JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for January 2019

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1892 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

In German:

Jahresversammlung 2018
Vortrag Anthony Morris
"Jetzt ist es soweit"
(Auszug von Min. 52:20 bis 55:33)

Daniel Kapitel 11, wir lesen Vers 40, den ersten Teil: "Und in der Zeit des Endes wird sich der König des Südens mit ihm (dem König des Nordens) auf Zusammenstöße einlassen".

Die leitende Körperschaft hat unter Gebet viel über die jüngsten Entwicklungen nachgedacht. Wir wissen, dass die Sowjetunion 1991 zusammengebrochen war. Wer ist also der König des Nordens? Nachdem wir uns unter Gebet mit dieser Frage und mit dem Hinweis auf die Zusammenstöße auseinandergesetzt haben, können wir sagen, dass Russland mit seinen Verbündeten der König des Nordens ist.

Zur Begründung: Die Sowjetunion war zusammengebrochen und aus den Ruinen kam Russland mit seinen Verbündeten hervor. Und zwei Dinge wurden immer offensichtlicher.

Erstens: Russland und seine Verbündeten lassen sich auf Zusammenstöße, also auf ein Kräftemessen, mit dem König des Südens ein. Wir kommen gleich nocheinmal darauf zurück.

Zweitens: Sie gehen führend darin voran, Gottes Volk zu verfolgen.

Was gehört alles zu diesem Kräftemessen? Cyberspionage, Hackerangriffe, Handelskriege und Überfälle auf Nachbarländer. Wir kennen das aus den Schlagzeilen.

Die Frage könnte entstehen: War der König des Nordens in der Vergangenheit untätig? Das nicht. Aber wie es aussieht, hat er sich noch nie so sehr auf ein Kräftemessen mit dem König des Südens eingelassen, wie jetzt. "Jetzt ist es soweit" - jetzt sind wir uns sicher und können sagen, dass Russland und seine Verbündeten der König des Nordens ist und sich auf ein Kräftemessen einlässt. Tatsächlich hat Russland erst kürzlich das größte Militärmanöver seit den 80er Jahren, also seit Sowjetzeiten, durchgeführt und Russlands Verbündete haben an dieser Militärübung ebenfalls teilgenommen.

Wir können uns also sicher sein: Das ist der König des Nordens. Und das derzeitige Säbelrasseln gehört zu dem Kräftemessen.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1012 mit Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Bek said:

please do not post any spoilers. some of us have not watched it yet. 

Then you might want to avoid this topic for the next 6 hours or so and let everyone express themselves freely.

The video should be available on JW Broadcasting within 6 hours or so.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I've just downloaded it and watched it, it was over way to quickly and now I have to wait until next week!!

Fantastic talks, so encouraging... I love the point that we won't need a announcement that the GT has started.... we will know without doubt that,,,  This is it!!

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I enjoyed Brother Morris's reference to recognizing prophecy's fullfillment after the fact..also I don't think he mentioned "a significant cry" of "peace and security" signaling the start of the GT, but seeing one part of Satan's system turning on another part of his system as evidence of the start of the GT. Brother Morris said he did not know if the FDS would actually tell the brotherhood "this is it!" Of course the FDS, no doubt, will explain every detail of the explanation of 1 Thess. the 5th chapter at a future time! It is no wonder the preaching and teaching work is speeding up!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Brother Morris said that Peace and Security may be understood during it's fullilment or after BtG has fallen. I always belived the 2nd case would take place. Now Brother Morris says that both possiblities are well... possible.

Edited by Vasilis

Meditating on the Bible is the best way to know Jehovah.

Meditating on his Creation, the Universe, is the 2nd best way.🌴🌎

Studying Physics is the best way to learn about his Creation.🤓

Excellent 2nd part! 

That was it! (for now) 

Lol

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

https://www.jw.org/download/?pub=jwb&issue=201901&langwritten=e

This link works too.

English is up

Annual Meeting-Talks and Announcements

Looking forward to your mp3, good brother!  :D   My usb is ready  😉 

I enjoyed Brother Morris's reference to recognizing prophecy's fullfillment after the fact..also I don't think he mentioned "a significant cry" of "peace and security" signaling the start of the GT, but seeing one part of Satan's system turning on another part of his system as evidence of the start of the GT. Brother Morris said he did not know if the FDS would actually tell the brotherhood "this is it!" Of course the FDS, no doubt, will explain every detail of the explanation of 1 Thess. the 5th chapter at a future time! It is no wonder the preaching and teaching work is speeding up!
I liked when he mentioned the following :
1. We won't need "This Is IT" from FDS that GT started and
2. Stop worrying about the GT we won't be terrified but we say This Is It! Our deliverance is Here.

He didn't say near!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Spoiler

“The day the construction brothers arrived at my home, I burst into tears. I’d like to clarify that I didn’t cry because I was going to get a new house but because I saw Jehovah’s hand in my life. The transformation was not limited to my house. This experience has changed me. I’ve not only seen but also felt Jehovah’s tender care. They not only repaired our house; they also repaired our heart."

So so beautifully said.1933878752_Cryweeping.gif.d1938b0483dad43c8973a502e24b57cd.gif

Any time two or more of Jehovah's people get together, you can see and feel his love.

At one RBC project, I was working security on a hill overlooking a new Kingdom Hall build.  Over the course of time, I got to see all the work going on below and marvel at Jehovah's spirit in action.  I kept telling people that watching that beautiful building going up with all JOYFUL WILLING VOLUNTEER labor was just as miraculous as watching the Red Sea part.  

Whether it's through donations, prayers, or disaster relief work, we are truly blessed to be Jehovah's people and his fellow workers. ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I like the apparent difference (according to my understanding of the talk) between the Peace and Security thing (don't overthink it) and the Attack on BtG (YOU WILL DEFINITELY KNOW).

The peace thing is quite common, the attack on BtG isn't, it's unnatural, it will happen because of Jehovah.

Did I understand it well?

8 minutes ago, Dages said:

I like the apparent difference (according to my understanding of the talk) between the Peace and Security thing (don't overthink it) and the Attack on BtG (YOU WILL DEFINITELY KNOW).

The peace thing is quite common, the attack on BtG isn't, it's unnatural, it will happen because of Jehovah.

Did I understand it well?

Yeah he pointed out that Peace and Security is something that THEY will WANT to say/do. Which means it could happen before Jehovah's timeplan but it will absolutely happen on time. It's vague and not very specific. Maybe we will catch it before the fall of BtG, maybe will understand how it happened afterwards. Maybe it will be gradual and series of sayings which have already started.

In contrast. The destruction of the BtG will be sudden and Jehovah the Creator of the Universe will force the countries who belong in the UN (HUGE Power) to attack and destory the World Empire of False Religion (also another HUGE Power). How can we possibly miss that? Why do we need someone else to tell us?

Edited by Vasilis

Meditating on the Bible is the best way to know Jehovah.

Meditating on his Creation, the Universe, is the 2nd best way.🌴🌎

Studying Physics is the best way to learn about his Creation.🤓

25 minutes ago, Vasilis said:

Yeah he pointed out that Peace and Security is something that THEY will WANT to say/do. Which means it could happen before Jehovah's timeplan but it will absolutely happen on time. It's vague and not very specific. Maybe we will catch it before the fall of BtG, maybe will understand how it happened afterwards. Maybe it will be gradual and series of sayings which have already started.

In contrast. The destruction of the BtG will be sudden and Jehovah the Creator of the Universe will force the countries who belong in the UN (HUGE Power) to attack and destory the World Empire of False Religion (also another HUGE Power). How can we possibly miss that? Why do we need someone else to tell us?

It seems the slave wouldn’t be wise or discreet if they got on the public internet and said that the great tribulation had begun while governments are destroying false religion.

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I like the point don't get caught up on the peace and security cry by world leaders then spreading it on social media...I think that the point is the destruction of the prostitute is the true marker from Jehovah...then the FDS can pinpoint when the prophecy about peace and security was fulfilled or under going fulfillment...
Correct me if I got points mixed up...thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

re 249

34CCA786-AE31-44C7-A1B2-CFA39AAFAFBD.jpeg.77724120b142513c2f4c77e1ee12a41a.jpeg

This picture really struck me when I first saw it, bringing home the book from the Pure Language convention 1990 iirc.

Such a stark contrast between true and false worship. I had no idea 1986 was supposed to be a year of peace at the time! It shows how futile it was.

’Rattle your beads a bit louder. Maybe your gods are indisposed!’

I’m off to watch “This is it!” again.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13