JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A good joke

dilip kumar

A young devout Christian named David joined a monastery. He worked hard and was eventually allowed to take his vows.

He promised to be free of the desire for possessions, to be obedient and, most importantly, celibate. He was initiated into the holy order and became one of the brother monks.

He was put to work copying ancient holy manuscripts which he did for a number of years.

After some time, having been religiously obedient and celibate, he was elevated to the post of fact checker. He was entrusted with reading the original manuscripts and making sure they had always been copied letter for letter, word for word.

One day the rest of the monks were having lunch and they noticed David was missing. The head abbot went down to the archives to find brother David, and discovered him bent over an original ancient text, sobbing and weeping.

Alarmed, the abbot asked: “Brother David, what is the matter?”

“All this time … all this time …” was all David could choke out.

“David, all this time, what?” the abbot insisted.

“All this time … we’ve been copying it wrong. The word is ‘celebrate’.”

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

“All this time … we’ve been copying it wrong. The word is ‘celebrate’.”

I worked with two monks from a NH monastery. New Englanders are known for moving the letter "R" around in local vernacular. Apparently, these co-workers were celebrating more of the masses than the so-called "mass." One direct quote: "Being a monk is a real chick magnet."  

Y(will refrain from further quoting these sources) S

Plaintiff----is understood as plane thief and as he reacts the judge sees that he is not a proper lawyer.

Meaning of Plaintiff 

Noun: plaintiff

|pleyn-tif|
  (law) a person who brings an action in a court of law  in common law any degree of contributory negligence would bar the plaintiff from collecting damages
= complainant
defendant

52 minutes ago, Dove said:

Is it because girl ants can’t swim 😬

What? I really don't get the joke but Sheep made it sound like something not good so I was only defending the girls...😊

Maybe someone could explain?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

5 hours ago, Dove said:

What? I really don't get the joke but Sheep made it sound like something not good so I was only defending the girls...😊

Maybe someone could explain?

Yes. I'm surprised that not everyone understood it. You see, it's this way...

5 hours ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

Oh bouy!

It floats because it's a boy ant. It's a deliberate misspelling of the word buoyant.

Now are you sorry you had to ask?

Edited by Sheep

9 hours ago, Dove said:

lol thank you  Eric....☺️

Should have understood, I raised 3 boy ants...☺️

9 hours ago, Dove said:

lol thank you  Eric....☺️

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Years ago, In an effort to teach my daughters good speech habits

I gave them a little speech culminating in "...there are two words I think you should avoid, one is 'awsome' the other is 'gross."

To which my older daughter replied "Sure enough, Dad what are they?"  :crying:

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I have been collecting animated gifs since I first got the internet, wàaaaaay back in 2000.  I had Incredimail, which allowed you to insert animated gifs into your messages.  I now have thousands of them, from too many different sites on the WWW to possibly recall them all.

Just Google animated gifs and you will be overwhelmed with all the sites you can download from. :D

I even have a few on my phone.

865869995_Happyexcited.GIF.6f7e60ca0d1803993d7e82a913b6d9ce.GIF.87b32a0865d44f36789df37cbf2f8238.GIF

266531837_GrinsBouncing.gif.f5685b28bb620d8c6c979eac1951ec26.gif.589ce48d769b15a26f8f6db951f008b0.gif

178566935_Happyspinning.gif.828e1401918a7b3372ba3a431661c642.gif.5f39f8f244d7e7b3608f57357f453948.gif

Riverdance.gif.698453aaa3faacca349f77bedab23ad3.gif.07bf02385fe3d6a93d0b036f3632efb3.gif

1968428341_happywhistling.gif.6323db5576eb87335c76a2881a537a63.gif.58305e3f57357db0b71fb34347f18e54.gif

1813220395_Happydance2.gif.435b7b2872239833163995674fe82f8c.gif.685aa608b74583ca5254a8bc8351bfa4.gif

1 hour ago, 1gemstone said:

Where or what website do you get your animations collection from, I do enjoy your collection.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Okay, I hope some of you know the answer to this question. I've been trying to figure it out for years...

In Ephesians chapter 5, Paul gives some fine counsel to Christian husbands to love their wives as their own bodies. He reasons that no man ever hated his own flesh. At least, it sounds like good advice.

So, how come the apostle Paul himself pummeled his body and led it as a slave? :confused:

Um... No wonder Paul wasn't married?