JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 603 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

A brother in our Hall just had the Fall Protection class yesterday - they had theirs in a KH. They had removed some ceiling tiles so they could do the "hanging there" training that John described. He said it was a very good experience.

I was at a different Hall to teach "Furniture Maintenance Training". We had 16 different classes going at the same time including vacuums, appliances, electrical, plumbing, irrigation, driveway and sidewalks, doors and a few others - even "regulatory and compliance" where they reviewed the Congregation paperwork to make sure all the legal documents were in order.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 months later...

I'm thinking of buying my own fall protection harness for some scheduled work on the AH in May. 

Does anyone have any reccomendations for a specific brand?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

I'm thinking of buying my own fall protection harness for some scheduled work on the AH in May. 

Does anyone have any reccomendations for a specific brand?

are you looking affordable....seldom used...highly used....toolbelt included?

top brands are DBI SALA and Miller....but they can be expensive...maybe Guardian

I prefer leg straps(belt buckle style - over the loop closures...easier and more comfortable

....if you're just wanting your own for seldom use --- try amazon - look for new

Falltech makes them in the $30-50 range and they hold up well

avoid the chinese and no name versions

I just went through the fall protection training and they use Falltech I believe.

Or some such spelling. If you search the net I think you'll find it then look to Amazon to purchase it. Much cheaper I hear.

Edited by Mybrick

20 minutes ago, DarinS said:

are you looking affordable....seldom used...highly used....toolbelt included?

top brands are DBI SALA and Miller....but they can be expensive...maybe Guardian

I prefer leg straps(belt buckle style - over the loop closures...easier and more comfortable

....if you're just wanting your own for seldom use --- try amazon - look for new

Falltech makes them in the $30-50 range and they hold up well

avoid the chinese and no name versions

Br. Darin, I agree about the leg straps with belt buckles.  The twist-lock loop closures are hard to attach when you are putting them on and they tend to hurt against my leg.  If you are just going to use them occasionally, buy a less expensive set.  They do have date codes that must be updated.  If you buy an expensive set ($400) and then only use them once or twice before re-certification (another expense), it becomes impractical.

If you are going to use the harness regularly, then buy the best you can afford.  There are attachments available with hooks and snaps and accessory tools that are great.  Make sure your LDC "fall protection" training is up-to-date and certified.

On 3/28/2019 at 1:29 AM, Tortuga said:

The ones with buckles are the most comfortable? 

Absolutely and and elder should be able to get the jwpub file of the DC-82 for you also (not everyone has access to the BA site).

4 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Absolutely and and elder should be able to get the jwpub file of the DC-82 for you also (not everyone has access to the BA site).

I have access and I installed the DC-82. I don't usually go into BA because I accept the BA invitations by email, however I wanted to update my profile skills and I saw the DC-82 was available. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I have been trying to get on the BA site due to having our remodel project very soon. I’ve had to enlist help from an elder but he and his wife won’t be back (snowbirds) for a couple weeks yet. 

Anxious to get back on projects. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

9 hours ago, Tortuga said:

The DC-82 is now available as a JWPUB on BA.

And once opened - it will be in JWL under the Manuals and Guidelines  section of Publications

Edited by Qapla

2 hours ago, Loopy said:

I have been trying to get on the BA site due to having our remodel project very soon. I’ve had to enlist help from an elder but he and his wife won’t be back (snowbirds) for a couple weeks yet.  Anxious to get back on projects. 

Sr. Linda, are you unable to get in to the BA account because your DC-50 form has expired (or never entered)?  Or are you have computer difficulties that prevent access?  Maybe we can help.

ps: if it is a problem with the DC-50....it is very important to get that entered as soon as possible.

25 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Sr. Linda, are you unable to get in to the BA account because your DC-50 form has expired (or never entered)?  Or are you have computer difficulties that prevent access?  Maybe we can help.

ps: if it is a problem with the DC-50....it is very important to get that entered as soon as possible.

Well, that DC-50 thing might be the problem. I haven’t gone on site since the RBC changed. That could be the problem. Thank you. I’ll email the brother and check with him.

YES!!! I’ve got only till the end of May when we start tearing the KH apart. And time is fast approaching.

The brother I’m checking with is our congregation secretary.

O thank you Br. John. Thank you indeed!!!

Edited by Loopy

27 minutes ago, Loopy said:

Well, that DC-50 thing might be the problem. I haven’t gone on site since the RBC changed. That could be the problem. Thank you. I’ll email the brother and check with him.

YES!!! I’ve got only till the end of May when we start tearing the KH apart. And time is fast approaching.

The brother I’m checking with is our congregation secretary.

O thank you Br. John. Thank you indeed!!!

You definitely need your DC-50 turned in.

I think you need an logon with JW.Org, I'm not sure if its required but I remember that it gets linked with your BA account. There is a code that your Secretary may ask you for.

If you had a BA account with RBC, he may be able to reactivate your account and update it to LDC.

Be sure and update your skills in BA ASAP.

Building demolition is a high risk task and they will use trained volunteers so make sure your water fowl are in an upright and linear position ASAP. In other words, get your ducks in a row quick!

Edited by Tortuga

Yes, I have an account with JW.org.

I put that user name + jwpub.org.   For the user name in the BA site

and than the password for the jw.org site in as well. But it denies it.

O well, I sent it to the brother. 

16 minutes ago, Loopy said:

Yes, I have an account with JW.org.

I put that user name + jwpub.org.   For the user name in the BA site

and than the password for the jw.org site in as well. But it denies it.

O well, I sent it to the brother. 

My wife had the same issue. The brother had reactivated her RBC account and it had an old password,  she couldn't remember the RBC account password so the brothers suggested that she use the Forgot Password and it gave her a temporary password to open BA. The first time BA opened it linked to the JW.ORG account and now her jw.org password will open BA.

Your Congregation Secretary also has to add you to the Congregation Domain ... this is one of the reasons a jw.org account is needed.

On 4/4/2019 at 6:01 AM, jwhess said:

But you can find DC-82 with google.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwje24Tb4rnhAhUHblAKHa3ZDU8QFjAAegQIABAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fhelp.ba.jw.org%2Fassets%2FDC-82%2FDC-82-X-Ge.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0wgwxl4sK0zA_z5jGFbGo_

https://help.ba.jw.org/assets/DC-82/DC-82-E.pdf

Edited by The German

Second Link added

On 4/4/2019 at 6:05 AM, Qapla said:

And once opened - it will be in JWL under the Manuals and Guidelines  section of Publications

okay I found it... but I cannot open it in JWL... it doesn't show up in the Manuals and Guidelines  :(

I'm on a Samsung tablet

2 hours ago, Hope said:

okay I found it... but I cannot open it in JWL... it doesn't show up in the Manuals and Guidelines  :(

I'm on a Samsung tablet

The stock file manager on my Samsung wouldn't associate the jwpub extension with the JWL app, so I installed a file manager called ES File Explorer and when I open a jwpub with ES File Explorer it will open JWL and install the jwpub file.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2019 at 11:03 AM, jwhess said:

I contacted our congregation secretary and he helped me get the DC-50 online! That was totally unexpected. 

I’m almost done with it. 

Got another question for you friends. 😁 

Where it asks for the LDC volunteer number?  Would that be the same as my RBC volunteer number or will it be a new one?

Thank you again.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)