JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Presidential Alert

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1629 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Yes, and you cannot disable Presidential Alerts like you can Amber and Weather alerts

Although ... according to the article

Last week, three New Yorkers filed a lawsuit against Trump and FEMA administrator Brock Long, claiming the alert violates the First and Fourth Amendment rights “to be free from Government-compelled listening, as well as warrantless, non-consensual trespass into and seizure of their cellular devices."

I’m planning to be in a store full of people. Just said the same to someone; interesting to hear all the phones go off. Think of all the scenarios; planes, subways, drs office, I think people will maybe just turn off the sound momentarily anticipating it. 

1 minute ago, Dove said:

I’m planning to be in a store full of people. Just said the same to someone; interesting to hear all the phones go off. Think of all the scenarios; planes, subways, drs office, I think people will maybe just turn off the sound momentarily anticipating it. 

I'd be afraid to be on the freeway at that time. I think people will instinctively reach for the phone. It will be interesting to see how many accidents occur..

12 hours ago, Dove said:

Oh, okay 😶

I wasn't trying to be nosy, just thought since we were talking about this presidential alert that it was something to do with that that maybe I should do too..😄