JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Special Talk 2019

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1796 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Unless your congregation has some special reason (Circuit Assembly, etc) all congregations will have the Special Talk the week before the Memorial.  For those who have Sunday meetings it is April 14, 2019.  It is the same arrangement as last year.

Edited by jwhess

On 2/19/2019 at 9:20 PM, jwhess said:

Special Talk the week before the Memorial.  For those who have Sunday meetings it is April 14, 2019

On 2/19/2019 at 8:41 PM, nicolette said:

the Special Talk (per the document) is scheduled for April 14th. No title was provided.

Thanks John and Nicolette. The theme is: “Reach Out for the Real Life!”

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

• 1 month later...

I visited a different congregation today, and I didn't realize that they have their Circuit Overseer's visit next week. That means the Special Talk was today! The theme: Reach Out for the Real Life! Of course, it's a video of someone at Bethel (Canada in my case) doing the talk. Well, I was in a French congregation today, so naturally the talk was in French. I won't give away details, except to say a video is included in it (a video within the video). It is interviews with a German sister and a Korean brother.

Well, I've decided that's all I'm going to tell you for the moment. You'll have to wait for your own talk next week!

On 2/19/2019 at 12:28 PM, timelordrocker said:

Have  anyone heard the date of this event  after the memorial 2019

Hopefully you have received an invitation by now..:)

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 3/1/2019 at 10:52 AM, Globug said:

We talked about it in service today and our special talk will be April 7th, not after as I had thought.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

We had ours today. By video a Br. John Larson from Bethel did the talk. What a great speaker. Tied everything together so well.  

We have our circuit Assembly on the 13th so we had it a week earlier as well. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

42 minutes ago, Sheep said:

I visited a different congregation today, and I didn't realize that they have their Circuit Overseer's visit next week. That means the Special Talk was today! The theme: Reach Out for the Real Life! Of course, it's a video of someone at Bethel (Canada in my case) doing the talk. Well, I was in a French congregation today, so naturally the talk was in French. I won't give away details, except to say a video is included in it (a video within the video). It is interviews with a German sister and a Korean brother.

Well, I've decided that's all I'm going to tell you for the moment. You'll have to wait for your own talk next week!

Our "Be Strong" Circuit Assembly is next weekend, so we had the Special Talk today, too.  

Whoever gives the Public Talk gives the closing prayer.  So, after the Watchtower Study, our Conductor said,

"Lets all stand and sing Song 126 'Stay Awake, Stand Firm, Grow Mighty'...then, Brother Larson will say the closing prayer."    LOLOLOL

He has such a great sense of humor!

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

3 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Our "Be Strong" Circuit Assembly is next weekend, so we had the Special Talk today, too.  

Whoever gives the Public Talk gives the closing prayer.  So, after the Watchtower Study, our Conductor said,

"Lets all stand and sing Song 126 'Stay Awake, Stand Firm, Grow Mighty'...then, Brother Larson will say the closing prayer."    LOLOLOL

Hhmm. Usually the brother who gives the public talk does the closing prayer, unless he doesn't stay for the Watchtower Study afterwards. So how did that happen in your congregation? They didn't do that in the French congregation I was in today. Your Special Talk was a prerecorded video, right? And the brother giving the talk "left" for the Watchtower Study. So how could they play a prerecorded prayer? The organization never uses prerecorded prayers! So please enlighten me on this.

23 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Huh?

YOU said "And the brother giving the talk "left" for the Watchtower Study. So how could they play a prerecorded prayer? The organization never uses prerecorded prayers! So please enlighten me on this."

Sr. Rosanne was joking (LOLOL) when she said,

"Lets all stand and sing Song 126 'Stay Awake, Stand Firm, Grow Mighty'...then, Brother Larson will say the closing prayer."  LOLOLOL

Ours was yesterday (April 7th) so now when we offer the Memorial invitation, I have to remember to leave out inviting them to the special talk.  Really wish they would of had the talk the week after the memorial instead.  The talk was definitely designed for the public in mind (encouraging for us as well, but really designed for those who are not witnesses).

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

2 hours ago, campanula said:

Did your speaker also say twice: "Who is not a baptised servant of Jehovah will not get everlasting  life!"?

Ours did.... and with a deep pause in between.... 

So if it came tomorrow and we're working towards it, we're not making it? What of others who are waiting for a convention or assembly?

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB