JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pray For Our Ukrainian Brothers and Sisters

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 711 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I just feel so sorry for the brothers (as well as anyone else in the country for that matter) that due to serious illness have no choice but stay put! 
For some it is impossible to leave! 
I can only just imagine the fear they’re living with right now, not knowing if they’ll be bombed from one moment to the next…

They all need our constant prayers. 🙏

2 hours ago, cme said:

Lucy, that might be true. However, those that are poor are taken care of by those that have to spare or have much.  We will all take care of each other.

I know of 4 that did not.

Well there’s plenty more than that I am sure that are sadly still in the war zone.

8 hours ago, Jimi-L said:

It is likely that most of the brothers and sisters are still in Ukraine. 

The chance of getting out is small at the moment. There is no evidence that any branch office specifically ordered our brothers and sisters to leave before the attack. I also hope and firmly believe that no one compares it to the situation in Jerusalem in 66-70. This is not the GT. Of course because of the emotional turmoil, some may be sensitive and look for immediate matches from past events.

Yes sadly I have heard (not here on the forum) the comparison to when Jerusalem was surrounded and those who were obedient fled to Pella. 

But like you I have not heard any official comments to that effect.   On the contrary.... on the video that we enjoyed from the Ukrainian brothers and sisters, there were many in attendance at their zoom meeting. And that was just in one area.    And they certainly were not nor are being disobedient to Jehovah or to any directions they receive from the branch or the governing body.

Like you said , there is a lot of emotional turmoil.  And when emotions are high...

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

2 hours ago, Lemuil said:

I can confirm that we haven't received certain directions from the local branch on what we need to do as a congregation in these circumstances. 

Thanks, Oleg! It's great to have first-hand witnesses to clarify the matter completely. :)

Another brother mentioned that the Ukrainian translation department moved to Poland shortly before the conflict started. Probably some friends misunderstood that as if all the Witnesses in Ukraine had been told to leave. It's all clear now.

3 hours ago, Lemuil said:

I can confirm that we haven't received certain directions from the local branch on what we need to do as a congregation in these circumstances. 

From local brothers, we have a reminder:

Thank you Oleg, nice article to study.

8 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Apparently to the information I have received today, all brothers and sisters got out safely from Hostomel congregation near Kiev. 

They are away from battle zone looked after and safe. (Some did not sleep for 2 nights and were so happy to have a normal night to sleep)

Information came from a brother in Lviv via sms.

Cannot be verified by any other means. 

Thanks..heard the details from this experience..basicly, Jehovah opened up a safe corridor for a line of cars to escape!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

2 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

Thanks..heard the details from this experience..basicly, Jehovah opened up a safe corridor for a line of cars to escape!

I really don't want to be skeptical but can we verify it?

My wife got a text with a letter from that congregation (machine translated into Polish) about the corridor. I really want it to be true but it (the text) seemed a bit off to me.

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

4 minutes ago, Michał said:

My wife got a text with a letter from that congregation (machine translated into Polish) about the corridor. I really want it to be true but it (the text) seemed a bit off to me.

I think best is to wait for official experiences and updates that will be coming in the future from jw.org 

At this stage is so hard to verify news by ourselves. 
But I am convinced that brothers and sisters in Ukraine can feel Jehovah’s supportive hand. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 3/1/2022 at 6:59 PM, Lemuil said:

Brother Oleg,

Hope you are safe!
Can you confirm that our neutrality stand for our brothers has been accepted there? Thank you! 🙏 

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

3 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

It’s being widely reported that the Russians have warned Kiev residents to leave or risk being bombed and they are giving people the chance to leave.. aka roads are open out of the city.

‘Did Jehovah have a hand in this? Who knows… but I’d be thanking him all the same!

43 minutes ago, Michał said:

Maybe someone here can find out more from the sister who said she translated the letter,  Pioneer sister Joann O.

, in Snohomish. I assume that is Washington state? I think I heard on the news there is a concentration of Ukrainians in the northwest US.

cat2_e0.gif

59 minutes ago, Susan Cook said:

It’s being widely reported that the Russians have warned Kyiv residents to leave or risk being bombed and they are giving people the chance to leave.. aka roads are open out of the city.

‘Did Jehovah have a hand in this? Who knows… but I’d be thanking him all the same!

What's interesting is that this was around Feb. 26th, and the details of the account relate that the friends saw the Russian burned out vehicles as they left. One brother drove up ahead to determine the best route to take and the others followed. I noticed on the Google map the location mentioned..yes, right in the path of the invading forces. I find it interesting that there is a Kingdom Hall further south in Kyiv..don't know if this group that escaped attended that KH.

Edited by SUNRAY

spelling

cat2_e0.gif

1 hour ago, Michał said:

really don't want to be skeptical but can we verify it?

I just received a text with the letter from a sister in another congregation.  She said an elders wife had sent it to her.

I certainly hope this is true, but I am remaining cautious until it can be verified.  

14 minutes ago, Lemuil said:

Sure. Yes, we are in Kyiv.

Brother, can you verify the experience that has been shared about friends who left the outskirts of Kyiv..9 cars of brothers and sisters escaping to a better location and being accomodated by witnesses in a safer area?

cat2_e0.gif