JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My off topic thread

Just think - if you have Windows on your computer and an Amazon Fire stick on your TV and a Google device - your house could end up talking to itself when no one is home :eek:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

A 6 year old in Dallas ordered 4 lbs of cookies and a $170 doll house...the parents are keeping the cookies but not the doll house. :)

They're putting a 4 digit code on Alexa to prevent another time..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

friend of mine has a Google device that can be used to turn on his TV and the light in his living room. He also added some lights under the upper kitchen cabinets. The Google device is the only way to turn these lights on and/or off.

I "house sat" for him when they visited the US Branch facilities in Nov. He demonstrated how to turn the lights and TV on/off by saying, "OK Google" - letting it 'chime' it's acknowledgement - and then saying, "Turn on/off <device>". It worked just fine for me.

I stayed there for a week and a half. While there, I heard a commercial on TV where they said "Hey Google" instead of "OK Google" - so, I tried "Hey Google" ... and it worked! 

He has a nice sound bar om his TV and you can turn the sound up nicely if you want. I had it up while watching something and that Google device commercial came on and the person on the TV said, "Hey Google" and the device in my friends house chimed it's acknowledgement and then announced it could not locate the device mentioned on the TV ...

On 12/11/2018 at 7:51 AM, bagwell1987 said:

We're in the middle of blustery wind, on my way home I saw a blow-up Santa, it has the sand in the bottom so it can bob around. It was blowed over on its face and the wind was blowing just right so that Santa's face was being bashed into the ground over and over😂

Well, Santa was still true to form 5 days later! LOL

1437377865_Santa(861x1531).thumb.jpg.fae4a4f11e299162db049daddced80db.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

43 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Well, Santa was still true to form 5 days later! LOL

1437377865_Santa(861x1531).thumb.jpg.fae4a4f11e299162db049daddced80db.jpg

He musta just gave up...or his train ran out of gas..

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife and I are watching old Perry Mason reruns and the prosecution attorney is named Hamilton Burger. 

No wonder Perry is able to make Ham Burger out of him....:eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Perry Mason always win his cases. ALWAYS. And in one episode he even had a donkey (mule, ass...dont know the difference) in court as a material witness. 

And the animal testified too. He said "hee haw" lol. But seriously, he did. 

Edited by Luezette

When asked by a fan why Perry Mason won every case, Burr told her, "But madam, you see only the cases I try on Saturday." Mason is known to have lost, in some form or manner, three cases—"The Case of the Terrified Typist", "The Case of the Witless Witness", and "The Case of the Deadly Verdict".

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Is Quebec pronounced Kee Bek or que bek. Grandma always said Kee bek.

I thought it was Kay Beck...?

• 1 month later...