JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for January 2019

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1897 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

If you have a Kindle Paperwhite or one that is just a book reader, then you have an email address that has been assigned to your Kindle. Download the Bible in a PDF format and email it to your Kindle.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

11 hours ago, AH173 said:

I feel so guilty. I had to use the restroom during Bro Splane's talk. 

Should be OK. I paused it and resumed afterwards. 

Lol 

I liked your comment before I watched the annual meeting but I’ve seen it now and now I get it :lol:

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

I love the clarification on the initial attack not being a part of the attack of Gog that was a major anouncement!

When you say initial do you mean the attack on false religion or entering the land of decoration?

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I like how the 3rd part of the annual meeting brought this out "Jehovah will put it into the hearts of the nations to empower the United Nations to attack Babylon the Great." So it sounds like the United Nations will be the one to go after False religion....hmmm..

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

2 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

When you say initial do you mean the attack on false religion or entering the land of decoration?

The Initial attack.  Evidently there must have been some measurable confusion concerning this for them to clarify this.  I know i was because of wording in certain publications.

56 minutes ago, Shawn said:

The Initial attack.  Evidently there must have been some measurable confusion concerning this for them to clarify this.  I know i was because of wording in certain publications.

lol ignore my comment 😝 never listen to the AM while working major misunderstanding. Multitasking is not one of my best qualities

I think I need to watch the annual  meeting again. I feel like "Is this really happening now?" We are being readied. At last! 

Probably If were in the new world, I would slap and tell myself. Am I dreaming?!!! Nevertheless, this is the real life that we are waiting for..... I would work harder for the kingdom because there's no limitations there anymore.. I would love to do construction and teach resurrected ones from dark ages. 

I always remember reading in the book Faith on the march by Brother Macmillan that someone once asked him why he was still one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. His answer was because He had been warning people before 1914 and then saw that prophecy he had been helping warn people about come true before his eyes.

For me it’s the act of being able to see a new part of the prophecies come true befor MY own eyes. I wasn’t around before 1914 so I have never seen something new that has happened. Great earthquakes have always been around in my lifetime, so has famine and all the rest.  

This entering the land of the decoration is a prophecy where I can say I have lived both before and now during its fulfilment. All the others were continuations of prophecies that started before my lifetime as far as I can recall. Hope that makes sense.

That for me is exciting. 

Edited by Mykyl

1 hour ago, Mykyl said:

I always remember reading in the book Faith on the march by Brother Macmillan that someone once asked him why he was still one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. His answer was because He had been warning people before 1914 and then saw that prophecy he had been helping warn people about come true before his eyes.

For me it’s the act of being able to see a new part of the prophecies come true befor MY own eyes. I wasn’t around before 1914 so I have never seen something new that has happened. Great earthquakes have always been around in my lifetime, so has famine and all the rest.  

This entering the land of the decoration is a prophecy where I can say I have lived both before and now during its fulfilment. All the others were continuations of prophecies that started before my lifetime as far as I can recall. Hope that makes sense.

That for me is exciting. 

Br. Mike,  Jesus said it all:

Luke 10:23-24…”23 With that he turned to the disciples and told them privately: “Happy are the eyes that see the things you are seeing. 24 For I say to you, many prophets and kings desired to see the things you are observing but did not see them, and to hear the things you are hearing but did not hear them.”

51 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Br. Mike,  Jesus said it all:

Luke 10:23-24…”23 With that he turned to the disciples and told them privately: “Happy are the eyes that see the things you are seeing. 24 For I say to you, many prophets and kings desired to see the things you are observing but did not see them, and to hear the things you are hearing but did not hear them.”

Yes, I’ve always applied this verse to Jehovah’s modern day people :)

7 hours ago, JennyM said:

ARE YOU READY?!!

sounds like we are being really readied...ready, get set, go...

Honestly I'm not ready... I mean ...I still need to find a place to hide my spiritual food. :secret:For the rest. ... ready! :)

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

7 hours ago, JennyM said:

ARE YOU READY?!!

sounds like we are being really readied...ready, get set, go...

I was born ready 😎

Meditating on the Bible is the best way to know Jehovah.

Meditating on his Creation, the Universe, is the 2nd best way.🌴🌎

Studying Physics is the best way to learn about his Creation.🤓

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 1:58 PM, Daniela said:

Honestly I'm not ready... I mean ...I still need to find a place to hide my spiritual food. :secret:For the rest. ... ready! :)

Yes, how would one hide electronic spiritual food?

That was point 3 of Br. Sanderson's talk.

50 minutes ago, Newtonian said:

Yes, how would one hide electronic spiritual food?

I'm wondering about this myself. I'm thinking to hide the actual device, though some mentioned hiding it on the device. I have a few old cell phones laying around, which I plan to tuck away with power cords. 

4 hours ago, Saffron said:

I'm wondering about this myself. I'm thinking to hide the actual device, though some mentioned hiding it on the device. I have a few old cell phones laying around, which I plan to tuck away with power cords. 

I have old cell phones. But are they usable? I can charge them up, but I sort of think they need to be connected to a service. If not, I’m in business. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I have old cell phones. But are they usable? I can charge them up, but I sort of think they need to be connected to a service. If not, I’m in business. 

Old phones are excellent. All you need is have the wifi on and load up the JW lib app. Keep it up-to-date. Perfect. If you have no sim card it, it will not be detected!

No service needed.

Just Older

21 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

Only need a service to use it as a phone. You can still use it for everything else, the internet, email, jw.org and jw.talks as long as you still have wi-fi..

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..