JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

carpal tunnel syndrome

@kejedo   

https://drmikesnyder.com/carpal-tunnel-syndrome-treatment/

Carpal tunnel syndrome is more common with those with repetitive job duties, poor ergonomics, trauma, overactive pituitary gland, hypothyroidism, rheumatoid arthritis, fluid retention during pregnancy or menopause, a cyst or tumor.  Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is more prevalent in woman due to their carpal tunnel being smaller. Carpal Tunnel can be diagnosed with orthopedic and neurologic testing.  The wrist is examined for tenderness, swelling, warmth, and discoloration. Routine laboratory tests and X-rays can reveal diabetes, arthritis, and fractures.  Sometimes Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV) and Electromyography (EMG) tests are used to help in the diagnosis.

https://10faq.com/health/carpal-tunnel-symptoms/2/

2  Cannot Feel Hot or Cold

The pain someone feels when he or she touches something hot or cold is a defense mechanism that helps prevent serious damage to the body. For people with carpal tunnel symptom, however, it may not be possible to feel these sensations at all.

When the nerves in the hand become trapped or damaged, they can lose the ability to sense temperatures. This is potentially dangerous because it means a person may unknowingly cause terrible damage to her hands. Therefore, people with carpal tunnel syndrome need to take extra care when touching and handling objects.

3  Morning Stiffness

In the mornings, the muscles are stiff from being still for so long. Stiff muscles are usually only temporary, though, and after a little stretching and moving about, our muscles are typically able to function normally. However, people with carpal tunnel syndrome often find that the mobility of their hands is severely impaired in the morning. This can affect even simple tasks, such as making breakfast or brushing the teeth.

4  Nighttime Pain

Most people are able to get the amount of sleep they need at night, but not everybody is so lucky. One symptom of carpal tunnel syndrome is pain in the hands at night. While the pain is also felt throughout the day, sufferers of carpal tunnel syndrome report that the pain is worse at night. The pain is often severe enough to wake up the patient. This can obviously negatively affect sleeping patterns and thus significantly impact one’s quality of life.

5  Difficulty Holding Objects

People tend to take the hands for granted, but they use them extensively every day. They help people pick up heavy objects as well as handle delicate items. People can perform the most intricate tasks without even thinking about it, but this can become all but impossible for people with carpal tunnel syndrome

Carpal tunnel syndrome affects the muscles that move the fingers and the thumb. Consequently, even grasping something can become difficult. People with carpal tunnel syndrome might sometimes lose control suddenly, causing them to drop whatever they are holding at the time. The condition makes performing simple tasks challenging. It may even affect a person’s ability to look after oneself

6  Weakness

Muscles in the arms help operate the hands. These muscles pull on tendons, which then pull on the fingers and thumb, creating a strong grip. With the onset of carpal tunnel syndrome, however, the strength in the hands can be lost. This loss of strength can be mild at first, but it slowly worsens as the condition progresses.

If the hands are weak, even everyday activities become increasingly hard to do. People with carpal tunnel syndrome may even become dependent on others.

7  Swollen Fingers Sensation

The nerves play an important role in the body because they help the body detect what is in the environment and send messages back to the brain. Sometimes, though, these messages can get mixed up, causing people to feel things that are not there. When the nerves in the fingers become trapped or damaged because of carpal tunnel syndrome, it might feel as though the fingers are swollen even when they are not.

Even though the fingers are not be swollen, the sensation can still limit dexterity considerably. This makes performing more delicate tasks harder than usual. (Even buttoning a shirt can become a monumental task.) The sensation that the fingers are swollen when they are not is one of the strongest indicators of carpal tunnel syndrome.

8  Itching

Itching is a useful sensation because it brings attention to something that is irritating the skin. However, in carpal tunnel syndrome, the itching can occur for no apparent reason. People with carpal tunnel symptom can feel as though their hands and fingers are constantly itchy. The symptom is a result of the median nerve being compressed within the carpal tunnel. The sensation is often persistent and can be quite difficult to live with.

9  Burning Sensation

Nerves help people sense the environment around them. However, if the nerve signals get mixed, then people might begin to experience sensations for no apparent reason. For example, carpal tunnel syndrome can cause someone to feel a burning sensation even when there is nothing hot present.

This sensation often occurs when the hand has been kept in the same position for a prolonged period of time, such as while a person is sleeping. The sensation may cause the person to wake up. Some have described the sensation as an electric shock that can be felt in the forearms as well as the hands and fingers.

10  Sleeping Hands

A numbness or tingling sensation sometimes means a part of the body has “fallen asleep.” It feels as though that part of the body doesn’t want to move or do anything at all. It is usually a result of sitting or lying awkwardly, and the sensation will usually go away shortly after resuming a more suitable position.

One symptom of carpal tunnel syndrome is the hands seem to fall asleep and are unresponsive. The normal response is to shake the hands in order to “wake them up,” but, with carpal tunnel syndrome, this is ineffective

Edited by M'Awan

Restore the numbering

Daydream -

Scientists have discovered that daydreaming is an important tool for creativity. It causes a rush of activity in a circuit, which connects different parts of the brain and allows the mind to make new associations.

Thanks, Sister Anne, I certainly fit these symptoms. I believe the neurologist is doing the emg Monday. I definitely have to work on better posture. I do have a chiropractor in the area that I have used before, should that be the conclusion. My worst feature right now is my left thumb, that is still numb. Y(numb-thumb)S

I find even with hearing aides some people still can’t hear. 

“CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?!!!  📢 

I know, I’m a terrible person. 🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

24 minutes ago, Loopy said:

I got hearing aids some 20 years ago. I found that I could hear my wife a whole lot better. I took them out, put them back in the box and never wore them again. Life is good again with selective hearing ! :lol:

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

2 hours ago, Loopy said:

O O me thinks me upset the turtle. Got an angry face reaction. 🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓

Sorry. 🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

14 minutes ago, Loopy said:

O O me thinks me upset the turtle. Got an angry face reaction. 🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓

Sorry. 🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠

I have a midrange hearing loss and I wear hearing aids. Unfortunately they dont always help because some people speak very quietly or don't enunciate. Its frustrating to have to put up with imperfections whether people are yelling at me or not.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Loopy said:

I'm one of those people...😶

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

4 minutes ago, Dove said:

I'm one of those people...😶

Hearing aids are not all that perfected yet...in my experience they make sound louder but not clearer, not just conversation but all the surround noise competing with voices..then add tinnitus....sometimes they're not worth the batteries..😐

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

My hearing test have shown that my hearing loss is "correctable" and I was even allowed to try some hearing aids - they were very nice in the way I could hear with them in ...

However, since they cost nearly $5,000 I cannot afford them - so, I still can't hear right and need people to repeat things

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

24859.thumb.jpeg.a0d87fa74ed2b6c565d7b877636341d5.jpeg

We fed birds today at the African Safari Wildlife Park on Port Clinton, OH 

https://www.africansafariwildlifepark.com/

Phillipians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste, whatever things are lovable, whatever things are well-spoken-of, whatever things are virtuous, and whatever things are praiseworthy, continue considering these things. 

3 hours ago, Shawnster said:

24859.thumb.jpeg.a0d87fa74ed2b6c565d7b877636341d5.jpeg

We fed birds today at the African Safari Wildlife Park on Port Clinton, OH 

https://www.africansafariwildlifepark.com/

Need an AWWWWW button. Thanks for this. Makes me feel better. At work yesterday a small bird flew into my truck window and as I approached I saw feathers and it gasping for it's last breath. I was horrified, one of the officers (state police) came out and picked him up saying he would be buried on his property. Felt so sorry for that baby. But these birds are so alive and beautiful, happy. TY 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

19 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Need an AWWWWW button. Thanks for this. Makes me feel better. At work yesterday a small bird flew into my truck window and as I approached I saw feathers and it gasping for it's last breath. I was horrified, one of the officers (state police) came out and picked him up saying he would be buried on his property. Felt so sorry for that baby. But these birds are so alive and beautiful, happy. TY 

Birds are dying everywhere. Even where I live I don't see many birds anymore these days. In the US and Canada the situation seems to be very serious. The media says that there are now 3 billion fewer birds than in 1970s. That is almost a third of birds is gone. 

North America has lost 3 billion birds in 50 years

https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/2019/09/19/north-america-has-lost-billion-birds-years/

Edited by Bek

15 hours ago, Dove said:

How is it possible that the most intellectual creature to ever walk the planet Earth is destroying its only home?

Because there is a far more intellectual creature on Earth that takes great joy in influencing people to destroy their only home, since it was given to them by the Creator whom he despises.