JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for January 2019

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1896 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

12 minutes ago, Bek said:

If Watchtower library is merged with JW library app, the total file size might become huge and take quite a while to download, especially in developing countries. It would also take more space on your smartphone. How big is Watchtower library? 

In my phone the app it uses 50MB. Plus 1.42GB of downloaded videos and books. Total 1.48GB.

Meditating on the Bible is the best way to know Jehovah.

Meditating on his Creation, the Universe, is the 2nd best way.🌴🌎

Studying Physics is the best way to learn about his Creation.🤓

3 minutes ago, Vasilis said:

In my phone the app it uses 50MB. Plus 1.42GB of downloaded videos and books. Total 1.48GB.

I think you mean the JW library app. It is the same on my phone, but what about Watchtower Library? I don't think you can install it on an Android phone at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, Vasilis said:

He was asking about Watchtower Library, not the app.

18 minutes ago, Bek said:

If Watchtower library is merged with JW library app, the total file size might become huge and take quite a while to download, especially in developing countries. It would also take more space on your smartphone. How big is Watchtower library? 

On my laptop, the Watchtower Library DVD installation currently weighs in at 3.82 Gigabytes (4,104,899.682 bytes, 1,246 files, 438 folders). It would be guessing to say how much it would take up on a tablet or phone.

16 hours ago, rlyem said:

Can someone explain to me who is king of the south? Thanks :)

From Daniel 11:27 until 11:45 it is USA plus UK

As far as the KotN goes, it started as Germany, then USSR then Russia and it's allies.

53 minutes ago, Sheep said:

By JW Library on DVD, did you mean rather Watchtower Library? There is no JW Library that comes on a DVD. (I think all of us get those terms mixed up.) 

Personally, I never use the JW Library app anymore. But with the DVD being integrated into JW Library, maybe that will change. But for the moment I find Watchtower Library and WOL much more comprehensive. There are pluses and minuses to all of them, I suppose. Each to his own.

Wow, my brain was scrambled last night. Yes, I meant WT Lib on DVD. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Sheep said:

I enjoyed Brother Morris' reference to the magazine The World from August 30, 1914. I already posted something interesting about that in the other topic. See it here.

Yeah. These brothers are not ashamed or embarrassed of our history and the wrong expectations. They speak of them proudly because they look at it as being faithful to Jesus' commands to "keep on the watch" and to "keep in EXPECTATION of it".

Wrong or mistaken ideas are bound to happen during the course of about 140+ years.

3 hours ago, Vasilis said:

From Daniel 11:27 until 11:45 it is USA plus UK

As far as the KotN goes, it started as Germany, then USSR then Russia and it's allies.

Br. Vasilis, do you remember the chart in the Danial Prophecy book?

*** dp chap. 16 p. 284 The Contending Kings Near Their End ***

[Chart/Picture on page 284]

KotN.JPG

Edited by jwhess

4 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Br. Vasilis, do you remember the chart in the Danial Prophecy book?

*** dp chap. 16 p. 284 The Contending Kings Near Their End ***

[Chart/Picture on page 284]

KotN.JPG

I forgot about that chart. I have some personal notes in a digital document. That's really usefull.

Am I correct on this : King of the North = Russia and King of the South = Usa/Britain aka United Nations. 

King of the North: Russia and its Allies
King of the South: Anglo-American Dual World Power Britain and USA

United Nations not part of this prophecy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Bek said:

If Watchtower library is merged with JW library app, the total file size might become huge and take quite a while to download, especially in developing countries. It would also take more space on your smartphone. How big is Watchtower library? 

It's not necessary to download all the material that it will be available on JWL. In fact I think it's almost impossible. Even now I have downloaded only the necessary stuff for ministry and meetings. Otherwise the app is becoming too slow although if you have a device that accepts SD card and store there the datas.

I have an external usb hard disc. It's capacity is 120GB and in there I have downloaded all the material of tv.jw. All the videos in their best analysis are taking about 70-80GB, at the moment. 

Brother Sanderson’s talk and the videos of our Russian brothers and sisters moved me to tears. To see the support our brothers and sisters in Russia gave to the ones who were being sent to prison was just too much. Brother Sanderson wonderfully explained our clarified understanding of Daniel 11:40. I had goosebumps the whole talk!

And that video in Brother Jackson’s talk... wow. Just. Wow.