JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pray For Our Ukrainian Brothers and Sisters

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 710 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

44 minutes ago, Stee said:

My apologies if this has already been shared. 💕

“Christian love in action, Jehovah’s Witnesses help fellow believers.” 

https://tulublin-pl.translate.goog/2022/03/01/chrzescijanska-milosc-w-dzialaniu/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Thanks for this @Stee, I'll be sharing this, it's great. 

11 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

Brother, can you verify the experience that has been shared about friends who left the outskirts of Kyiv..9 cars of brothers and sisters escaping to a better location and being accomodated by witnesses in a safer area?

Sister Elizabeth, I don't know about this experience. I hope it happened. I can say that some brothers and sisters from my congregation have decided to leave Kyiv and they're now at west part of Ukraine.

I just received a news clipping from a lady, my British RV, from the town we live in. It's our local newspaper. A bus arrived yesterday or Wednesday March 4th with 40 Ukrainian refugees from the Polish-Ukrainian border, mostly consisting of mothers and children and elderly into our small town here in Germany. A plea was given out in the news article about the need for donating clothing and offering places of accommodation. Some hotels are being contacted to request accommodations and provide breakfast for the first few days until government housing can be found for them.

During the long voice mail message she left me this morning, she said she saw on the news a sign from us, couldn't remember the exact letters jg.org or j.org, but she said it was good. She then said it left her wondering if the sign is only for Jehovah's Witnesses...or for others. She is so overwhelmed with everything now with the pandemic and her workplace at the school, that she is really concerned about our future. I will remain as positive in my message and will send her as per request some positive articles to read and a few scriptures to meditate on. 😟

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

31 minutes ago, Woanders said:

I will remain as positive in my message and will send her as per request some positive articles to read and a few scriptures to meditate on. 😟

Good point, while we're concerned about what's going on we (that is "I") want to remember we're giving Good News about the Kingdom of God 

3 hours ago, Lemuil said:

Sister Elizabeth, I don't know about this experience. I hope it happened. I can say that some brothers and sisters from my congregation have decided to leave Kyiv and they're now at west part of Ukraine.

Thank you! We are all praying Jehovah will protect you dear ones! :encourage:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

It’s heartrending seeing those images on the news of wives hugging and saying goodbye to their husbands, fathers, sons ect not knowing if they’ll see them again. 
Many husbands ect are staying behind to fight the war but it made me think of the hundreds of our brothers who are not allowed to leave and expected to fight! 
Of course they won’t but how awful for our hundreds of sisters. 
They really need our constant prayers. 
May Jehovah bring them a measure of calm and peaceful hearts. 

19 minutes ago, Chris7 said:

Our brothers and sisters are being helped.

Sent by a friend (see video) ...

I saw Caleb and Sophia, is this the branch or have they taken over another building? Edit ps I wanted to ♥️🌹and 🏆 your comment simultaneously.

Edited by Hugh O'D

7 hours ago, Chris7 said:

Our brothers and sisters are being helped.

Sent by a friend (see video) ...

Hi @Chris I really want to share this but can you give any further details? If the answer is you are not authorized to give further details that would also tell me all I need to know. Thanks.

EditT o clarify, for example @molnarj shared a video he got from a missionary who had a friend in a Madrid congregation where there was a sister who knew at least one of the people in his video. Without giving private names that still gave us a verified link so I could share the video, I don't want anyone's private details, I'm not authorized to have that. Thanks again.

Edited by Hugh O'D

At FOXNEWS.COM ,  headline says "Russia poses 'imminent risk' to Ukrainian religions that are not 'traditional'.

"We are extremely concerned that religious communities such as the Orthodox Church of Ukraine, Jehovah's Witnesses, Greek Catholics and the many diverse faiths in Ukraine that do not conform to Russia's narrow definition of 'traditional religion' now face imminent risk".

3 hours ago, Doug said:

At FOXNEWS.COM ,  headline says "Russia poses 'imminent risk' to Ukrainian religions that are not 'traditional'.

"We are extremely concerned that religious communities such as the Orthodox Church of Ukraine, Jehovah's Witnesses, Greek Catholics and the many diverse faiths in Ukraine that do not conform to Russia's narrow definition of 'traditional religion' now face imminent risk".

Do you have the link?

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

4 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

Do you have the link?

I think this is the one. 🙂

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-religious-freedom-chair-russia-poses-imminent-risk-religions-not-traditional

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

8 minutes ago, halfspanishlee said:

How can I dotate to the bros in Ukraine? 

The worldwide work via jw.org The slave uses all funds in a faithful and discreet way.

As said before we can ask for funds to be used in a certain way but that just causes extra hassle for the brothers keeping money separate. It's easier all round just to donate to the world wide work.

This may change if Ukrainian refugee's come into our areas but this is the best course for now.

I'm wondering. Is there a way that brothers between 18 and 60 can leave the ukraine? We have Friends, also jw, his wife and daughter left the ukraine, but he and his son in law are still with brs in the ukraine. They won't let them cross the border. His wife is in Moldavië. He want to cross there also. 

Brother Oleg, please stay safe wherever you are, in Kiev or another hiding place. We won’t stop sending our prayers for your safety and for wisdom to act in these desperate situation. You are all a wonderful example for us of faith and courage. Our love for all the brothers and sisters with you!🌹🌺❤️

3 hours ago, Lemuil said:

Update 5: The situation in Kyiv remained quiet and stable last week.

I know it keeps being said but thanks again Brother Oleg for the updates, it is very reassuring to hear news on their ground. Continue to take care of yourself. Agape

P.s. love the story, that child isn't wrong.