

"In another announcement on July 5, the Health Sciences Authority said that there were 12 cases of myocarditis and pericarditis that occurred in individuals after they took the mRNA vaccines.

Five of the cases occurred in adults aged 30 years old and above.

Seven of the cases involved males aged below 30 years old."

26 minutes ago, Ludwika said:

" These Changes persist for at least 2.5 months post 2nd dose". That doesn't seem a "permanent" reaction.

ANY damage to the heart is PERMANENT... The heart is the only organ that cannot heal.... any damage done to it is permanent and you’ll have to live with the repercussions of the damage.... The article has been highlighted where it says the vaccines DRAMATICALLY increase the inflammation of the heart tissues.....

An informed person will have to decide whether or not the vax is worth the risk, since Covid is 97+% survivable.....

image.thumb.jpeg.fd82d7d805b8792e0aac12b72dd061a7.jpeg