JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes In One Place After Another...

Earthquake felt by millions according to news article.

The last sentence in the article (omitted due to copywrite) said it was the largest since 1992.

https://wgntv.com/news/5-7-magnitude-quake-felt-by-millions-in-salt-lake-city/?fbclid=IwAR2s5T7SkFARNNu0LuQaPQRjckf8JD8J1Na8UBzgI__k4y89fAK9umffKyY

SALT LAKE CITY — A 5.7 magnitude earthquake shook Salt Lake City and its suburbs early Wednesday, sending spooked residents fleeing their homes, knocking out power and bringing the city’s light rail system to a halt.

The epicenter was just southwest of Salt Lake City and an estimated 2.76 million probably felt the quake, the U.S. Geological Survey reported. There were no initial reports of major damage to buildings or injuries.

Residents reported feeling shaking across a 100-mile (160 kilometer) area, with the heaviest impact in Salt Lake County, officials said.

Some residents ran from their homes and into the streets as they felt the earthquake shake buildings for 10 to 15 seconds.

About 32,000 people lost electricity in the Salt Lake City Area, said utility Rocky Mountain Power.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

1 minute ago, Tbs77 said:

There have been over 15 earthquakes over 5.5 magnitude since March 1....I said don't let a big one happen people will lose it!

Volcanic activity has been on the rise this month too.  

Every eruption is equivalent to a 5.0, according to Michael Janitch/Dutchsinse.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Technology never ceases to amaze me.

I can listen to the local radio station http://player.listenlive.co/35861

on my computer and the local emergency crews on my scanner app.

The radio just announced that the already cancelled at the University classes (because of virus)

have also been cancelled on-line. (because of quake)  

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

For miles around Utah’s capital, china rattled in cabinets, pictures plummeted off walls and power snapped out. At the Salt Lake Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the tremors were so intense that the trumpet of the angel Moroni fell from the temple’s highest point. Many residents, staying indoors because of measures to stem the coronavirus outbreak around the country, suddenly faced a new hazard — anything that might fall on them in their homes.

Hmmmm

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

For miles around Utah’s capital, china rattled in cabinets, pictures plummeted off walls and power snapped out. At the Salt Lake Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the tremors were so intense that the trumpet of the angel Moroni fell from the temple’s highest point. Many residents, staying indoors because of measures to stem the coronavirus outbreak around the country, suddenly faced a new hazard — anything that might fall on them in their homes.

Hmmmm

Hi PNUTTS,Can you provide article link, please?

2 hours ago, booboo said:

Jumping in here, this is a link to Utah Mormon temple affected by earthquake.  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/us/earthquake-salt-lake-temple-moroni/index.html

The church teaches that Moroni was an ancient prophet who led Mormonism's founder, Joseph Smith, to the golden plates from which the Book of Mormon was translated. Moroni's horn, the church says, symbolizes spreading the message of the restoration of Christianity that Mormons believe was begun by Smith.

So...the symbolic horn fell off the statue...

Very interesting.

5.0 Earthquake about 5 miles from where my youngest son lives in Carson City Nevada, USA.  Big enough to get his attention but didn't do much damage.

https://www.tahoedailytribune.com/news/5-0-earthquake-reported-near-carson-city-douglas-line/

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

21 minutes ago, rocket said:

5.0 Earthquake about 5 miles from where my youngest son lives in Carson City Nevada, USA.  Big enough to get his attention but didn't do much damage.

https://www.tahoedailytribune.com/news/5-0-earthquake-reported-near-carson-city-douglas-line/

My sister felt this up at Lake Tahoe. 6:37 p.m.

Is your son a JW?

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-51995800/zagreb-hit-by-largest-earthquake-in-140-years   ( video)

Zagreb hit by largest earthquake in 140 years - The Croatian capital has been hit by 5.3 magnitude earthquake.

"Very few people were on the streets when the earthquake struck in the early hours of Sunday morning.

But falling masonry from Zagreb’s historic buildings crushed parked cars and blocked roads. The tremor was felt in neighbouring Slovenia and southern Austria."

2020-03-23_07h36_46.png