JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

1 hour ago, Musky said:

If your tablet is an Android, go into "settings" and tap on "storage" and clear the cache and "misc files". I did this for my wife's Samsung Galaxy tab and if freed up almost 2 GBS! Later, when you can add an SD card, you can go through your list of applications and move the ones that will allow you to the SD card. Also, move all your media files to the SD card and set JW Library to download to the SD card from then on. 

Thanks Bro., I did the cache and it only changed numbers. Did it do what it was suppose to?  I too did what you said for miscellaneous files and it say's 676 mb, the amount of storage available.  Is that what it was suppose to do too? Thanks for everything, you were are a big big help! 

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

1 minute ago, Miss Bea said:

I surrendered. When I was going to get a 64 gig iPad, a sister tod me I could get a 128 for an extra $100. I bit the bullet and did it. I just checked. Used 46 gigs, so far. My poor little phone, another story. 

Sad to say Miss Bea, mine too. :D

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

2 hours ago, Musky said:

If your tablet is an Android, go into "settings" and tap on "storage" and clear the cache and "misc files". I did this for my wife's Samsung Galaxy tab and if freed up almost 2 GBS! Later, when you can add an SD card, you can go through your list of applications and move the ones that will allow you to the SD card. Also, move all your media files to the SD card and set JW Library to download to the SD card from then on. 

I regularly clear the cache..but what are "Misc. files"? Also, I pick up storage by deleting unneeded text messages (especially photos) on my phone. Also, clear data from browsers and delete history pages.:lol:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 phone, 32gb but with no external storage facility so I only keep the things I need for the ministry on there.  My tablet is a Samsung Tab3 with 16gb internal and 128gb SD card so I don't have any storage problems.

The glossary arrived on my tablet a few days ago but I still have no study bible.  :(

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

For those with SD cards remember that when your OS does an update all your apps will revert back to the internal storage and you will have to move them back to external storage again. On Android anyway.  Don't know about the i stuff.  
Those with iStuff can't use SD card... Poor them :)

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

The glossary arrived on my tablet a few days ago but I still have no study bible.  :(

Have you tapped the language button and made sure it's downloaded in English ?...

I didn't review this thread,  I don't know if you already did that. 

No offense intended.  

14 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Have you tapped the language button and made sure it's downloaded in English ?...

I didn't review this thread,  I don't know if you already did that. 

No offense intended.  

No offense taken .. because I'm so thick I have no idea what you mean. :lol:  The glossary is in English but I still have no study bible. :'(   

Edited by GeordieGirl

10 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

No offense taken .. because I'm so thick I have no idea what you mean. :lol:  The glossary is in English but I still have no study bible. :'(   

What is your JWL app version number?

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 12/12/2017 at 9:37 PM, Qapla said:

There is an Android update to Version 10.0.18563

It has the Study Bible

and

A section that says "Teaching Toolbox"

Also, In the table of Bible books, there are now little headphones for any of the books that have the audio available :thumbsup:

...bump...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

You need to update the app. The Study Bible is available after you update.

Thank you Richard.  I'm updating now.  Fow some reason I thought the app updated when I pull down the screen to update the latemedia etc.,  but that doesn't make any sense does it.

Again thank you.  

I have it. :D :kiss:

So excited now. :) Off to explore. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

6 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

The Gospel accounts have the most content. Look at the media Gallery, select an image and then click the gem..

We had a problem playing videos at the meeting after the app update.  They would play if played from the Media/Downloaded tab, but not from the Meetings/Show Media tab.  I had to delete the video (which didn't actually remove it from the hard drive) and then re-download.  Should have check before the meeting, but I did afterward, and had to do it with all 151 song videos.

Something I noticed with this latest update

Before, at least on our PC at the Hall, when we clicked on an image to display on the TV's, the image would also display on the PC that has the app. This is not unusual, as it does the same thing when we play a video. However, the difference was, when we displayed an image, there was no way to reduce it or move it so we could still see the article, like the WT lesson, the image was being used in.

The videos had a "down arrow" (well, they actually use the "V")in the upper left that allowed us to minimize the video to a "status bar" at the bottom of the app and we could still see/use the app. The static images did not have this. They covered the other information on the screen and stayed that way until we closed them

However, the static images now have the "down arrow" the same as the videos :thumbsup:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I just noticed an issue on my iPhone with the app update. If I try and open a scripture in any article, or look at a footnote or reference to a scripture from the Bible tab, it just goes black. Anything that would appear in the right study pane of my iPad, won't open on my phone, just goes black.
Anyone else have that issue?

6 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

Thanks.  Hadn't noticed that one.  So this means you can show an image, minimize it on the app, and the click on another image without having to close the first image.  So on the display screens, it seamlessly goes from one image to the another.

Yes!

That is exactly it.

Before, you had to close the open image, thus displaying the text again, before the next image could be displayed. Now, you can click on the next image, if you have multiple images for the same paragraph (like in yesterday's WT lesson)  and it will seamlessly display the  next image without displaying the text again while you select the new image to display.

You can still, when there is a need to, close the image and allow the text to be displayed while additional material is discussed before the next image is needed.

The minimizing also allows the computer operator to click on and read a scripture reference while the image is displayed instead of needing an additional source to read the scripture.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

6 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Before, you had to close the open image, thus displaying the text again, before the next image could be displayed. Now, you can click on the next image, if you have multiple images for the same paragraph (like in yesterday's WT lesson)  and it will seamlessly display the  next image without displaying the text again while you select the new image to display.

The brothers at our KH are discussing replacing the current iMac with a PC so we can use JWL. I'm interested in learning more about how JWL works. One brother that had used JWL at another KH said they would have several windows open at the same time. Are you able to have JWL open in multiple windows?

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

The brothers at our KH are discussing replacing the current iMac with a PC so we can use JWL. I'm interested in learning more about how JWL works. One brother that had used JWL at another KH said they would have several windows open at the same time. Are you able to have JWL open in multiple windows?

I'm in Canada, and I would assume it would be the same throughout...but using a PC with Windows 10 and the JWL app is the direction from the society that we've received. We were formerly using soundbox, but made the switch per the societies direction. When set up properly for dual screens, the year text is up automatically when the App is opened, and in the 'meetings' tab on the left, songs, videos and picture media is very easy to do even for our less comfortable or experienced brothers on the mixer/computer.

Multiple windows? I'm not sure if you meant the 2 screen setup (computer & monitors)? We can also minimize the JWL app and open other windows or applications without affecting the text or media on the monitors.  Then use the VLC viewer for media outside of the JWL app, like when brother has pictures for a talk he's giving...