JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pray For Our Ukrainian Brothers and Sisters

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 675 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

With the current situation in the Ukraine I found this video really encouraging. It was released after the 2014 conflict in Ukraine. It's a good reminder that Jehovah's hand is not short in caring for the friends. Please keep them in your prayers.

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-jwbrd_201610_1_VIDEO

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

It seems logical that the world situation needs to become very dire, very alarming to the entire world, for the declaration of Peace and Security to mean something.  The declaration will give people a sigh of relief and they will have no qualms in supporting the UN and its actions.  Today's text reminds us to remain calm and trust Jehovah.  We have no reason to question the course of events, just pray our brothers have strength to remain neutral and calm.  In addition is the sad news from Brazil.

Thank you Richard for gathering the encouraging videos.  I've shared everything you sent with my service group.

These are exciting times in which to live! What a privilege we have.

2 hours ago, *Jack* said:

I’m afraid the sanctions imposed on Russia are gonna make things even harder for the brothers and sisters over there. Just another example of how man punishes indiscriminately while Jehovah only punishes the guilty…

They need our prayers for sure .

They’re going to affect us too. Gas prices… more inflation.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

The refugee brothers will likelier have an easier time getting into another country when they can say they have someone already willing to take them in. It won't be hard to prove that a JW fleeing a Russian-backed war doesn't have sound reason to claim asylum.

My fear is for the Russian brothers. The crackdowns in Russia itself are intensifying because of anti-war protests. Our brothers are going to get caught up in that, neutral or not. They won't allow 'different viewpoints' right now.

4 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

The refugee brothers will likelier have an easier time getting into another country

I heard on the news that women and children are allowed to leave the country, but the Ukrainian government wants the men to stay and fight. Has anyone heard if that is correct?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

I find it so amazing that today's text was written months and months ago, yet it is so perfect for the brotherhood today.  I told my wife that it almost seems....prophetic.   Anytime you want proof that Jehovah's holy spirit is very active in his organization, just look to moments like this.  

Same feelings here. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

53 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I heard on the news that women and children are allowed to leave the country, but the Ukrainian government wants the men to stay and fight. Has anyone heard if that is correct?

Very possible. According the Breaking News, the Ukraine just called a mandatory draft. No word on how many.

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Yes I heard the same. Lines leaving out of Ukraine are long. It’s taking several hours but only women & children are allowed to leave. 

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Edited by Pink Butterflies

There is a brother who is a musician who plays the saxaphone who lives in Kiev..here is the link to his website..also has a youtube channel and is on IG as saxaphonist_jw

Alex Mos (Alexander Moskalenko)our brother and his wife Vicki in Ukraine. His website with some of his music:
https://www.alexmos.net

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

There is a large Ukrainian community in the Sacramento area and the local news interviewed a Ukrainian lawyer/activist. Interestingly they asked him if the Russian Orthodox church was behind the invasion. The lawyer/activist said the Russian Orthodox church was a major factor. He said that the church has a lot of power, and it is expanding its power. He said that Ukraine is very tolerant of other religions and that is one reason that Putin is attacking...

:eek:

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

He said that Ukraine is very tolerant of other religions and that is one reason that Putin is attacking...

It has been a problem for a long time - the schism between the Ukranian Orthodox, the Ukranian Orthodox- Moscow aligned, and the Russian Orthodox.  Religion is mirroring the political (what's new).

https://www.ukrweekly.com/uwwp/ocu-responds-to-attempts-by-moscow-patriarchate-to-destabilize-ukraine/

"The Orthodox Church of Ukraine becoming free was a declaration of independence from foreign influence and achieved greater religious freedom. Then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko declared that autocephaly was another example of Ukraine pivoting away from Moscow and toward Europe. In response, the Russian Orthodox Church cut all relations with the Ecumenical Patriarch, threatening to split Orthodoxy.

Russian control of Ukraine would be a humanitarian disaster and a human rights catastrophe. And the implications for religious freedom in Ukraine would be dire. The U.S. government has ranked Russia as one of the worst in the world for religious freedom at home.

If Russia’s military campaign is successful, Moscow would likely not countenance an independent Orthodox Church of Ukraine, possibly forcing it back into the family of the Russian Orthodox Church. Russia’s regressive treatment of Jehovah’s Witnesses, Muslims and proselytizing groups would likely be forced on the entire country."

https://religionnews.com/2022/02/24/putin-is-after-more-than-land-he-wants-the-religious-soul-of-ukraine/

Edited by hatcheckgirl