JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pray For Our Ukrainian Brothers and Sisters

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 711 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

30 minutes ago, cme said:

The friends got out in time.  When they were told to leave before this happened the Poland Branch asked them to leave in view of war breaking out.

I've heard others compare this situation to the situation in Jerusalem when they were told to flee to Pella but I have not seen nor heard any official information saying that.  To the contrary, the video that was shared with us yesterday morning from the friends in Ukraine, they imply that they were still in Ukraine but in an undisclosed location.  I know that video was legit.   It was shared with us by our coordinator who has continued to have regular correspondence with some of the friends in Ukraine. When he showed us the video he reminded us that this was not an official report, that we would be hearing an official report later but this was given to them early that morning with permission from the friends there in Ukraine to share it with us.  There was other information that was shared with us too but I'm not comfortable sharing that on this forum.  

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

31 minutes ago, cme said:

The friends got out in time.  When they were told to leave before this happened the Poland Branch asked them to leave in view of war breaking out.

Not sure if this is right. It’s been circulating but needs verification. The Ukrainian brothers who do translation got out and are at the Polish branch. Spiritual food continues for our Ukrainian brothers. This was mentioned in another post. 

34 minutes ago, cme said:

It’s very interesting. May I ask how do you know this?

Of course some brothers and sisters left the country but not all. I bet majority of them was not able do it (yet). There are 129 000 publishers in Ukraine (I guess 150 000 with children and elderly?). It’s impossible for this quantity of people to cross the border in a short time. Even so, not all chose to leave (they are right to do it). So, could you elaborate a little bit on this?

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

10 hours ago, Stee said:

This coming Sundays WT…”Those seeking Jehovah will lack nothing good”. ..Talk about food at the proper time.

The Ukrainian brothers are a great example of faith in Jehovah, leaving (material) things behind and fully trusting in Jehovah to provide what they need. ❤️

Who left material things behind?

52 minutes ago, Susan Cook said:

Well, everyone who left in their car I would reckon!

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

7 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Well, everyone who left in their car I would reckon!

When you say ‘ The Ukrainian brothers’  it sounds like they all left, when in reality it may just be a small percentage who had the opportunity to flee before the trouble  started. And I am not sure to what extent faith may or may not have had played in their individual decision making.

Edited by Susan Cook

3 minutes ago, Susan Cook said:

When you say ‘ The Ukrainian brothers’  it sounds like they all left, when in reality it may just be a small percentage who had the opportunity to flee before the trouble  started. And I am not sure to what extent faith may or may not have had played in their individual decision making.

Point being I wouldn’t say it was a lack of faith , if, for whatever reason, somebody had decided to behind 

1 hour ago, Eggcorn said:

There was other information that was shared with us too but I'm not comfortable sharing that on this forum.  

Just wanted to say thank you for that. Both what you felt comfortable telling us, and also your keeping quiet on what perhaps you shouldn't. We may well face a time in the GT where we have to hide even what we say on this forum but even now "there's a time to be silent".

Of course I now want to pester you mercilessly for whatever I can get out of you and this is training for me.

4 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

The above brothers and sisters answered well for me..thank you. 🥰

I just meant it in a general sense..i should have inserted the word, “Some”. 

Reading the WT just really reminded me of the situation that the brothers in Ukraine are going through..”Some” having to leave things behind..but overall, whether they left things behind or not..All have a strong reliance on Jehovah..this is what the WT was encouraging. 

It is likely that most of the brothers and sisters are still in Ukraine. 

The chance of getting out is small at the moment. There is no evidence that any branch office specifically ordered our brothers and sisters to leave before the attack. I also hope and firmly believe that no one compares it to the situation in Jerusalem in 66-70. This is not the GT. Of course because of the emotional turmoil, some may be sensitive and look for immediate matches from past events.

I would also recommend avoiding unnecessary speculation. Instead, if anyone here knows what belongs to brothers and sisters now, or knows how to help them, now would be a chance.

Edited by Jimi-L

No matter how the wind howls the mountain cannot bow to it. 

1 hour ago, Jimi-L said:

or knows how to help them, now would be a chance.

Best possible help at the moment is donating via jw.org (best to set up regular debits) and let GB to use founds where they needed. Apart from our donations that look after physical aspect of brothers and sisters, our fervent prayers to Jehovah are important. 

I think the worse is still to come, Putin is frustrated and will grow more violent. Prayers please, lots of prayers.  

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

24 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Best possible help at the moment is donating via jw.org (best to set up regular debits) and let GB to use founds where they needed. Apart from our donations that look after physical aspect of brothers and sisters, our fervent prayers to Jehovah are important. 

I think the worse is still to come, Putin is frustrated and will grow more violent. Prayers please, lots of prayers.  

Unfortunately, it is not possible to donate from Finland directly. But prayers cost nothing! ❤️

33 minutes ago, Jimi-L said:

Unfortunately, it is not possible to donate from Finland directly. But prayers cost nothing! ❤️

Do you mean directly to jw.org worldwide fund from the website? Or do you mean directly to the Ukraine brothers?  We have been advised whenever there’s a disaster (or now war) to just donate to the worldwide work, and the brothers can best direct it. 

1 hour ago, Jimi-L said:

Unfortunately, it is not possible to donate from Finland directly.

Jimi, donations are set up to go to headquarters, and brothers on GB decide how to use founds. 

They are aware of problems Ukrainian family is facing, and they will use donated founds wisely, better than us individually. 

I love your concern and willingness! :givehug:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Do you mean directly to jw.org worldwide fund from the website? Or do you mean directly to the Ukraine brothers?  We have been advised whenever there’s a disaster (or now war) to just donate to the worldwide work, and the brothers can best direct it. 

i mean from jw.org. You cannot donate from Finland through this.

I have always had the conviction that the pandemic will prepare us for the future when we will not have the opportunity to meet physically. Perhaps, the situation in Russia and Ukraine could also be a preparation for the future when the GT comes. Who knows? It's all happening fast at the same time and simultaneously. 

Lucy, that might be true. However, those that are poor are taken care of by those that have to spare or have much.  We will all take care of each other.

16 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

Did JW families inc. men vacate Ukraine prior to the invasion?

I know of 4 that did not.

14 hours ago, Michał said:

It’s very interesting. May I ask how do you know this?

Of course some brothers and sisters left the country but not all. I bet majority of them was not able do it (yet). There are 129 000 publishers in Ukraine (I guess 150 000 with children and elderly?). It’s impossible for this quantity of people to cross the border in a short time. Even so, not all chose to leave (they are right to do it). So, could you elaborate a little bit on this?

There was an open window for them to leave.  Those that are there chose to stay or, could not get out.  But, the branch warned them in advance.