JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

(Singer) Prince dies at 57

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2886 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Oh yes! We are definitely "Beautiful, Loved, and Blessed" indeed! I'm thinking how the world is mourning Prince, and rightly so as well as the friends who knew him. 

But we, thanks to Jehovah, know that it's not over! Yes, we, including all those who turn to Jehovah can and have that wonderful hope of seeing our brother again! 

Past Thursday while out in service, I was thinking of that very fact, watching the people as they played his music and  it made me feel very good! 

Isn't Jehovah wonderful? To give us such a future! 

And as was said here, imagine...Bro. Prince and King David together, playing praises to Jehovah! Awesome! 

5 hours ago, ouzo said:

I really wanna see David playing electric guitar! :lol:

Or maybe Prince playing the instruments from David's time :thumbsup:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

7 hours ago, Hope said:

Beautiful article, Sister Hope.  Best one I've read yet.  Thanks for sharing! ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I think the article in the LATimes was the best, their quotes were accurate and they explained terms that we use that wouldn't be familiar to the average person, plus the journalist gave members of that congregation a chance to clear up some erroneous reporting.  They gave a nice picture of what our meetings are like too.

I learned from another article that Br. Nelson's mother was studying before she died!  how wonderful! I'm sure that gave Br. Nelson  great piece of mind when she passed that he may not of had otherwise.  

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Does anyone know if Prince's sister is a JW?  The one article I read that talked about her just said that she became a devout Christian in 2008 and her and Prince's relationship got better after that (she was a drug user and ended up in rehab before this).  

Edited by shali

Hmmm, the fact Bro. Nelson's mother studied might have been an encouragement for him to begin studying in the first place. And I hope her brother's death will be the encouragement for his sister to begin studying.

Some might say/feel that such isn't a good reason to want to learn about Jehovah. I say...why not? For faith is based on knowledge. You have to know Jehovah, just like knowing anyone else, in order to trust /have faith in that person. 

1 minute ago, Luezette said:

Hmmm, the fact Bro. Nelson's mother studied might have been an encouragement for him to begin studying in the first place. And I hope her brother's death will be the encouragement for his sister to begin studying.

Some might say/feel that such isn't a good reason to want to learn about Jehovah. I say...why not? For faith is based on knowledge. You have to know Jehovah, just like knowing anyone else, in order to trust /have faith in that person. 

He was either already studying or baptized at the time his mother died.  The only other person in the room with him when she passed was a brother from the Liasion Committee who was also in his congregation.

Anyway, today in service I got a little annoyed with two of the friends. Why? Because they were talking about our Bro. Prince, but in a negative way as in rumors.

One said that the media got in touch with the society and asked a brother about our Bro. Prince. The reply from a brother from the society, according to the brother relating this to the media to find out if Bro. Prince was indeed one of Jehovah's Witnesses was "he was." 

It was at that exact point, in words, that I got annoyed (to put it mildly). They (him and a sister), kept on talking negatively and I had to tell them that I know "for a fact" that Prince was in good standing. And no, I didn't mention I got information from this site for I felt that would have started or opened a can of worms. So I basically said point blank that I'm not going to listen to such talk about my brother!

Miraculously, all of a sudden the subject was changed. 

52 minutes ago, shali said:

Does anyone know if Prince's sister is a JW?  The one article I read that talked about her just said that she became a devout Christian in 2008 and her and Prince's relationship got better after that (she was a drug user and ended up in rehab before this).  

I just realized that she probably is NOT a witness because if she was, she wouldn't of had the type of Memorial she had for him. (They gathered at pasley Park and told stories about him and listened to his music.)

12 minutes ago, Luezette said:

Anyway, today in service I got a little annoyed with two of the friends. Why? Because they were talking about our Bro. Prince, but in a negative way as in rumors.

One said that the media got in touch with the society and asked a brother about our Bro. Prince. The reply from a brother from the society, according to the brother relating this to the media to find out if Bro. Prince was indeed one of Jehovah's Witnesses was "he was." 

It was at that exact point, in words, that I got annoyed (to put it mildly). They (him and a sister), kept on talking negatively and I had to tell them that I know "for a fact" that Prince was in good standing. And no, I didn't mention I got information from this site for I felt that would have started or opened a can of worms. So I basically said point blank that I'm not going to listen to such talk about my brother!

Miraculously, all of a sudden the subject was changed. 

This quote from the Branch has been in several media reports.

“We are saddened to hear about the death of Prince Rogers Nelson, who was baptized as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in 2003,” a church spokesperson, David A. Semonian, said in a statement obtained by PEOPLE.

Semonian said that Prince “found fulfillment as a Witness and in sharing his faith with others.”

The statement continued:

“We do not have any details regarding his medical condition or the cause of his death. Our thoughts are with his family and friends, particularly his fellow worshippers in the Saint Louis Park congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Minnesota. We hope that all find comfort in the Bible’s promise of a future time when death, pain, and tears will be no more.—Revelation 21:3, 4.”

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Thank you Richard. And it says nothing about the branch saying to the media that  Bro. Prince "used to be" one of Jehovah's witnesses. 

Well anyway, I'm going to say nothing else about this here or even to the friends. If and when negative talk begins about Bro. Prince  in my presence, I'll just move or walk away that's all. I can't say/do anything else if the conversation isn't mine....maybe (I'm being honest).

1 hour ago, Luezette said:

Thank you Richard. And it says nothing about the branch saying to the media that  Bro. Prince "used to be" one of Jehovah's witnesses. 

Some people seem to seek out fault in cases like this. There was a similar rumor going around when the press release of brother Guy Pierce's death said "Mr. Pierce"...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2886 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.