JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Presidential Alert

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2032 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/fema-will-test-its-presidential-alert-system-wednesday-afternoon-sending-notifications-to-almost-every-cell-phone-in-the-us/ar-BBNRi6F

The FEMA Presidential Alert system in the USA will be tested tomorrow.

I suggest that you not be driving at the time....:eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Yes, and you cannot disable Presidential Alerts like you can Amber and Weather alerts

Although ... according to the article

Last week, three New Yorkers filed a lawsuit against Trump and FEMA administrator Brock Long, claiming the alert violates the First and Fourth Amendment rights “to be free from Government-compelled listening, as well as warrantless, non-consensual trespass into and seizure of their cellular devices."

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I'd love to be on a large crowd tomorrow at test time and watch everyone stop to check their phones...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I’m planning to be in a store full of people. Just said the same to someone; interesting to hear all the phones go off. Think of all the scenarios; planes, subways, drs office, I think people will maybe just turn off the sound momentarily anticipating it. 

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 minute ago, Dove said:

I’m planning to be in a store full of people. Just said the same to someone; interesting to hear all the phones go off. Think of all the scenarios; planes, subways, drs office, I think people will maybe just turn off the sound momentarily anticipating it. 

I'd be afraid to be on the freeway at that time. I think people will instinctively reach for the phone. It will be interesting to see how many accidents occur..

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I'd be afraid to be on the freeway at that time. I think people will instinctively reach for the phone. It will be interesting to see how many accidents occur..

Yes, that’s not good. Hope not but a good thought..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

I hope the PA plays something soothing like Auld Lang Syne....😁

12 hours ago, Dove said:

Oh, okay 😶

I wasn't trying to be nosy, just thought since we were talking about this presidential alert that it was something to do with that that maybe I should do too..😄

I think this will be a good time to set the phone on mute or do not disturb to test whether or not we still hear the test. It would be good to know that we would be able to hear an actual emergency notification. 

All pins and needles here waiting for Trump's tweet. Big Brother is oh so now! :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

9 minutes ago, Old said:

All pins and needles here waiting for Trump's tweet. Big Brother is oh so now! :lol:

The FEMA PR guy should have renamed it.... 

5 minutes ago, Qapla said:

We got ours, too

Should I be worried that California got it before Florida?

Does that mean we need to be warned first because the missiles will hit California first? :eek: 

:lol1: