JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

My Android was updated too. I had noticed that the Study Bible icon would still show the cloud even after the Bible was installed. I hope this update corrects the problem.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

My JW Library app updated today (on my Ipad).  it says it is mostly "bug-fixes".

Did you mean you got an ios update? I got an ios update last week, but cannot find a JWlibrary update on the App Store. :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, Old said:

Did you mean you got an ios update? I got an ios update last week, but cannot find a JWlibrary update on the App Store. :)

It’s an update to JWLibrary.

036B55C8-48FB-46EE-9F45-B9AB509C6D0F.jpeg.73b3af4983a02f5153a003e6dd8dd90b.jpeg

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

We had this issue at our KH this week on the Windows version (Latest)

The brother conducting the Cong Bible Study asked whether we could play the silent video called Approaching the Entrance to Herod's Temple in the 

Media Library for Luke.

It kept on crashing\closing the Library App every time. Until we connected to WiFi.

I tested this on other Windows devices (Laptop and Tablet) and if you try to play a Video from the Study Edition's Media Libraries without being connected to WiFi the App crashes.

So Media Library is only for streaming, but at least the app should not crash.

Has anyone noticed possible text missing from a gem in the nwtsty?

Luke 1:32

Jehovah God

...A vellum leaf dated to the third century C.E. containing a portion of the Septuagint translation of Genesis (Papyrus Oxyrhynchus vii. 1007) renders the divine name in the expression “Jehovah God” at Ge 2:8, 18, not by Kyʹri·os, but by an abbreviation of the Tetragrammaton in the form of a doubling of the Hebrew letter yod written as .

Note the ending of the paragraph where it appears a version of the letter yod is missing. Is this the case in your copy of nwtsty? Figured it may be a font display issue, as it may be using a special character set.

I’m using iOS 11.2.1 on a iPad Pro. I wonder if the problem exists on Android.

I’ve already filed a report on this, although I’m sure I’m not the first.

Edited by digital_dreamer

Added report info

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

17 minutes ago, digital_dreamer said:

Has anyone noticed possible text missing from a gem in the nwtsty?

Luke 1:32

Note the ending of the paragraph where it appears a version of the letter yod is missing. Is this the case in your copy of nwtsty? Figured it may be a font display issue, as it may be using a special character set.

I’m using iOS 11.2.1 on a iPad Pro. I wonder if the problem exists on Android.

I’ve already filed a report on this, although I’m sure I’m not the first.

Android

Screenshot_2018-01-02-10-17-22.thumb.png.56c83926769dd5d67ccf68768d934f9a.png

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

We also have Luke 1:46

My soul magnifies Jehovah

At Ps 69:13, 30, 31, this fragment renders the divine name using, not Kyʹri·os, but the Tetragrammaton written in archaic Hebrew characters ( or ).

These will all be fixed in short time.

But, what a treasure trove the Study Edition is! I especially love the inclusion of God’s personal name here in Luke chapter 1 and the reasons for doing so – 16 times just in this chapter alone.

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

As with the iOS,  future versions of the Windows edition will require the Anniversary Update.

The question is why?  Is there a new feature that needs the newer OS, and what is that feature? or just phasing out support for older OS's?

The difference is that this will mean some older iPhones and iPads wont be able to use the next JW Library if they can't get iOS9, but for Windows users, if you have Windows 10, then most likely you can update to the latest, and probably already have the AU update at least.

I went to play downloaded videos for our mid-week meeting. None will play since the latest JW Library App update..it says to connect to the internet! None of my videos will play except on my phone! It must be streaming those...This is true for our Samsung tablets not online! Anyone else having this issue?

Screenshot_2018-01-04-13-58-51-1.png

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

9 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

I went to play downloaded videos for our mid-week meeting. None will play since the latest JW Library App update..it says to connect to the internet! None of my videos will play except on my phone! It must be streaming those...This is true for our Samsung tablets not online! Anyone else having this issue?

Screenshot_2018-01-04-13-58-51-1.png

Yes. I'm having the same problem on my Samsung Note 4 too.

Even after downloading the video, it still requires an internet connection to play the "Introduction to Matthew" video.

7 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

Yes. I'm having the same problem on my Samsung Note 4 too.

Even after downloading the video, it still requires an internet connection to play the "Introduction to Matthew" video.

Oh...mine too...

10 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

I put my Android phone in Airplane mode and I had the same problem. The latest update for JWL is 10.1.19383.

I used the JWL Online Form to report the bug..

7 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I put my Android phone in Airplane mode and I had the same problem. The latest update for JWL is 10.1.19383.

Thank you Richard!!!!!:ecstatic:

cat2_e0.gif

9 hours ago, Tortuga said:

FYI:

If you use an Android tablet in service to show videos, you might want to see if your tablet will still play videos without wifi before you go out...:scared:

48 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

FYI:

If you use an Android tablet in service to show videos, you might want to see if your tablet will still play videos without wifi before you go out...:scared:

I thought about that also..One could use a smartphone as a hotspot..

cat2_e0.gif

6 hours ago, jwhess said:

The latest update is #10.1.19517

It does indeed restore the video function offline.

If anyone could please send me via PM a link to download the APK file of this version 10.1.19517  file name  "org.jw.jwlibrary.mobile-10.1-19517.apk"

My Google Play store is not working on my phone and I don't have the time right now to reset to factory settings.  Thank you

2 hours ago, luisenriquereyes said:

If anyone could please send me via PM a link to download the APK file of this version 10.1.19517  file name  "org.jw.jwlibrary.mobile-10.1-19517.apk"

My Google Play store is not working on my phone and I don't have the time right now to reset to factory settings.  Thank you

Have you tried to google: JW Library Google Play Store? It took me to our apps..Also, you can try tapping the google play app at the bottom of the JW.org page..Just a thought..:lol:

cat2_e0.gif

• 2 weeks later...