JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pray For Our Ukrainian Brothers and Sisters

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 698 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

8 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

"However, people on both sides are turning to their faith. Images of Ukrainians praying throughout the country were posted on Twitter on Wednesday (Feb. 23) when the attack started. Other, non-Orthodox Christians noted how Christians on both sides are fighting: “Tanks are rolling down from Russia, Russian Orthodox priests are blessing the tanks,” while “Ukrainian Orthodox priests are blessing the Ukrainian soldiers to fight against Russia.”"

:eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

21 hours ago, Tortuga said:

With the current situation in the Ukraine I found this video really encouraging. It was released after the 2014 conflict in Ukraine. It's a good reminder that Jehovah's hand is not short in caring for the friends. Please keep them in your prayers.

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-jwbrd_201610_1_VIDEO

Also this video mentions the effects of the 2014 conflict in Ukraine.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/Reports/pub-jwb_201801_2_VIDEO

The new May, 2022 Watchtower is going over Revelation.  It is a beautiful reminder of why these things are happening in the world right now and also a reminder of what we must do to show our support for God's kingdom.  Very encouraging.  

13 hours ago, Tortuga said:

"However, people on both sides are turning to their faith. Images of Ukrainians praying throughout the country were posted on Twitter on Wednesday (Feb. 23) when the attack started. Other, non-Orthodox Christians noted how Christians on both sides are fighting: “Tanks are rolling down from Russia, Russian Orthodox priests are blessing the tanks,” while “Ukrainian Orthodox priests are blessing the Ukrainian soldiers to fight against Russia.”"

:eek:

I like this from the new book.

Screenshot_20220225-101947.thumb.jpg.cb4796a08cc54cdaa4c4a90af1af976e.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I didnt think I had a problem with neutrality UNTIL now.
I'm in Australia and I am feeling overwhelmed by my anger of the unfairness. I feel so angry for my Ukrainian Brothers and have so much anger towards Putin for how he treats our Russian Brothers.

I have to somehow try to become neutral.... but HOW do you when things are so wrong and unjust?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I just wanted to say that the Russian and now Ukrainian brothers are an example of strength that we would do well to imitate.  When the GT breaks out, I'm sure you'll be helping many many of our friends to cope with the crazy times.  I'd love to be in any one of these brother's groups and hear the stories.

7 minutes ago, molnarj said:

I just received this. Let's keep them in our prayers.

And still smiling.

We grew up on very different stories of brothers during WW2 than they likely did in Eastern Europe. These guys know what to do now.

7 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

The Ukrainian Translation Department is working out of bethel in Poland since a few days, everything to preserve the flow of spiritual food into the country. They got out just in time before border checks prohibited men from leaving.

It may be a stupid question but does the bethel work on Saturday? This fantastic article is not yet available in Polish and Ukrainian and I’m wondering if it will be published today or on Monday. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏