JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New World Translation (2013 revision) in additional languages

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 656 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

16 hours ago, jwhess said:

What color is the paperback cover?

12 hours ago, Patinage said:

The French Bible cover is in elegant, beautiful grey (if I understand your question correctly) - the same as all other covers of the new world translation

8 hours ago, jwhess said:

I think I was misunderstanding some posts.  I thought it sounded like the cover was a soft-paper cover like our other publications are today (or like our old NWT).  Everybody has been getting their 2013 RNWT Bibles in the Grey soft-leather like covers.  I just wondered if the French version was different.  think the error is on my part.

Patricia is right. It looks like just any other Bible, except for the title...

DSCN2294.thumb.JPG.beaf564df240856b1432cc8ed96bcabe.JPG

8 hours ago, Hannah said:

In fact we just went back to the older names we had in our French bible before the 1984 version 

example : Tsephania est redevenu Sophonie, Haggai est Aggée etc etc....

Yehotsadaq est redevenu Josué ....

it is much easier for me 😀

i don't even mention all the kings and prophets we had to learn their new names in the 1984 version 

now back to the old good names (ha ha)

bravo pour la simplification 👍

The new French Bible has many similarities with the Haitian Creole Bible from 2015. For us too it was a little hard to get used to changes such as Mika for Miche, Sefànya for Sofoni, Agayi for Aje, Neyemya for Neyemi, etc. I did appreciate the change for loving kindness being “lanmou fidèl” or “lanmou ak fidelite”. 

Patricia is right. It looks like just any other Bible, except for the title...
DSCN2294.thumb.JPG.beaf564df240856b1432cc8ed96bcabe.JPG

The three Scandinavian editions have similar titles. They are entitled New World Translation of the Bible.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Suzi said:

Biblia nwt-P po polsku 👍

IMG_20180815_101013.jpg

:) Great! Congratulations! 🎉🎈🎊 

Who says Jehovah doesn’t make miracles in 21st century?!

Whilst world is getting ready to go away for ever, Jehovah’s chariot is moving ahead very fast! Will we hold on it? I hope we all will! 

Edited by Guri

Spelling

• 2 weeks later...

New World Translation Released in Kiluba, Ndebele (Zimbabwe), and Swahili (Congo) (:P)

https://www.jw.org/en/whats-new/nwt-released-kiluba-ndebele-swahili/

I'm so happy for our Congolese brothers and sisters.  There is so much ethnic strife in that region and having their "Sword of the Spirit" will indeed be a great blessing and comfort to them.

Edited by Omoyeme

1 hour ago, juliansan said:

A special broadcast was announced for all German-speaking congregations. It's going to be held on 2nd of February 2019 and the guest speaker is going to be Gerrit Lösch. Sooooo, what could the special meeting be about? 🤔😂

I think, I think ..- I can not get it.

I love our new revised version, especially the study Bible. What a great work brother have done! No religion on earth could take such a heavy responsibility and with such a fantastic results! Succes is by Jehovah's backing.

The translators work very hard, and I am sure we all appreciate their hard work despite the fact we don't see them. I look forward to Georgian RNWT and I hope one day I will have it on my hand. :)

P.S. I even made one in photoshop :D 

IMG_1973.JPG

Edited by Guri

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2018 at 1:05 AM, juliansan said:

A special broadcast was announced for all German-speaking congregations. It's going to be held on 2nd of February 2019 and the guest speaker is going to be Gerrit Lösch. Sooooo, what could the special meeting be about? 🤔😂

Very interesting!!!

Are you still able to order the current Bibles or are they back-ordered? I remember in the U.S. before the revised Bible was released, it was not possible to order what, at that time, were the current Bibles, so they were simply back-ordered until further notice. Well, the notice later was that there was a revised version available!

Edited by mexiguoren

How is everyone's Bible holding out? My  pages are still attached firmly, I do look after it... and the cover is still soft and supple. They really did thoroughly research the materials they used. 

My physical bible is holding out just fine. Excellent work on that one.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 9/14/2018 at 3:52 AM, anniebea said:

How is everyone's Bible holding out? My  pages are still attached firmly, I do look after it... and the cover is still soft and supple. They really did thoroughly research the materials they used. 

My Bible(s) is holding out very well. Well, yes, I have a few copies; one for my service bag, one for my meeting case, one on my kitchen table with the Daily text, another at my bedside table... Did I forget any...? I agree. After seeing a video (I don't remember which one) about the research they did beforehand on what materials to use for the new Bible, I was amazed! They made a good choice.

On 9/14/2018 at 12:52 AM, anniebea said:

How is everyone's Bible holding out? My  pages are still attached firmly, I do look after it... and the cover is still soft and supple...

My Bible has not held up well at all.

I posted about the deteriorating condition a year and a half ago on this post:

Some thought it was a mouse eating the cover but it is the high humidity in the Dominican Republic.

The Bible I gave my wife also has the same problem.

The Bibles are a lot worse now compared to the pictures. I don't have a recent picture at this time since my wife and I are visiting Southern California until mid October.

When we visited Warwick last year I showed my Bible to the brothers at the front desk and they were shocked 😲 to see it in this condition.

They suggested I send an email to the publishing department with pictures and letting them know how I use it. I never contacted them since I lost this departments email address.

IMG_20170202_184242689.jpg.7dea9a1d5dd0c1b51dd90a6ede44c913.jpg.369be260cecbca793e1efdf9cce16d44.jpg

IMG_20170202_184203719.jpg.de1ecb64045919c2ef67b7783a9c1510.jpg.823d78d05851ccdd0ebabb647a97b96a.jpg

Hopefully the covers have been upgraded since the 2013 Bibles to withstand higher humidity climates like the Dominican Republic but I haven't noticed a difference.

Have any of you?

The Bible for Haitian Creole came out about 2 years ago but I haven't had the opportunity to see if they are doing any better.