JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for January 2019

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1896 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

the point is the destruction of the prostitute is the true marker from Jehovah...then the FDS can pinpoint when the prophecy about peace and security was fulfilled or under going fulfillment...

I understood that exactly as well in Br. Morris's talk. It may or may not be Jehovah's purpose to have the Governing Body announce the final Peace and Security initiative whilst in progress as the final cry, distinct from earlier attempts, such as the 1986 Year of Peace.

But, once the nations turn on Babylon at Jehovah's instigation, (Rev.17:25-27), the Governing Body and all of us will know that the preceding Peace and Security intiative (which is a human initiative, whether a single event or series of events), is the one foretold at 1 Thess 5:3. As Brother Morris said, when that happens, we won't need "a breaking news update", it will be clear what is taking place. As far as faithful servants of God are concerned, it will be that their deliverance is imminent.

Very encouraging!

14 minutes ago, rlyem said:

Can someone explain to me who is king of the south?

The one against whom the king of the north's pushing is directed. That is the USA/British world power and it's politically aligned or dominated associates.

Iam sure we will get more meat on the bones of this in the coming days.

Edited by Eoin

2 hours ago, Eoin said:

The one against whom the king of the north's pushing is directed. That is the USA/British world power and it's politically aligned or dominated associates.

Iam sure we will get more meat on the bones of this in the coming days.

I couldn’t help but to think about the “electronic espionage” clearly taking place with Russia’s alleged involvement in rigging the recent presidential election and their consistent hacking and cracking. 

That example came immediately to mind.

6 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

Am I correct on this : King of the North = Russia and King of the South = Usa/Britain aka United Nations. 

Yes but the KOTS is its own entity, the Anglo American world power. It’s a part of the UN but seen as separate in Bible prophecy. The KOTS did give breath to the United Nations, though.

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

6 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

Am I correct on this : King of the North = Russia and King of the South = Usa/Britain aka United Nations.  

I may have missed that. Morris didn't cover the KOTS, did he? I am going to replay that part. I don't think he did. I'll check...

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

I may have missed that. Morris didn't cover the KOTS, did he? I am going to replay that part. I don't think he did. I'll check...

He just talked about the pushing between Russia and the KOTS. I don’t remember him saying the United States or Britain by name.

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

1 minute ago, Bob said:

Oh yeah I got that part, my brother. I wasn't sure if he identified the KOTS. My bad for not being clear on that...

Please see my post again. I edited it :)

A couple other faith-strengthening developments:

JW Library on DVD will be integrated into the JW Library App. I've actually been waiting for this for a few years now. I am happy the have been able to do this. I don't hardly ever use my DVD like I used to. I use the app and WOL to do research.

OPI (Office of Public Information) is focusing on countering the lies of opposers and apostates. This is NEEDED nowadays. They have an effective method of doing this: Instead of arguing or debating these liars head on, they're simply disseminating facts about us directly to the people and government officials. So they're not giving the lies ANY free publicity. Hearing the facts directly from the source can have the same affect Paul had on Agrippa when he was defending himself after appealing to Cesar.

I was very pleased to hear of this initiative.

(dp chap. 14 p. 247 par. 27)
The Two Kings Change Identities

Gradually forming close ties, Britain and the United States of America became the Anglo-American World Power. Together, they came into the position of the king of the south.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101999034

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Our newer book "The pure worship book" talks about some of this in Chapter 17. Mostl in Paragraph 8 and some of the end notes.

And you are both correct, the king of the South wasn't named, I was going by past knowledge on that one. I will be researching to see if it's been updated.

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

I think it was a very enlightening talk by Bro Morris, laying out basically that we will know exactly when the GT starts,  there won't be any need to wait for confirmation from the GB, there will be no doubt....

However,  there could well be doubt regarding the saying of peace and security,  I also picked up on the fact that he didn't say a 'cry' ... my general thought for several years is that it could be continual 'saying' peace and security... who knows! 

I'm really looking forward to the concluding part of the annual meeting 😊

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

16 minutes ago, anniebea said:

I also picked up on the fact that he didn't say a 'cry' .

Quite right. 1Thess.5:3 says "saying" not crying. Bro Morris did not add a lot to what has already been said in kr Chap 21 para 2-4. But he did emphasise the deceptive nature of this initiative, or set of initiatives, and the fact that God's people are not taken in  by it. Rather than looking for it as a "sign", he showed how we may not be aware of it as the specific precursor to the destruction of Babylon until it is fulfilled or is in course of fulfilment. The initial event of the great tribulation will need no explanation as it will be self evident, then we will see how the succession of events fulfilled Jehovah's word. And that fits very well with the thrust of Paul's words in 1Thess.5:1-2, which in turn echoes what Jesus said to the apostles at Acts 1:7.

4 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

I don’t remember him saying the United States or Britain by name.

Quite right. The collapse of the Soviet Union and various morphings of policy since 1991 were developments that rather obscured the clear grasp we thought we had on the identity of the king of the north. But current events have enabled the GB  to "prayerfully" readjust our understanding on this matter, and Br Morris clarified the  application, rather like clearing the mist off our windscreens. Our thinking on who fits the "king of the south" role has not been changed as per the reference to the dp book provided out by  @Donnahttps://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101999034 para 27 particularly. However, what Bro. Morris has clearly done is to update the information found in para 21 page 279 in the dp book.

We are in good hands!  😊

13 hours ago, Bob said:

JW Library on DVD will be integrated into the JW Library App. I've actually been waiting for this for a few years now. I am happy the have been able to do this. I don't hardly ever use my DVD like I used to. I use the app and WOL to do research. 

By JW Library on DVD, did you mean rather Watchtower Library? There is no JW Library that comes on a DVD. (I think all of us get those terms mixed up.)

Personally, I never use the JW Library app anymore. But with the DVD being integrated into JW Library, maybe that will change. But for the moment I find Watchtower Library and WOL much more comprehensive. There are pluses and minuses to all of them, I suppose. Each to his own.

1 minute ago, Sheep said:

By JW Library on DVD, did you mean rather Watchtower Library? There is no JW Library that comes on a DVD. (I think all of us get those terms mixed up.)

Personally, I never use the JW Library app anymore. But with the DVD being integrated into JW Library, maybe that will change. But for the moment I find Watchtower Library and WOL much more comprehensive. There are pluses and minuses to all of them, I suppose. Each to his own.

Interesting. I never use the WOL. I use the JWL for meetings and WTLIB for research.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Personally, I never use the JW Library app anymore

Not even in meetings?

Meditating on the Bible is the best way to know Jehovah.

Meditating on his Creation, the Universe, is the 2nd best way.🌴🌎

Studying Physics is the best way to learn about his Creation.🤓

If Watchtower library is merged with JW library app, the total file size might become huge and take quite a while to download, especially in developing countries. It would also take more space on your smartphone. How big is Watchtower library? 

Edited by Bek