JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

YouTube Classics (Post a video... any video!)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The music isn't wonderful, I think it has words I wouldn't use. so PLEASE turn sound off. This is the best video I could find, most of the operators don't have rhythm, this one does cause of the music. And there's no fun in watching an idiot machine operator!! And it's a long video, but in a short time you can understand what's going on.

Here's a video of the Waratah head in action. The head can be used on different machines- John Deer, Cat etc. This video shows one that can cut up to a 25" diameter. MH can do a 28" log with his Danglehead. 

What you'll see in this video is amazing but not if you don't know what to look for. 

The logs are being stacked on other logs to keep them off the ground- neat

These were processed in BC,  they do a shorter length than we do in the US. 

The saw that comes down by the drive wheels- the metal 'wheels' that feed the log, is called the butt saw and on the other side of the head is something that looks like a shoe horn, it's called the knife, it takes/scrapes all the limbs off, then the back saw is called the 'top' saw and it cuts the length of log needed. All the lengths are shown on a computer screen in the cab. Each job has it's own set of lengths, a list is given to the operator at each job, it's his responsibility to make sure it's right- if they're not cut right literally hundreds of thousands of dollars will be lost. 

He's stacking in different stacks- export, domestic, saw logs etc.Perhaps he isn't but it's what they do here 

And then if you watch he flings the top of the tree- unscaleable- off to the back end or else he has to do 'shoot clean-up' to free his pile of logs he has to process. He uses the drive wheels to fling it, and they can really fling it FAR! 

On the job MH has now he's processing 1,100 to 1,500 LOGS a day, that's 17-20 loads. It's a 100 acre family owned tract. 

https://youtu.be/j4aNU3XmuBw

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Take your dogs to McDonalds and enjoy.

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/tHvExOg4NI0?rel=0

Ohhh....nothing worse than a lactose intolerant dog and ice cream... 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Here's a video of the Waratah head in action. The head can be used on different machines- John Deer, Cat etc. This video shows one that can cut up to a 25" diameter. MH can do a 28" log with his Danglehead. 

What you'll see in this video is amazing but not if you don't know what to look for. 

The logs are being stacked on other logs to keep them off the ground- neat

That is an amazing piece of equipment and the operator has to be extremely organized to keep track of everything. Thanks for sharing!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Oh I hope you all enjoy these guys like I do. I love to cook but have become bored, not any more!

https://youtu.be/oMkZ3GY8PKY

wish the video would just come up for you, don't know why not.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

A sister gave me a Purple Lanyard to keep track of my keys. Every time I use it, and pull it over my head, my earrings and readers fly across the air like Lee Press-on nails at a high school cat fight. Then, I look like I am dancing to Shake it off, as I try to locate keys, glasses, and earrings. If this video is offensive, I will remove it. I think it is Taylor Swift's best effort. (I have worked in Portsmouth NH, before)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgtzXNva3Z4

A sister gave me a Purple Lanyard to keep track of my keys. Every time I use it, and pull it over my head, my earrings and readers fly across the air like Lee Press-on nails at a high school cat fight. Then, I look like I am dancing to Shake it off, as I try to locate keys, glasses, and earrings. If this video is offensive, I will remove it. I think it is Taylor Swift's best effort. (I have worked in Portsmouth NH, before)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgtzXNva3Z4

If anyone listens to the dissertation of the Valedictorian, it is in defense of nerdiness. When I was in high school there were the Beeries, The Druggies, the Jocks, and the Nerds. One could never guess where I fell in the line-up. 

I saw that video on the Today show this morning - absolutely precious! If she was a happy baby before,she must be overjoyed now to finally see Mommy and Daddy clearly for the first time!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Nice! This is how I treated my kids and now grand girl. They set the limits, because of their personal strengths or weaknesses. Wish more people did this, have seen a few hold their children back. It was only their OWN weakness, not that of the girl, that held the child back.