JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 603 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

4 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

Just curious if anyone knows what  a “data entry” task for the maintenance program would consist of?  I may end up doing some of that. I was told it would be an ongoing thing. How much time does it usually entail?  The brother mentioned it is to help the operating committee. 

We usually have 2-3 sisters @ HOT trainings days that enter the TASK Card changes and JHA changes on a laptop

they also do some behind the scenes stuff - email trainers - provide ‘trainer reminder for work day’, send copies of existing JHA and tasks

They also record left over ‘to-do’ lists, add names of publishers who have been trained in that task and who might be a good lead for that skillset

my wife called it ‘basic secretarial’ .... nothing to indepth

of course it can vary

Our HOT days have been the same as what Darin described

Although, it is my understanding that the HOT training days will come to completion by the end of March.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 1/3/2020 at 4:42 PM, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

No 'Application' section is visible, so I am wondering if it is actually working for 'publishers'.

The My Applications section on jw.org is now linked to my BA account and I was able to resubmit my DC-50.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Thanks to everyone for the tips and techniques... It showed up, then disappeared, then we we re-did everything... On the 3rd time, it seems to have sorted itself out.

It lost the password...

Used 3 different ID keys generated on the bottom.

Tested my patience. Glad for all those that helped me...

(Gotta love computers and the 12 million lines of code....)

Now that it seems stable, just got to try and actually 'Apply'...

Just Older

I just resubmitted my DC-50 as instructed and I got a little lost in the process.  Half way thru the application it left the application and went to the skills section in my jw.org profile. It did not go back to the application after I completed the skill assessments. When I went back into the My Applications it showed that I still needed to complete the application so I did..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 1 month later...

I received several notices reminding me of the deadline of March 31, 2020 for the new application.  Today I went to sign in to Builders Assistant and it said I was denied access until I renewed the DC-50 (this is only Feb 12th).  I just finished my latest assignment as the Prof Trade Overseer and I wanted to update the assessments on those that worked on my crew.  Now I am not allowed in.  So I redid the DC-50 and now they say I will have to wait on the Secretary to submit the application and it will take some time.

I guess I will have to wait...❤️

I redid my DC-50 a couple of weeks ago, however my wife's JW account wouldn't link. It was just fixed today. 👍🏼

• 1 month later...

News Flash:

LDC had been put on hold worldwide until September 1st.

(I expect that the core team members will make their sites secure and locked down until further instructions are received. In the mean time I expect the core members will be reassigned to other tasks as are available under local lockdown laws.)

Old (Downunder) Tone

29 minutes ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

News Flash:

LDC had been put on hold worldwide until September 1st.

(I expect that the core team members will make their sites secure and locked down until further instructions are received. In the mean time I expect the core members will be reassigned to other tasks as are available under local lockdown laws.)

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

That happened here several weeks ago. All LDC projects were shut down including the regular maintenance at the Assembly Halls. The LDC couples that are housed at the AH are doing the scheduled maintenance.

As Richard mentions ... not only Maintenance but also ongoing projects were told to ‘wrap it up’

in Bahamas there was an evacuation of the 70+ still there - primarily on Abaco

almost all LDC folks with assignments were sent notices of cancelation until further notice

even the leftover local KH HOT and Maint ‘projects’ were cancelled

from a secular standpoint all permits were on hold in many parts of the US

no new permits given

most inspections were cancelled

most construction businesses were closed

most supply houses were shut....decreased staff drastically or moved to delivery only

secular authorities in many areas notified builders that they had until Date XX to stop work....

complete or not

so use this time for home maintenance

and spiritual building...lol......need lots of time to ‘catch Up’ on past videos and releases

hope you had a GREAT Memorial

15 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

That happened here several weeks ago. All LDC projects were shut down including the regular maintenance at the Assembly Halls. The LDC couples that are housed at the AH are doing the scheduled maintenance.

The Assembly Hall Overseer has set up a weekly Zoom Staff meeting with the Maintenance department heads, assistants and office support to review the Task cards and risk rank them. The on-site staff and LDC couples are doing the high priority task cards to maintain the building and grounds.

One of our Elders is the small engine mechanic for DBAH. 

He is still catching up on machines that need repair. He does not have to come in contact with anyone, He has his own key to the tool shop. The AH manager just emails a list of work needed and he goes and does it. He is finally getting caught up on all the work needed since no one is breaking anything.

The Maintenance Trainers in our area managed to wrap up all the HOT days just before the program was halted.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

10 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

The Assembly Hall Overseer has set up a weekly Zoom Staff meeting with the Maintenance department heads, assistants and office support to review the Task cards and risk rank them. The on-site staff and LDC couples are doing the high priority task cards to maintain the building and grounds.

A young couple went to Patterson a couple of months ago to work on the plumbing and piping upgrades. They joined the Zoom meeting to tell us there is a limited amount of work being done,  she is on a plumbing and piping installation crew, he is a secretary to one of the overseers..👍🏻😁

We received direction earlier this week that everything is on hold until at least September 1. All projects that were in progress shut down in March or as quickly as possible, and were "demobilized" LDC is still working, but a lot of the work in in the phase 1-3 process. If it involves anything to do with a physical site, then it isn't happening. This includes investigative visits. Many of the field reps are doing other work related to the outbreak. AH and KHs are pretty much on lockdown. Social distancing is still in effect, and only the staff living at the AH is able to do anything. That is the news from here. 

I should add, we have a lot friends who are CGs and they all are sheltering in place. Here, we can't really even go into a KH building, period. So, we wait to see what happens in the future and keep working during these trying times under different arrangements. 

7 hours ago, Old said:

CGs ? If your aren't registered in the LDC can you still get tthe secret handshake?

Only WDC get the secret handshake and code book.

BTW: Who told you about the secret handshake?  😎

• 3 months later...

Australia news:
All LDC and BCS servants received a letter/update this week. 
All projects remain suspended and stay on-hold till 1 Jan 2021 when they will be reviewed (with the exception of the works at Sydney Bethel). 
Servants will now either be going into ISO/Quarantine to join the Sydney Bethel project, or return to their congregation.
Many of the servants have been on hold since the works were suspended/shut-down earlier this year.
Some have already been absorbed into the Sydney project bubble, with strict contact perimeters. This new change will address the remaining Building Construction Servants (BCS). 

In Angola we received a letter 2 weeks ago that every projects will be on hold at least till 1 November 2020.

After that or just before that date new update will be provided.

Till now Bethel, Field Rep, AHs and all CGs still in lockdown also...

Glad to hear you have updates also

We had an LDC meeting this week also

the LDC personnel are offering small zoom meetings to help friends update their BA of JW.org

(BA - Builders Assist - was migrated from a dedicated site to the JW.org site)

the skills/experience/certifications were NOT migrated - so you needed to move that manually

originally we were asked to do that by March 2020 --- due to the pandemic - they extended the deadline

also you could have many skills listed in the older BA app - but less categories/subcategories

the newer system only allowed us to add 20 'skills' - that was recently modified to 30 'skills'

but many many category/subcategories have been added - and we have been encouraged to 'streamline"

also told not to use the OTHER subcategory - which is a change for us from instructions back in Jan/Feb 2020

the brother mentioned that although most site have been shutdown - the LDC works continues in the background

- a very few small select assignments have been handed out - usually those would be maintenance type emergencies - like fix the roof 

but he reminded us that a LARGE amount of work goes into a KH build or remodel and all of that work is normally 'behind the scenes'

- and still able to be done from offices of LDC folks - so Design - estimating - planning - product review - permitting - purchasing - plan review

most of that is part of the 'Build process' but not the 'Construction phase"

here in So Florida - we have some CG overseers/assistants/wives staying/living @ the Assembly hall - they are doing maintenance - 

since the normal crew isn't allowed onsite

saw a video of the CGO doing lawn work and catching an iguana and joking that he was going to BBQ it - they are eaten by some in this area....

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)