JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for January 2019

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1897 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

13 minutes ago, Bluebell said:

same understanding here......if everybody should hide their literature now...it would mean that the great Tribulation starts NOW!!!

If you are in a country that is under ban do not leave your spiritual food where it may be discovered

Yes your right. We don’t have to hide our stuff right now but he did say we must keep in mind a place where we could. Obviously that is for when that time potentially arrives for us.

Edited by Mykyl

It is wise to think of hiding places now, even for those of us who live on places where we freely worship. For now. Things can change suddenly. 

Remember that morning worship where brother Jackson gave the example ( Singapore or somewhere?) where brothers had been for many years. Then overnight they were kicked out of the country, bank accounts seized ect. They didn't even see it coming. 

Who knows where this will happen next (it was mentioned that they expect it to spread), so it is wise to think about these things before they come up, while we are not under pressure. I have my places in mind already thanks to the spoiler thread. 😊

Interesting, a while ago (after the Russia ban) I bought a heavy glass dish with an air tight clip on plastic lid from Ikea with a view to putting two old and now unused Bibles in it and burying it in the ground for future use when our ban comes. Seems like I should go dig a hole now.

IMG_0977.jpeg

IMG_0975.jpeg

13 minutes ago, BibleSteve said:

Seems like I should go dig a hole now.

Good idea! But you must be in a warm climate.  Too bad that would be difficult for those of us who live where the temps become quite frigid.  Our lows this week will be in the -0 Fahrenheit all week.  Brrrrr  Back to the drawing board.

1820E626-FCFF-49B1-9ABE-1557EAC45C52.jpeg

But now I’ve been apportioned five minutes for some concluding comments. And even though we’re overtime, I’m going to take my five minutes. I’ll probably hear about it later, though, from the Governing Body brothers. So if I leave out of here real quick after the program, you’ll know what the problem is. (M. Stephen Lett, 2018)

I dearly appreciate the humor of our dear brothers in the Governing Body!

On 1/20/2019 at 8:00 AM, Saffron said:

If you invite an American to tea, not only should you clarify the time,

On 1/20/2019 at 8:00 AM, Saffron said:

Prior to that, I thought that "tea" meant drinking actual tea. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

More like a late afternoon big snack. That way the Brits can have what to Americans ( and Canadians ) is a late supper.

48 minutes ago, booboo said:

Our lows this week will be in the -0 Fahrenheit all week.  Brrrrr  Back to the drawing board.

Our temp this morning was -23.4C  approx -10 F

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

9 hours ago, The German said:

Annual Meeting 2018—Talks and 2019 Yeartext

asl is up.

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_periodical/be/jwb_ASL_201901_04_r720P.mp4

Im having some problems here brothers, i shared the link here but some brothers are asking if this is legal since its not on the jwb site yet?

greets, I.Bosman

8 minutes ago, IliasBosman said:

Im having some problems here brothers, i shared the link here but some brothers are asking if this is legal since its not on the jwb site yet?

greets, I.Bosman

Since it is an official JW website and it is publcly available it is legal. Either way, it only lets you download videos which would be publicly available in few hours later anyway, it doesn't make any difference.

Edited by Vasilis

Meditating on the Bible is the best way to know Jehovah.

Meditating on his Creation, the Universe, is the 2nd best way.🌴🌎

Studying Physics is the best way to learn about his Creation.🤓

5 minutes ago, IliasBosman said:

greets, I.Bosman

This is the original link found on JW.ORG. It takes a while to link the hundreds of links between the video accelerator Akamainet and JW Bradcasting.
But that is a time issue and not a legal question.

5 minutes ago, IliasBosman said:

Im having some problems here brothers, i shared the link here but some brothers are asking if this is legal since its not on the jwb site yet

It is on the official website servers. The link just has not been posted to the front page yet.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Can I just say that when I get excited about something my mind goes ten to the dozen.

So im sorry for the constant posts and what has come across as constantly trying to correct folks all the time when I re read what I have typed.

I’ve calmed down now and I apologise. 

Edited by Mykyl

2 hours ago, IliasBosman said:

greets, I.Bosman

Another illustration might be "Broadcast Television".  If a program is uploaded and broadcast in one time zone but it will come on your TV until 4 hours later, it is not illegal to jump head and watch the earlier upload in another time zone and record it.  It is just a matter of time.  Once the broadcast has been sent out, it does not matter whether you get it from the air or online or through a cable company, the data has been released. The akamai  servers are used by our organization for the sole purpose of distributing the information.  We pay them for the opportunity to use their equipment to make this program possible.  Once the information is officially posted to the servers it has been "released".  We have no other purpose or connection to Akamai's  commercial servers except to distribute our media.  Just a thought...😉

Yep as I said, I figured out what you meant. That it was entirely my fault. Sorry again.
No need to apologize... I should've read more closely instead of doing the impossible for me "Walking and chewing gum at the same time"...

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/walk+and+chew+gum

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hiding literature:

It’s interesting that we live in a time when a huge amount of information can be stored on a tiny micro sd card. If only it had a screen!

I might grow a comb-over big enough to hide an old iPod touch. 

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Wow! This was a really great AM. 

The many enlightenments were welcomed for sure, especially that video about the attack of Gog and the turning on false religion. I mean, really, things like that is what really makes faith stronger because we are not fearing anything...we are really eagerly awaiting because the battle of Armageddon is really about preservation of life, not the expectation of death. 

It is a protective measure initiated by Jehovah.