JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A Survey . . . Relaxation

I'm interested and curious to know what this international forum can share on the topic of relaxation / stress relief.  In just a word or two, what works for you?  To get this primed, I'm listing as many as I can think of. Can anyone add to the list?  Please do. Here goes . .

Aromatherapy

Bath oils

Body wash

Candles

Music

Painting on canvas

Gardening

Massage

Acupressure

Acupuncture

Eye pillow

Long walks

Horseback riding

Weightlifting

Aerobics

Golf

Wine / alcohol

Salt water flotation

Sensory-Deprivation chamber

P.S. - I'm not recommending all of the above. Just wondering what sort of things I haven't thought of.

Going camping

Trekking..Trekking..Trekking

Taking pictures at sunset

Observing and taking pictures of animals

Watching kangaroos boxing

Watching and listening to birds (mainly parrots)

Taking portrait photos

Sauna

Getting new lens or camera ...:bouncing:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Working. ..

It used to be very relaxing to fabricate structural steel and then put it together on a jobsite. Steel don't care. ..you can hit it as hard as you want,  it doesn't matter. 

I always found that hard manual labor relaxed me..but, that was then..

Nowadays I sit on the back deck and shoot my airguns.  You need to have everything relaxed to make a good shot,  can't have the coffee jitters,  no thumping heart, just nice and calm and squeeeeze....very relaxing. 

On 4/9/2018 at 1:13 AM, Stormswift said:

Reading

Puzzles

Aromatherapy/massage (to others)

Playing piano

Gardening

Cooking curries

carving gourds

sleeping

jwtalk

Kool... you carve gourds. I have done gourd pyrography. I still jave a bunch of gourds that need cleaned that I grew several years ago. 

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

• 1 month later...

Singing.

The shower hates it. Brings me endless joy.

Honestly, photography. It makes you stop, look and observe the world around us. There's not many things that make us stop and look in this system. How often are photos taken of people, nature, sunsets etc. Its grounding. Especially in the artificial world Satan has us living in.

5 hours ago, Mini said:

Singing.

The shower hates it. Brings me endless joy.

Honestly, photography. It makes you stop, look and observe the world around us. There's not many things that make us stop and look in this system. How often are photos taken of people, nature, sunsets etc. Its grounding. Especially in the artificial world Satan has us living in.

Where are you located in Victoria Joel, I am in Glen Iris.

2 hours ago, ivy said:

Sleeping

Eating

Decluttering

Massage/ Spa

Facial Mask

Listening to Music

Coffee/ Tea

hmmm...sleeping on top of the list? ......:whistling:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)