JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

On 11/28/2017 at 8:47 PM, GrumpysWife said:

I am waiting for Armageddon. I hate this system. :angry:

Same here!! :angry:

6 hours ago, AH173 said:

This is what I do also. I'm loving it! ☺ 

Interesting. Will try it out too.

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

Some good suggestions here but I think it would be difficult to implement a ‘merge highlights/notes’ feature. All sorts of clashes would be possible.

Regarding disturbing meetings:

An elder recounted how his phone went off (Star Trek ringtone!) just as the prayer was about to start. He handed the phone to his daughter and said “Quick!!!” She ran out with it in a panic.

My iPhone will still give audio alarms that have been set even with the phone on silent and Do Not Disturb activated. I suppose this is expected behaviour.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

9 minutes ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

An elder recounted how his phone went off (Star Trek ringtone!) just as the prayer was about to start. He handed the phone to his daughter and said “Quick!!!” She ran out with it in a panic.

So, she was a device transporter...

:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Apple actually makes it pretty simple ( don’t know about other OS ) to sync note systems. I use a couple such as Bear, GoodNotes and even Apple’s built in notes allow for syncing across multiple devices. iBooks also allows instant cross-device syncing of highlights and notes in .epub files. Syncing data through iCloud is a pretty common app function. 

Edited by Brother Arellano

4 hours ago, Brother Arellano said:

Apple actually makes it pretty simple ( don’t know about other OS ) to sync note systems.

Br. Steven, I think the main problem is many of us do not use just ONE operating system on all of our devices.  We might have an Android cell-phone, a Windows desktop PC and an Apple tablet.  The problem grows when our different devices have different apps for tasks (like note-taking).

On 11/29/2017 at 12:31 AM, Brother Arellano said:

This is true of iOS and macOS as well. Which is why it always grabs me that the Brothers use such simple iOS version numbers.

As an example the iOS version of Google Chrome is 62.0.3202.70.

It's optional. 
For instance, Apple released apps with simple version numbers (macOS High Sierra version is 10.13.1). They are the good example to do the same.

6 hours ago, Brother Arellano said:

Apple actually makes it pretty simple ( don’t know about other OS ) to sync note systems. I use a couple such as Bear, GoodNotes and even Apple’s built in notes allow for syncing across multiple devices. iBooks also allows instant cross-device syncing of highlights and notes in .epub files. Syncing data through iCloud is a pretty common app function. 

Steven, I'm with you on this one. 
It's pretty easy to implement. However, I guess, maybe there were some architecture issues or that feature is developing now. I suppose, the second one :)

Edited by Lemuil

Thanks Johan,  I understand now. I am hoping we have update 8 in the next few days 

Maybe it will be released with the December broadcast. :D

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

• 2 weeks later...

Update on JWLibrary on iOS.

Sorry, wrong thread!

Edited by ChrisTheConfused

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

There is an Android update to Version 10.0.18563

It has the Study Bible

and

A section that says "Teaching Toolbox"

Also, In the table of Bible books, there are now little headphones for any of the books that have the audio available :thumbsup:

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

There is an Android update to Version 10.0.18563

It has the Study Bible

and

A section that says "Teaching Toolbox"

Also, In the table of Bible books, there are now little headphones for any of the books that have the audio available :thumbsup:

That’s very useful. Along with little diamonds/gems for books with Study material available.(The gospels so far.)

We have Appendix C. The Index has 2 categories instead of 4.

Very nice update!

w00t! This is great!

I see there is an option to switch from Study pane to translations pane in pop-up menu.

(For some reason I can’t post an image from my Dropbox account.)

Although the non-Study Edition is removed from the translations pane, it is still listed as one of the translations downloaded. Is it safe to delete it or is it being used for the Study Edition? Anyone know?

Edit:

There appears to be a bug in Appendix C2 and C3. All references to verses to “Where the Name Jehovah” appears and does not appear in “Direct or Indirect Quotations” are null. In programming parlance, nothing is there — blank.

Edited by digital_dreamer

Added bug

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

9 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

no update for iPad. :(

My iPad didn’t update immediately either.

Since this is a very recently released update, you’ll have to force the iPad to check for the update.

Go in the App Store, select Updates from bottom menu. Then, drag entire screen down to force a check. Should take a few seconds.

Regarding the Appendix bugs: I see that any references to other Appendixes are also null.

Edited by digital_dreamer

Bug update.

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

1 minute ago, digital_dreamer said:

My iPad didn’t update immediately either.

Since this is a very recently released update, you’ll have to force the iPad to check for the update.

Go in the App Store, select Updates from bottom menu. Then, drag entire screen down to force a check. Should take a few seconds.

It worked! thanks

Updating now...... :ecstatic:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 hours ago, digital_dreamer said:

Edit:

There appears to be a bug in Appendix C2 and C3. All references to verses to “Where the Name Jehovah” appears and does not appear in “Direct or Indirect Quotations” are null. In programming parlance, nothing is there — blank.

Mine works on my Android tablet. Check to see if the Study Bible has an update.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Another new feature is the the Bible homepage now indicates which bible books have audio recordings. Books with study notes are indicated with a diamond. When you open he study bible, an icon will indicate that you can close the study pane, and a diamond icon that you can open the study pane.

Also, I wonder how many will accidentally click start the videos on the study note pane during meetings.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”