JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:54 PM, Qapla said:

Jonathan - I had the same issue at last weeks MWM

I didn't operate console at Sunday's meeting so didn't get to try it again

And it is at the midweek meeting that we want to be able to show the pictures from the study bible.  I've reported the bug, so hopefully a fix will be ready soon and we can show them at the meeting.

Another strange bug with the study bible showed up this week.  Click on meetings.  Scroll down the Treasures talk, are click on the link for Matt 18: 6, 7 nwtsty.  Scroll down to the pictures.  Click on the Millstone picture with the donkey , nothing happens.  Click on the other millstone picture, and it shows it.

55 minutes ago, Jonathan77 said:

And it is at the midweek meeting that we want to be able to show the pictures from the study bible.  I've reported the bug, so hopefully a fix will be ready soon and we can show them at the meeting.

Another strange bug with the study bible showed up this week.  Click on meetings.  Scroll down the Treasures talk, are click on the link for Matt 18: 6, 7 nwtsty.  Scroll down to the pictures.  Click on the Millstone picture with the donkey , nothing happens.  Click on the other millstone picture, and it shows it.

Also It doesn't show the study notes for vs 7.

"It's a good day to be alive and serve the True God, Jehovah." 

Bugs can be reported here

https://www.formstack.com/forms/watchtower-jw_library

I feel it is important to report bugs, otherwise how will they know there is one.  You can do the all-house testing you want, but as with most software, it is when it is released to the real-world that the bugs show up.  When they know about, how to replicate the situation, then they can try to fix it.

Reporting bugs is an important part of improving the overall experience for everyone. It helps to make sure that you report things effectively.  

Make sure to:

• Write using complete sentences, using proper terms if possible.
  • Document what you were trying to do when the error occurred.
  • Tell what you expected to happen vs what actually happened.
  • Describe the problem using only facts. Don't speculate on what you think the problem is.
  • If it is an reoccurring issue, document steps to reproduce the problem.
  • Don't guess. iOS 11 is less helpful than iOS 11.3.2

And always remember these are our Brothers and we should show them loving kindness in our words and attitudes no matter how frustrated we may be.

I have a minor annoyance when using JW Library on my Android tablet. I have never heard anyone else comment this, so I guess it has something to do with this brand.

I add a study note. I type a title and a text. Whatever. Then I click on tags and choose one of the tags I have created. No matter if I click inside or outside the note, the tag disappears. I need to edit that note, select the tag again, and then it remains.

Have you ever had something like this happen?

2 hours ago, carlos said:

I have a minor annoyance when using JW Library on my Android tablet. I have never heard anyone else comment this, so I guess it has something to do with this brand.

I add a study note. I type a title and a text. Whatever. Then I click on tags and choose one of the tags I have created. No matter if I click inside or outside the note, the tag disappears. I need to edit that note, select the tag again, and then it remains.

Have you ever had something like this happen?

Using tags have been glitchy for me too.  I just try to remember what tags I have and go with that.  I have about 260 tags... I don't know if that means I am organized or out of control.  :D  

Just got a new update on my Android tablet to version 10.2.21409

See search suggestions from the Glossary and Research Guide, in addition to those from the Insight book

Fixed several bugs including some that were causing the app to crash

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 2/28/2018 at 7:42 PM, njwinans said:

Using tags have been glitchy for me too.  I just try to remember what tags I have and go with that.  I have about 260 tags... I don't know if that means I am organized or out of control.  :D  

Whoa. 260 tags?! I’m impressed! :D That means you have at least that many notes, but likely many more.

I only have 46 tags, for now. But, I do spend some time trying to categorize them.

What helps me is using multiple tags to narrow down the subject matter.

I think combining tags helps in reusing them and cutting down on overall number.

A few examples I have:

Spirituality, Conduct

God’s Will & Purpose, Requirements

God’s Will & Purpose, Prayer

God’s Will & Purpose, Kingdom

Endurance, Stumbling

Endurance, Persecution

Alternative Translation, Divine Name

Alternative Translation, Prayer

Refinement, Endurance

Refinement, Celebrations

Refinement, Organization

Gems

Gems, Prophecy

Organization, Faithful and Discreet Slave

Great Tribulation, Protection (from guess where?! :raspberry:)

Edited by digital_dreamer

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

1 hour ago, digital_dreamer said:

Whoa. 260 tags?! I’m impressed! :D That means you have at least that many notes, but likely many more.

I only have 46 tags, for now. But, I do spend some time trying to categorize them.

What helps me is using multiple tags to narrow down the subject matter.

I think combining tags helps in reusing them and cutting down on overall number.

A few examples I have:

Spirituality, Conduct

God’s Will & Purpose, Requirements

God’s Will & Purpose, Prayer

God’s Will & Purpose, Kingdom

Endurance, Stumbling

Endurance, Persecution

Alternative Translation, Divine Name

Alternative Translation, Prayer

Refinement, Endurance

Refinement, Celebrations

Refinement, Organization

Gems

Gems, Prophecy

Organization, Faithful and Discreet Slave

Great Tribulation, Protection (from guess where?! :raspberry:)

If you don't mind I'll use some of those.  :)  

260 tags also means that I am not as organized as I'd  like to be but it does mean I can find something specific (I hope).  :D  

5 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

10.3 is now available for iOS. When viewing a picture or video in the Study Bible, you can now see all other items from the same book along the bottom of the screen.

It is also updated in Windows and in Android (as of today)....:)

After update 10.3 (Android and Windows) i have the same problem (French version) :confused:

Don’t forget to report your errors to the developers.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 2 weeks later...

Android just updated from 10.3.21753 to 10.3.22288

"Fixed several bugs including some that were causing the app to crash"

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~