JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Examining the Scriptures Daily - 2018

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2379 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Thanks Brother Michael, that is interesting. 

I also notice that the Bible Reading Schedule for 2018 takes us from Matthew to Acts, this will allow for a more detailed study than previously, in 2013 we covered from Matthew to Revelation.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

13 minutes ago, Chris7 said:

Thanks Brother Michael, that is interesting. 

I also notice that the Bible Reading Schedule for 2018 takes us from Matthew to Acts, this will allow for a more detailed study than previously, in 2013 we covered from Matthew to Revelation.

Agree. Most weeks are only 1 or 2 chapters.

Edited by mserskine

It gives me great pleasure to know that a whole year will be dedicated to learning about Jesus. How he imitated Jehovah, his personality, his teachings, his interactions with humans, his mercy, his humility, his earthly family, Jehovah's support for him during his ministry and in the final days/hours before he died.....indeed, just as John was inspired to write:

John 21:25 There are also, in fact, many other things that Jesus did, which if ever they were written in full detail, I suppose the world itself could not contain the scrolls written.

Edited by Skye

Looking ahead that means we will have more time for the rest of the Greek Scriptures.  I have always felt that we rush through that part of the bible.  So much is contained in the letters from Paul and the others.  And this year we can take a more in depth study into the Gospels and Acts.

And with our new change in the ministry, this is going to be great.  More than a coincidence I think.

This coupled with the points from the AM, really makes me think that the GB expects something big to happen in maybe the next 2 to 3 years. (that's just my personal opinion so please don't quote me on that). I think the current meeting format also allows for much deeper study of each week's reading. (which is good!) but also with us covering the Greek scriptures over two to three years, It could also be a timing thing, that our consideration of various passages of the Greek scriptures will overlap with whatever the situation is at that time. again its purely speculation on my part. But its not completely unfounded....

On 10/10/2017 at 8:15 AM, Dages said:

I do too definitely expect something to happen in the next 2 years.

Yup, exactly 2 years from now in October 2019, it will be exactly 100 years since October 1919...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Yup, exactly 2 years from now in October 2019, it will be exactly 100 years since October 1919...:lol1:

You're on top of it as always, Br. Richard.  I can fill in the few missing pieces....105 years from 1914, 101 years from 1918, 97 years from 1922, 44 years from 1975 and (of course) 19 years from Y2K...:D

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I can see you have very nearly, wait for it, twenty twenty vision.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

My own personal speculation on why the weekly Bible reading has been reduced from covering the full Greek Scriptures in a year to covering only the Gospels and Acts this year is that the Bible reading will include study notes. So while we in the congregation study less material, the brothers in the Writing Department have time to work on releasing further books of the Study Bible. In line with this educated guessing, I'm sure we'll get Acts released probably a month before we start studying it at the midweek meeting, and Romans by late 2018. And obviously, the Study Bible will also be translated in further languages as time allows. The study notes we will be considering at the  meetings are translated in the MWB reference sheet. From translating a few to translating all of them there's a small step in my opinion. At least when it comes to major languages ;)

With all the changes going on I feel as though Jehovah is gently nudging the GB in the way they should lead us. Less printing of magazines, no yearbook... Maybe our future is paperless. Oh! Maybe with an encrypted JW app during the last days, if our publications are confiscated. That would be awesome.

I feel bad for many of us creatures of habit, at the pace we are going. We need to keep up with Jehovah's organization and hold on tight!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ArthurW said:

My own personal speculation on why the weekly Bible reading has been reduced from covering the full Greek Scriptures in a year to covering only the Gospels and Acts this year is that the Bible reading will include study notes. So while we in the congregation study less material, the brothers in the Writing Department have time to work on releasing further books of the Study Bible. In line with this educated guessing, I'm sure we'll get Acts released probably a month before we start studying it at the midweek meeting, and Romans by late 2018. And obviously, the Study Bible will also be translated in further languages as time allows. The study notes we will be considering at the  meetings are translated in the MWB reference sheet. From translating a few to translating all of them there's a small step in my opinion. At least when it comes to major languages ;)

Soooo, would that mean by the time we get to Revelations that we get a new Revelation Book!!!!!!   Woohoo!!! 

2 hours ago, lovejoypeace said:

With all the changes going on I feel as though Jehovah is gently nudging the GB in the way they should lead us. Less printing of magazines, no yearbook... Maybe our future is paperless. Oh! Maybe with an encrypted JW app during the last days, if our publications are confiscated. That would be awesome.

I feel bad for many of us creatures of habit, at the pace we are going. We need to keep up with Jehovah's organization and hold on tight!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Unlocked by saying Shibʹbo·leth correctly.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

3 hours ago, lovejoypeace said:

Maybe with an encrypted JW app

If a government bans our literature from being distributed, the app will vanish from the app store.  This already happens in China.  Apple and Amazon devices are the worst for this (only way to get around the code signing is to jailbreak), and Google devices are not much easier.