JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Mine works on my Android tablet. Check to see if the Study Bible has an update.

He’s right. The links to the bible books subheadings are null on iOS.

Also, there are videos available on JW.org describing how to use the study bible in JW Library.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

If you click on an icon for scripture cross references, a little icon with a quotation mark inside a circle will indicate if the verse you are research is quoting from this scripture. A circle with two lines inside indicates if it’s a parallel account.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I like the new Glossary too...

Indeed. The recently added Glossary has some additions compared to the printed version. It will accompany the Study Bible quite well. It also refers back to the Study Bible,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

The update went well on my windows 10 laptop except my audio and video files are also missing. The folder path is the same and new videos download to the same folder (Jwlibrary) in my video folder and they show up in the "downloaded" list. But the videos that were already in that folder before the update are not listed.

Edited by Musky

Typo

4 minutes ago, GrumpysWife said:

On my Samsung Tab A It's perfect! :wub:

Me too! Just helped a sister buy an 8"Tab A at Sam's Club...while getting her warranty, Don wandered back to the tablets and they had just discounted the tablets to $118!! So I got one too!! Been busy..not only setting up 2 tablets, but installing this update!!:D

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I noticed a slight difference from the phone versus the tablet version.

Screenshot_20171213-150156.thumb.png.93b8d88b503a9e39ed0408278dc08180.png

The phone version doesn't show the headphone symbol and the diamond symbol - like the tablet version does.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

6 hours ago, Thesauron said:

If you click on an icon for scripture cross references, a little icon with a quotation mark inside a circle will indicate if the verse you are research is quoting from this scripture. A circle with two lines inside indicates if it’s a parallel account.

Can you show a screen shot of this, Johan?  Is this iphone or ipad?

I’ve had one crash and difficulty adding a new tag to an existing note in Bible. I had to add it in Personal Study.

I hope I don’t lose all my videos because I’ve downloaded everything! Mostly 240p but still 45GB.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Weird -- Both my phone and tablet are Samsung Android.  My tablet is older and it is installing the Study Edition as I'm writing this, but no Glossary.  My phone is the Galaxy 7 and only shows the Glossary as available for download - no Bible.  :unsure:

What gives?  :( 

Just now, Hope said:

Weird -- Both my phone and tablet are Samsung Android.  My tablet is older and it is installing the Study Edition as I'm writing this, but no Glossary.  My phone is the Galaxy 7 and only shows the Glossary as available for download - no Bible.  :unsure:

Did you update JWL on the Galaxy 7?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Did you update JWL on the Galaxy 7?

Yes - updated both.  I've got the Glossary for the Galaxy, I've got the Bible for the tablet.  :(

It's not entirely *awful* because I use my tablet for study and I'd rather have the new Bible over the Glossary.  But I just find it strange that I'm not seeing both available for update of both devices.  I re-started both of them.

My phone didn't change the wording from Ministry to Teaching Toolbox, either... but the three-year old tablet did.  Very curious...

Edited by Hope

Even before the update my wife told me that about 45 morning worship videos had disappeared!  She has had a project ngoing of listening to them all again and making notes from them.

Maybe it was a case of making space?

I did not have the Glossary until I looked in Publications and saw it was there under Books, and I had to download it. Now it links from the Bible.

41 minutes ago, Hope said:

The Glossary has appeared for my tablet, so that device is now complete.  My phone hasn't received the Bible, yet... :wacko:

51 minutes ago, Hope said:

The Glossary has appeared for my tablet, so that device is now complete.  My phone hasn't received the Bible, yet... :wacko:

Is it a Russian phone? :whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, trottigy said:

I noticed a slight difference from the phone versus the tablet version.

The phone version doesn't show the headphone symbol and the diamond symbol - like the tablet version does.

That is what my phone,  a Samsung S6 Active, is doing. 

I'm thinking I did everything I needed to do, crossed all the 'Ts', dotted all the 'I's', checked all the boxes, I don't know what else,  if anything,  I need to do. 

I don't show the Appendix C either. .. 

19 hours ago, Hope said:

How is it going now Sis. Uani? With your phone?

My phone and tablet have both been saying I don't have enough room to update apps or install.  I deleted some things that I really don't know if I needed to keep on  my phone and it let me update my JW app plus a few more apps. Now my tablet is another issue, I just don't know if I can or cannot delete stuff some things or what to :confused: delete!  I'll have to wait to buy an SD card with more space so thats not a fix right now.   I'm just sick of it.  :confused: 

Edited by Life4u

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

24 minutes ago, Life4u said:

How is it going now Sis. Uani? With your phone?

My phone and tablet have both been saying I don't have enough room to update apps or install.  I deleted some things that I really don't know if I needed to keep on  my phone and it let me update my JW app plus a few more apps. Now my tablet is another issue, I just don't know if I can or cannot delete stuff some things or what to :confused: delete!  I'll have to wait to buy an SD card with more space so thats not a fix right now.   I'm just sick of it.  :confused: 

If your tablet is an Android, go into "settings" and tap on "storage" and clear the cache and "misc files". I did this for my wife's Samsung Galaxy tab and if freed up almost 2 GBS! Later, when you can add an SD card, you can go through your list of applications and move the ones that will allow you to the SD card. Also, move all your media files to the SD card and set JW Library to download to the SD card from then on. 

Edited by Musky