JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2024 Governing Body Update #3

Go to solution Solved by Lance,

Thank you to the brothers for their love, patience, and understanding after the release of 2023 Governing Body Update #8 (https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioNewsReports/docid-702023024_1_VIDEO) and 2024 Governing Body Update #2 (https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioNewsReports/docid-1112024005_1_VIDEO). I can only imagine how many discussions and conversations the brethren and sisters and elders and district brethren had to have in meetings. How many phone calls had to be made throughout the Bethel world to help the responsible brethren in the assemblies to approach these questions about the changes correctly. 

Yes, we need reminders and loving guidance and correction. We are all different - that is good, but Jehovah is one, He is worthy of respect on our part and respect and love for one another. Thank you for the encouraging admonition, dear brethren! ❤️

1 hour ago, Luigi62 said:

Oh wow i was expecting it in a few weeks

I was hoping "in less than 6 months". 

😂

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 hours ago, MullumMiss said:

feel some lost their perspective after the past couple of updates.

I wish it would have happened at least a month from now. 

I didn't get a chance to "lose my perspective" yet! 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 minute ago, Knight said:

Why not so many comments about this Update like for the two previous ones? 

Because some of us just woke up and haven't watched it yet.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Abigail said:

The release of a new video entitled "A Lost Bible Translation Rediscovered," 

The discussion on the “Lost Bible Translation Rediscovered” is indeed remarkable……, buttt on another note, I don’t know who’s out there messing it up for the sisters with the slacks and casual dress but please, please, please do not come to our meetings wearing pajama pants as you would to Walmart👀 Even there I do not like the see it them even at the stores while shopping. And definitely try not to wear leggings to the Kingdom Hall, Assemblies and Conventions. This is what I took from the update clarity on dress and grooming. The brothers beards shouldn’t be long enough that you would need to roll it up on rollers but instead trimmed, neat and respectable. Maybe the elders have been observing, as they should while keeping an eye on themselves, and voiced concerns back to the CO. And it went all the way up to Bethel in that they had to quickly do a update right before the Regional Convention where everybody’s dress and grooming will be on display and may pose a distraction from the program, because we’ll be too busy looking at who’s wearing what or that beard has body bounce and layers.

1 hour ago, SKnight said:

The discussion on the “Lost Bible Translation Rediscovered” is indeed remarkable……, buttt on another note, I don’t know who’s out there messing it up for the sisters with the slacks and casual dress but please, please, please do not come to our meetings wearing pajama pants as you would to Walmart👀 Even there I do not like the see it them even at the stores while shopping. And definitely try not to wear leggings to the Kingdom Hall, Assemblies and Conventions. This is what I took from the update clarity on dress and grooming. The brothers beards shouldn’t be long enough that you would need to roll it up on rollers but instead trimmed, neat and respectable. Maybe the elders have been observing, as they should while keeping an eye on themselves, and voiced concerns back to the CO. And it went all the way up to Bethel in that they had to quickly do a update right before the Regional Convention where everybody’s dress and grooming will be on display and may pose a distraction from the program, because we’ll be too busy looking at who’s wearing what or that beard has body bounce and layers.

" we’ll be too busy looking at who’s wearing what or that beard ..."

I believe that at the Regional Convention there will be a handsome bearded man who will make everyone agree, and I hope that we will only have eyes for him during the 3 days.

1 hour ago, Pabo said:

Sadly, we have a couple of "mature" ones that may not be the best to ask, as they should be asking the same questions of themselves.

Zz Top 80S GIF

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Dages said:

Poor brothers in Warwick may have been carpet bombed with dumb questions :D 

I bet they have. 
I was told service department got a call one time on which hand the watchtower reader should hold his watchtower.  Evidently there was a photo of a reader and since he was holding it in one hand versus the other, the local brothers started discussing what was appropriate.  Can we say fringes and wash to your elbows? lol 

So I can only imagine the calls over the beards, ties and slacks!

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Almost half of the year's GB Update is dedicated to dressings and groomings starting from the last year's GB Update 8. This Shows how important this subject is, and in all we do we must give priority to the holiness of our God's name : Jehovah.

I really like the clarification given in this recent GB Update

Personally, I have observed (in my congregation, at least) that there seems to be a higher proportion of brothers wearing beards than the men in the world! We've gone from no beards... to beards galore! Exactly what is it that happened? Maybe with the request to prayerfully reflect on what is proper grooming in respect to beards, perhaps some will decide they didn't want a beard after all.

(like... they were just following the crowd up until now...?)

43 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Personally, I have observed (in my congregation, at least) that there seems to be a higher proportion of brothers wearing beards than the men in the world! We've gone from no beards... to beards galore! Exactly what is it that happened? Maybe with the request to prayerfully reflect on what is proper grooming in respect to beards, perhaps some will decide they didn't want a beard after all.

This is true 👏🏽

Bro. @jwhess mentioned on a previous post that, in time, the attention surrounding beards, neckties, and slacks will cease, fade, and become second-nature. It harmonizes right with this current GB #3 update.., Our focus should be on preaching this “Good News” of God’s Kingdom. We’ve gotten away from that with all the recent adjustments in our organization. 😬

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

It just demonstrates the human inclination to explore newfound freedoms and establish boundaries. 

It seems that we have let our standards fall slightly, since the announcements on dress and grooming mentioned earlier in the year. This reminder in GB Update # 3 resets us  as to appropriate dress sense and grooming. 

It is better for us to keep well within the directives given us than skirt around the edges.