JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Has anyone ever met other members on here irl?

I'm related to two members and I have met several members. My brother (tekmantwo) and I are meeting Carlos for dinner tonight.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

actually I have known for over 40 years
loopy and friends just csll me Ross. Ross asked me to sign up... Both Sisters are awesome

I'm curious to know. Any on here friend irl or even in relationships?  I just thought it would be an interesting discussion. I'm friends with one member outside the forum, but I haven't officially met them yet in person.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Yuppers! Bagwell1987 is one of my best buds, flew out to see her last year! Other sisters I have talked to on the phone. Pink Popcorn who retired from here several years ago, I have know for over 30 years and got to see her again last December when I went to Florida. It had been many years since I'd seen her and it was just like old times. For some reason I can't think of the member name of the others I have come to be "real" friends with.

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

Met PinkPopcorn a few years ago. Phone friends with some others on here and discovered I'm related by marriage to another member. Also one of my sons served in Bethel with another member. Small world. I met Carlos & Finny a couple of weeks ago. We had a nice visit. Grumpy cooked for them. 

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I nearly met Stormswift - waved from the balcony of the cruise ship in Wellington, and I have met Geordiegirl and we regularly have catchups, plus  brother William when travelling through Singapore.  Was a real treat!

But I keep missing Greg when I'm in Melbourne - can't seem to see him on the Metro carts 😪

1 minute ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I nearly met Stormswift - waved from the balcony of the cruise ship in Wellington, and I have met Geordiegirl and we regularly have catchups, plus  brother William when travelling through Singapore.  Was a real treat!

But I keep missing Greg when I'm in Melbourne - can't seem to see him on the Metro carts 😪

What? You never seen banners on the buses and trains saying to meet GREG go this way? LOL :lol1:

When are u in Melbourne next time? I am away from mid August to Mid September .... 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Dalbyj said:

Mandi 'Stormswift' is my big sister - not a blood relation but since I have lost both my siblings to the world, I tend to choose my siblings from my spiritual brothers and sisters. She introduced me to this site!

Dalbyj is my dallyballybee ... my lil sis (spiritual sis) ... we get together whenever we can - which should be more ... dearly love her she has been faithful through many trials. Being in NZ we a bit isolated -Hatcheckgirl is on my list to meet before the NS, next time I'm hoping to be more successful!! Reckon we would make good neighbours for Gregexplore and Mrs Greg one day. 

Lots on my list to meet. And, perhpas there's one or two from NZ I could end up meeting at our Convention - who knows?

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

What? You never seen banners on the buses and trains saying to meet GREG go this way? LOL :lol1:

When are u in Melbourne next time? I am away from mid August to Mid September .... 

Yeah she saw them, but they were poorly made and the G had dropped off, and she didnt know any Reg's so she went on by.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Does irl mean 'in real life'?

I want to meet this dude and ALL his family. (Tim, Denise Mrs Tort and their sister too! as well as the rest)

(Dude being the name of the sea tortoise in Finding Nemo).

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I'm related to two members and I have met several members. My brother (tekmantwo) and I are meeting Carlos for dinner tonight.

Could you ask Carlos about fridge magnets please!!

18 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Dalbyj is my dallyballybee ... my lil sis (spiritual sis) ... we get together whenever we can - which should be more ... dearly love her she has been faithful through many trials. Being in NZ we a bit isolated -Hatcheckgirl is on my list to meet before the NS, next time I'm hoping to be more successful!! Reckon we would make good neighbours for Gregexplore and Mrs Greg one day. 

Lots on my list to meet. And, perhpas there's one or two from NZ I could end up meeting at our Convention - who knows?

Yeah she saw them, but they were poorly made and the G had dropped off, and she didnt know any Reg's so she went on by.

Oh and you are definitely the only person in the whole world who is allowed to call me dallyballybee!

3 hours ago, Stormswift said:

I want to meet this dude and ALL his family. (Tim, Denise Mrs Tort and their sister too! as well as the rest)

(Dude being the name of the sea tortoise in Finding Nemo).

We had dinner with carlos and finny tonight. It was me and Denise, Richard and Linda,and our younger sister Rosellen...

Carlos showed us a few pictures. We got to see trottigy and Deb, we saw Vernalee and Grumpy, we had a pretty good time. 

I think next time we do something like that it would work better on a Sunday.  After pushing hard to get the invitation done and then trying to get everything done Thursday night,  Denise and I were pretty tired after the session.  I  would have loved to have hung out with them longer but I knew I was gonna be blasted tired..

So what do I do? Get home and open jwtalks....lol.

We became friends with Trottigy (Jerry) and Deb when they came to visit Alaska. He was born in Fairbanks at the military base here so he wanted to come and see. We had a wonderful visit and it was like we had been lifelong friends. That's the way with all the Witnesses.....we're long lost family!!! 

I have talked to Brandon, Mountain Man and Brother Arellano on a voice chat. We also text chat along with Cerebral Ecstacy, EccentricM, rlyem, Skyelr and a couple more.

Also, it seems normaclutter and I were in the same small Congregation in Florida at one time. We were not on JWTalk at that time

Additionally, another Brother and I are talking about taking a trip together. If we do, we will most likely come through New Orleans on Amtrak. We will have a layover while waiting for the next train. Who knows, if you, Katty, are near there, maybe we could meet and get a bite to eat :shrugs:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

22 hours ago, Qapla said:

I have talked to Brandon, Mountain Man and Brother Arellano on the Discord voice chat. We also text chat along with Cerebral Ecstacy, EccentricM, rlyem, Skyelr and a couple more.

Also, it seems normaclutter and I were in the same small Congregation in Florida at one time. We were not on JWTalk at that time

Additionally, another Brother and I are talking about taking a trip together. If we do, we will most likely come through New Orleans on Amtrak. We will have a layover while waiting for the next train. Who knows, if you, Katty, are near there, maybe we could meet and get a bite to eat :shrugs:

I live about an hour away from the city, but I rarely go there anymore because I don't have my own transportation right now, unfortunately

Dismal_Bliss and I are in the same circuit, so we see each other at least 3 times a year. 

I'm visiting family in Southern California at the moment, so I also had dinner with Carlos and his wife.  I also met Musky as he lives in San Diego near my fleshly sister. 

I met my wife 17 years ago on a board similar to this.  I actually met quite a few people from that board 

I got to talk to one brother and his lovely wife by video chat. They are such wonderful people that I just have to meet them in person. It will happen in the near future if all goes well. 

Seems like half the forum had dinner with Carlos and his wife. 😂 Hope everyone enjoyed themselves. 

Edited by Saffron