JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 602 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

10 minutes ago, Qapla said:

My LDC number is the same as my RBC number was ...

The first 4 numbers are your date of baptism....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 8 months later...

I'm glad the LDC Safety Newsletters have been moved to BA, it's so much easier for everyone in LDC to access them. I was recently told that a lot of the LDC information will be moved into BA or jw.org soon.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 7:52 PM, Bro Richard said:

I'm glad the LDC Safety Newsletters have been moved to BA, it's so much easier for everyone in LDC to access them. I was recently told that a lot of the LDC information will be moved into BA or jw.org soon.

From  the Congregation Secretary he advised us servants to log in to jw.org to see the changes and they are as you state. Very Nice update!!

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

My Online Applications still says the Congregation Secretary needs to link it before I can use an online application. 

Any exemplary baptized publishers who
wish to submit applications for special privileges of service can create a jw account.Ask your congregation secretary for the instructions

Enviado desde mi ZUK Z2131 mediante Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Jf800 said:

Any exemplary baptized publishers who
wish to submit applications for special privileges of service can create a jw account.Ask your congregation secretary for the instructions

Enviado desde mi ZUK Z2131 mediante Tapatalk

I believe I was reading something about about the new documents/forms a few days ago. I belive it is under:

CONGREGATION PERSONS FEATURE

in S-135 form. I think.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

The S-131 form has the instructions downunder.

I have my applications in my page. And I have submitted my form. And it shows up in my history list...

But my wife does not have even an 'Applications' section.

Hence my question: Has any 'publisher' been able to submit a form?

or has this only been enabled for appointed brothers?

Perhaps a 'Secretary' could let me know if a 'publisher' has been verified and 'joined' to the cong domain => that enabled online applications to be lodged for that 'publisher'.

TIA

Just Older

I would guess paragraphs 6-8 of s-135 form needs to be followed. If the congregation service committee meets and approves an exemplary publisher access ( they would have access to My profile and my applications features on the website), they can do so or a form printed out (s-131) and filled out and given back to the elders.

Did everyone get the Announcement (S-147) for this week?  Does it have anything to add to this discussion?

FOR THE CONGREGATION  (January 2020)

1. New Online Application Features: As announced at the annual meeting on October 5, 2019, new jw.org features will now be made available to exemplary baptized publishers who wish to submit applications for special privileges of service.

Use of these online features is now the primary means to submit applications for regular pioneer service, assisting with theocratic construction projects or disaster relief, Bethel service, and attending the School for Kingdom Evangelizers. If publishers wish to submit one of these applications or update the information on an application that has already been submitted, they should approach the congregation secretary for further direction. Such updated information could include contact information, skills, availability, or languages spoken. Where possible, it is preferred that publishers who have access to the Internet use the online application features.

However, publishers may still apply using printed applications if they choose to do so. Publishers who previously submitted a Local Design/Construction Volunteer Application (DC-50) and who still desire to make themselves available for local theocratic construction projects or disaster relief are required to reapply by March 31, 2020, using the new online features or, if that is not possible, using a printed application.

EDIT:  I forgot there was an accompanying instruction for the local Secretary (or other elders) to verify the new arrangement and records in January.  So if this has not been done yet (this is only the 3rd), the new online arrangement will not work.  More to come.

Edited by jwhess

It seems were discussing the same topic from a different perspective (from your announcement letter and the 2 documents on jw.org) detailing the arrangement.

It would seem that the congregation service committee has more work to be done.

I wish my Monday meeting had that info, it was still December at that time. Maybe they announce it on Monday. 

Thank you AH173 and JWhess for your posts.

This is what I am trying to achieve for my wife. My 'Application' form has been lodged online, but not that of my (Reg Pio) wife...

No 'Application' section is visible, so I am wondering if it is actually working for 'publishers'.

Have any 'Secretaries' actually seen a publisher lodge a DC-50 'on-line'? If so, then I will continue to try resolve this problem. If no one has yet actually seen one go through for a publisher, then I will assume it is not functional just yet, and wait some more...

Ty

Thanks all.

Just Older

Some clarifications

S-131 & S-135 are Instructions

S-205,DC - 50, A-19, A-8,G-8 are some of the forms visible in my profile (none visible in my wife's log-in)

39 minutes ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

Thank you AH173 and JWhess for your posts.

This is what I am trying to achieve for my wife. My 'Application' form has been lodged online, but not that of my (Reg Pio) wife...

No 'Application' section is visible, so I am wondering if it is actually working for 'publishers'.

Have any 'Secretaries' actually seen a publisher lodge a DC-50 'on-line'? If so, then I will continue to try resolve this problem. If no one has yet actually seen one go through for a publisher, then I will assume it is not functional just yet, and wait some more...

Ty

Thanks all.

Just Older emoji3073.png

Some clarifications

S-131 & S-135 are Instructions

S-205,DC - 50, A-19, A-8,G-8 are some of the forms visible in my profile (none visible in my wife's log-in)

I am secretary and we have some dc-50 online already.  You have to wait your secretary links the user’s account to the matching person record.

10 hours ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

Thanks for that. These are 'publishers' right, not any appointed brothers...

Just Older emoji3073.png

Br. tony, the linking" of forms, publishers, Congregations and  Branch domains is (or can be) difficult or frustrating at times.  And then there are the human elements.  My daughter is a reg pioneer and already linked to the congregation, but could not get her DC-50 to link yo the Branch after many attempts by the Secretary and the COBE.  In the end, after 3 months of trying, we discovered that someone entered her last name with incorrect spelling on the Branch end (they reversed 2 letters) so no link was possible.  So it was solved eventually.  In my wife's case (not a pioneer), it took a few attempts to match the congregation verification to the Branch records.  It worked on the 4th or 5th attempt.

Until the new "online" system is effective in January, I would keep working with the congregation secretary and keep trying.

14 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Br. tony, the linking" of forms, publishers, Congregations and  Branch domains is (or can be) difficult or frustrating at times.  And then there are the human elements.  My daughter is a reg pioneer and already linked to the congregation, but could not get her DC-50 to link yo the Branch after many attempts by the Secretary and the COBE.  In the end, after 3 months of trying, we discovered that someone entered her last name with incorrect spelling on the Branch end (they reversed 2 letters) so no link was possible.  So it was solved eventually.  In my wife's case (not a pioneer), it took a few attempts to match the congregation verification to the Branch records.  It worked on the 4th or 5th attempt.

Until the new "online" system is effective in January, I would keep working with the congregation secretary and keep trying.

The same here. But we have learned. After two attempts we call the brach and always get skillful help.

:offtopic: 

I use "Dark Mode" and this is what I see because the text is not "normal" text ...

image.png.0077d66297b12a4d1fa062bf239ce87b.png

In order to read the post I have to "highlight" the post to make the text visible: 

image.png.c2b30596c805000588ad49e1ca661e4b.png

Pasting as "plain text" or using the default text for the forum would keep this from happening

OK - Back On Topic:

I have to check with our BOE to get my account fixed. Since Jan 2 this is what I get

image.png.0000354593c9eed6af413b7761957f50.png

I was able to login on Dec 30 - I can still access my Builder Assistant Account :shrugs: 

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Finally got my account linked ...again...under the new system and new secretary 

logged in and have a separate tab for BUildersAssist

also have a much more detailed profile page with contact info (primary and secondary)

languages spoken and different levels of language skill

photos ... passport and full body photo

it indicates that different applications can have different requirements 

so far so good

Follow up

Got an email and text for Bahamas Relief .......

so lesson learned.......make sure your BA is updated and accessible ASAP 

On 1/3/2020 at 7:38 PM, AH173 said:

I wish my Monday meeting had that info, it was still December at that time. Maybe they announce it on Monday. 

The announcement was read last night. 

Just curious if anyone knows what  a “data entry” task for the maintenance program would consist of?  I may end up doing some of that. I was told it would be an ongoing thing. How much time does it usually entail?  The brother mentioned it is to help the operating committee. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)