JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pray For Our Ukrainian Brothers and Sisters

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 710 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, cme said:

I'm very, very disappointed when friends post pictures or videos without confirmation of such.  I will not take that at face value anymore.  I will wait for it to be announced by JW.Org.

I'm so sad about this and feel let down and lied to.

That's why when @molnarj posted his first video @Dages asked

Is it confirmed? I'd love to share it

Only because molnarj gave a line to connect it did I share it (the one where he said he didn't know where it's from I'm just not sharing). The Scriptures have always encouraged us to 'check things out' first.

Ubless something is on JW.org we have to double-check it, always. And I have a list of embarrassing stories where I didn't do that and got burned for it.

1 hour ago, halfspanishlee said:

So its true that the brother's singing in the tent is old? People are posting it everywhere

I googled it, and no hits came up.  All the tents for Ukranian refugees looked very different, not in a forest with teepee type tents.  Though, most probably they were brothers because who else sings Kingdom songs.  It is a lovely video, but the context is not what it first appears to be.

I was told that a couple in Ukraine attended a local congregation meeting today and they said that sadly a sister died during the invasion. Has anyone heard that yet?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I was just watching the news and they were interviewing a young woman who has fled to Germany with her baby daughter, leaving her husband in Ukraine.  She was visibly upset, close to tears and talking about the friends and family she had left behind and being so worried about them,

It made me think of our brothers and sisters sticking close together, singing songs and having each other, and more importantly our God, Jehovah, to trust and rely on for courage and support.

How fortunate we are to know the road we are walking down, unlike these in the world who are feeling so lost and desperate, not knowing the way out of what is happening to them.

I shall be keeping them in my prayers, too, as well as my brothers and sisters, as some of these could be sheep-like ones  and sometimes it can be dramatic events that turn peoples' hearts around.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

This coming Sundays WT…”Those seeking Jehovah will lack nothing good”. ..Talk about food at the proper time.

The Ukrainian brothers are a great example of faith in Jehovah, leaving (material) things behind and fully trusting in Jehovah to provide what they need. ❤️

7 hours ago, Stee said:

This coming Sundays WT…”Those seeking Jehovah will lack nothing good”. ..Talk about food at the proper time.

The Ukrainian brothers are a great example of faith in Jehovah, leaving (material) things behind and fully trusting in Jehovah to provide what they need. ❤️

They obeyed.  They remembered "Walk by faith and not by sight" video.  It pretty much happened exactly the same.  By the time the fighting began they were gone.

40 minutes ago, cme said:

They obeyed.  They remembered "Walk by faith and not by sight" video.  It pretty much happened exactly the same.  By the time the fighting began they were gone.

Our coordinator and his wife has kept in touch with some of the friends in Ukraine since they attended the convention there.  They shared a video with us yesterday after the meeting from some of our brothers and sisters in Ukraine.  They (our Ukrainian brothers, sisters) had just finished their zoom meeting.  Many are still in Ukraine.  Whether they remain there or leave, I can not say.  The situation may have changed from yesterday but as of yesterday they were able to still attend the meetings via zoom and there were many in participation during that meeting. It was so heartwarming to hear their words of faith.  They expressed how thankful they were for our prayers and for Jehovah's support. They also said that the brothers who were leaving/ left the country are being well taken care.  The brothers in the neighboring lands are making arrangements so they have a warm, dry accommodation.  This is all I can share but as has been mentioned many times on this form we need to continue to keep them in our prayers as well as our brothers and sisters in Russia and of course those throughout the world that's undergoing persecution and hardships.  

Edited by Eggcorn

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

I will add that they are so thankful for the direction and the frequent reminders  from the governing body to make sure that we have our GO bags ready.  They are very good example of ones who obeyed that direction.

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

7 minutes ago, cme said:

The friends got out in time.  When they were told to leave before this happened the Poland Branch asked them to leave in view of war breaking out.

Ahhh I see… ok thank you for clarifying

I didn’t know the Polish Branch had asked them to leave the country ahead of the invasion.

Was it country wide? Or just certain cities?

Edited by Susan Cook