JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

YouTube Classics (Post a video... any video!)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Saw this a while back, it's ridiculous how the manufacturers make the dolls look so sexually suggestive. These are just little girls who play with them. Maybe it's the mommies who need a good talking to for giving them to their girls. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

This lady is so right. My Sindy doll in the 1960's was so 'normal looking' compared to weird shaped Barbie. You could buy ready-made 1960's outfits for her, but they were expensive, so I used to get the Pins and Needles craft magazine and it had a page of knitting and sewing patterns to make Sindy other clothes. I also made her a room out of a shoe-box and it had homemade card furniture. Sadly the Sindy/Pedigree company updated her too, but the early one is still very collectable over here.

It wasn't as popular, but they did a Paul boyfriend for Sindy when Barbie got a Ken boyfriend. One rare version of these Paul's had a 'mop' hairstyle based on the Beatle: Paul McCartney!

Like was said on the Youtube clip: Little girls want to play with friends like themselves, not the dozy looking weirdo's that are for sale now.Apart from Sindy, I actually preferred my furry toys/teddies. I inherited quite a few of my Mother's and Gran's furry toys and they are all in a suitcase. My husband has given strict instructions that they aren't going to be any part of the emergency 'to-go-bag' gear! Lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Goes to show that all of Jehovah's creatures have feelings and emotions - I never saw a happier bunch of cows in all my life (I laughed to see the one rubbing itself all over the grass!)

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

We had a brush fire on the cliff brows beyond the field in front of my house. The firemen parked their fire truck on our road and let the hoses out across the field, but they only got 2/3 the way across, so the cows in the field ambled over to the firemen see what was going on. It was a hot day and the flames were quite high so the firemen aimed straight across to the fire with hoses of water, but the cows were hot, so they were leaping about, all excited about getting a cool shower and the firemen had a real effort to reach the fire as the cows kept intercepting the flow to get cooled down!

One naughty cow realised she could stop the water flow by standing on the hose and kept putting her foot on it so she could get chased off by another fireman. Another found a bucket and kept putting it on her head and running about with it until she tossed it off and then ran after it to put back on again - shame I didn't have a camera! When the fire was down to smouldering - some exhausted firemen were laid out in the field having a well earned rest and the cows were just all stood together under a long hosing/shower by other firemen.

• 3 weeks later...

What a demeaning and horrible thing to do to someone - in public or in private.  

yes ! They do this kind of derision everywhere - maybe not in this way, they have many other ways. BUT  "the people love it that way ... they have shut their eyes, so that they might never see with their eyes"   :pinch: 

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

Woman with one arm and man with one leg won a dance competition. Who do you think is crying in the audience, his mother or her mother? This is especially poignant to me as one of my sons was run over by a truck 5 years ago (drunk driver) and has been at risk of losing his leg. He had to quit dental school, teach himself to walk, and is now working as a taxi driver.  He needs two more surgeries, but is at risk of going back into compartment syndrome (day one), so he is weighing the risk of more surgeries, 7 so far. He is not baptized but attends meetings.