JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

YouTube Classics (Post a video... any video!)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all you animal lovers out there - The people who made "Despicable Me" are coming out with a new movie called "The Secret Life of Pets" and it looks hilarious!  Too bad it won't be out till next summer - here's the trailor - only watch it if you want to smile and laugh!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

For all you animal lovers out there - The people who made "Despicable Me" are coming out with a new movie called "The Secret Life of Pets" and it looks hilarious!  Too bad it won't be out till next summer - here's the trailor - only watch it if you want to smile and laugh!

I know. I want to see it now!

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

• 2 weeks later...

"On the Autism Spectrum" - that makes it even more amazing! For some reason this website won't let the video play until it's totally buffered! (my experience anyways)

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a flash from the past.

Helms bakery trucks. I grew up in southern California and I remember the doughnut truck driving through the neighborhood.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Richard,

I was born and grew up in California...and I definitely remember the Helm's Bakery Trucks. Seeing that picture, seems more like 100 years ago. I remember how I use to go out and purchase bakery products off the trucks...and then I think how impossible it would be

to try run that business today in 2015. They carried money and and made change right there on the street. I don't remember?? any

getting robbed...at least in the earlier years. They operated the trucks from 1931 to 1969...and they sure had great tasting items!

I had to respond to your post...because I can hardly believe that they drove up and down neighborhood streets and no one was afraid about going out and buying bread and pastries from them...no fear...it never entered my mind. It was a

simpler time. Fond memories.

Edited by nanceebgd46

Richard,

I was born and grew up in California...and I definitely remember the Helm's Bakery Trucks. Seeing that picture, seems more like 100 years ago. I remember how I use to go out and purchase bakery products off the trucks...and then I think how impossible it would be

Nancee;;

I grew in Orange County, where did you live in SoCal?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My dad worked for Helm's in 1955 or 56. He couldn't find work when we moved to California in carpentry, his actual profession. I remember him showing me how uncalloused his hands became selling bread and donuts instead of using a hammer. When he got home at the end of the day many of the neighbor kids came to his truck for free leftover donuts. Wow I haven't thought of that in ages.

The only trouble he ever had was kids stopping him just for "fun." Not to buy.

It makes me sad that he drove a Helm's bakery truck, doing what he had to do to support us.... He was born to build houses. And he went on to do just that.

Edited by Althea

My dad worked for Helm's in 1955 or 56. He couldn't find work when we moved to California in carpentry, his actual profession. I remember him showing me how uncalloused his hands became selling bread and donuts instead of using a hammer. When he got home at the end of the day many of the neighbor kids came to his truck for free leftover donuts. Wow I haven't thought of that in ages.

My father was a carpenter in the 50's and 60's and I fondly remember my brother and I going to 'work' with him. I remember the doughnut trucks driving through our neighborhood in the afternoons..

Richard...

I grew up in Whittier, Ca...the next city over was La Habra, which I believe was in Orange County

Whittier is in Los Angeles County.

I have friends in Whittier. My little brother lives in Whittier now..