JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pray For Our Ukrainian Brothers and Sisters

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 725 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The security concerns were explained today. Apparently the Russians are hacking into social media and the Ukraine brothers feel that Whatsapp and Zoom are no longer secure.

They would be right. If safety is the issue, there are better options.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Michał said:

On our last midweek meeting two letters were read about refugee situation (it’s late here so I’ll skip the all comforting and spiritual rich points 😉) :

• nearly 8000 accommodations are prepared for more that 30000 brothers and sisters
  • Some brothers who weren’t able to provide accommodation on their own kicked in (?) to rent apartments for our fellow believers from Ukraine
  • all unused accommodation application were cancelled, now we are to fill in a form on jw.org

At the beginning of the week there were two families in our congregation, today three new arrived. Each refugee family/person is assigned a family/person from our congregation to coordinate help and assist with everyday tasks and formalities. My wife told me sisters in our congregation created a WhatsApp group where they write who needs what clothes and they/we donate/buy the clothes/toys/essential products. 

I guess I need to go back to learning Ukrainian :) 

Reading todays text fits this perfectly

thank you 🙏 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Kingdom1914 said:

Screenshot_20220315-061630_Instagram.png

Can you provide context with these screenshots?

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

From a traffic camera it is possible to see JWs waiting at the Polish border crossing. Day and night, in the snow or the rain, they are on guard with their jw.org posters. Then finally we see the arrival of Ukrainian brothers and sisters. Note the older sister! Very touching! You will notice the contrast between JWs and the members of UNICEF who take selfies (video no 1 around 1:00 and 1:07)

Lovely video.

One thing I want to alert people to? I saw a news report that says the "Jehovah's Witnesses have their signs up, recruiting."

Should it ever come up with non-JW's, you might want to make it clear that we aren't there to recruit, but to take in refugee brothers and sisters.

6 hours ago, Sheep said:

As a bonus, the following image allows us to see the JWs present and loyal to the post with their sign at 3:44 AM with a temperature of 0°C.

Picture: https://lookcam.pl/budomierz-przejscie-graniczne-od-strony-polski/

That's a live webcam ! Awesome !

From a traffic camera it is possible to see JWs waiting at the Polish border crossing. Day and night, in the snow or the rain, they are on guard with their jw.org posters. Then finally we see the arrival of Ukrainian brothers and sisters. Note the older sister! Very touching! You will notice the contrast between JWs and the members of UNICEF who take selfies (video no 1 around 1:00 and 1:07)

https://ln5.sync.com/dl/75491b420/qpjjydae-krkhyrqa-qv854p83-wn7ey5pi

With the music :cry: 

Edited by Dages

8 hours ago, Sheep said:

Here are two very interesting short videos. (I had trouble putting them in this post, so I put them behind a link.)

https://ln5.sync.com/dl/75491b420/qpjjydae-krkhyrqa-qv854p83-wn7ey5pi

As a bonus, the following image allows us to see the JWs present and loyal to the post with their sign at 3:44 AM with a temperature of 0°C.

Picture: https://lookcam.pl/budomierz-przejscie-graniczne-od-strony-polski/

Info temperature and time:
https://spotcameras.com/en/cams/Poland/Budomierz/13067

Thank you so much for the encouraging videos.  I merged both videos and it can be viewed or downloaded with this link:  

https://bit.ly/PolandUkrainianBorderCrossingJWs

One of our elders had a good comment for the Spiritual Gems from last week's meeting. Unfortunately, he had the Spiritual Gems part last week and so couldn't give his comment. He had to yield his place to the rest of the congregation. But at our service group recently he shared with us what he had in mind.

In 1 Samuel chapter 12, Samuel gives his farewell speech to Israel, counseling them not to follow "empty things" by looking toward a human king. But he promised that Jehovah would never abandon his people. Then in verse 23, Samuel said it would be unthinkable, in fact, a sin, for him to cease praying in their behalf. He said that to stop praying for them, or to not pray for them at all, would be tantamount to a sin against Jehovah!

Well, that was speaking about praying for the people of Israel. But I think it would apply equally to our brothers and sisters in Ukraine, Russia, or any other country where they are in dire straits. Don't you? It would be a sin for us to forget, or to abstain from praying about our dear brothers and sisters, not just locally, but even half-way around the world.

Edited by Sheep

For sure as a brotherhood we continue to keep the needs of our brothers and sisters in Ukraine ahead of ours for theirs need some seriously attention. 

Very wise to pray for them.

Reminds of an experience I encountered. I was talking to an old brother during this week who is, as of today, waiting for a kidney surgery tomorrow morning. So am by his side trying my best to select the right words to encourage him to have full confidence in Jehovah that he will have a successful surgery. This was his response 

"It just amazes me that while our God is certainly concerned and caring for our brothers in Ukraine, he also cares about my anxieties. What a loving God!"

It gave me reasons why Jehovah is responding to the prayers being given  on behalf of our Ukrainian family 

On 3/16/2022 at 7:00 AM, Sofia said:

With so much publicity I hope many viewers investigate this Jw.org sign 😉

Exactly! I didn’t even think of that 🙂

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.