JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Space, Our Eternal Frontier?

17 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

I don't understand how time travel is faster. 

How does time travel get one to another planet? 

I know human might never be able to do this. That's why it's as if we are here talking about science fiction. But if it is possible that would definitely be very beneficial to send someone from one planet to another in an instant.

for example in a movie (Interstellar); in the future, a group of astronauts travels through a wormhole in order to find a new home for humans, who are struggling to maintain survival on Earth. A wormhole could connect extremely long distances such as a billion light years or more become short distances such as a few meters.

Wormholes often present in the sci-fiction movie as a method for time travel.

Right now man looks at light as the fastest speed possible - but, that is man's understanding ... that doesn't mean it is Jehovah's.

Think about the trials Job faced. When Jehovah asked Satan where he had been he said he had been to the earth. Jehovah asked him about Job. Satan received permission to test Job and proceeded to do so. All this took place in "real time". We know Jehovah and the angels do NOT reside on the earth. Wherever they live - it is NOT on this planet. Yet, they can get from there to here and back without it taking "light years" to do so.

That would seem to indicate that there is some means of travel we do not yet understand - and it far exceeds the speed of light.

Now, before we just dismiss this idea because of "realms" consider ... if light is the fastest thing there is then the fastest means of communication would be at the speed of light. So, even using some sort of "light beam" it would take man quite some time to transmit and receive an answer from a distant planet. However, when we pray, silent or aloud, Jehovah can hear us right then and He can answer us just as fast - if need be ... and if it is a silent prayer, we are communicating by a means that scientist do not understand or will even admit is possible.

So, it is possible;e that, if and when Jehovah decides, we will be able to travel in ways we have not even imagined.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

without requiring the speed of light even human at current can send electronic message to someone who live extremely far

in an instant using a device. it is called the cellular phone.

Edited by tuntun

Even a cellular phone has limits to "an instant". If you have ever used a satellite phone or spoke to someone on the other side of the earth from where you live you should have noticed the "delay" between when you stop talking and the other person starts talking.

5 hours ago, tuntun said:

without requiring the speed of light even human at current can send electronic message to someone who live extremely far

in an instant using a device. it is called the cellular phone.

Currently all energy signals are limited to the speed of light, which is 186,292 miles (300,000 km) a second. The Earth's circumferences is only 24,901 miles.  Humans have never been far enough away to notice the delay in signal except for the moon which is about 238,855 miles.

Signal delay has been quite noticeable when dealing with spacecraft that have gone to Mars, other planets, and even out of the solar system.  Those locations are so far away that it takes minutes (or hours) to send a signal one way from Earth to the space probe and then minutes for the response from the probe to return to Earth.  

off course every cell phone had this problem, even call the same person at home and then move around in the house might could give you different result

i was talking one of the miracles that revolutionized the world

how could a small thing that we can put in the pocket could connecting you with people who live very far from you, hundreds if it not thousand miles from you

especially since there is not something visible that connect you with other persons

this was never happened on human before 20th century.

sou-phone.jpg

Edited by tuntun

Those commercials always cracked me up - because ... if you have ever used a "tin can telephone" you would know two things right away that they got wrong in these ads:

1. The string has to be pulled tight for it to work
  2. If the string touches anything, it will stop working

:eek:  The tin-can-phones in these ads would NEVER work  :eek: 

12 hours ago, tuntun said:

this was never happened on human before 20th century.

*** w84 3/15 p. 26 Insight on the News ***
The 20th century “has brought in a formidable sum of human knowledge in all walks of life: science, technology, medicine, war preparations, literature, architecture, etc."

On 2/27/2019 at 8:34 PM, EccentricM said:

Well, if Adam and Eve resisted Satan's first attempt, perhaps the issue would have been solved right there? Perhaps that was the point of the tree in the first place. Who knows how long Satan was questioning Jehovah? Perhaps he said something along the lines of "put a tree they cannot have in the garden, and I shall tell them it will make them gods, and won't need you, I will prove every single human born from them is selfish and does not love you, starting with Adam and Eve."

But if that failed, perhaps the whole issue would have been dropped right there, but since Adam and Eve did sin, it opened a whole can of worms.. just an idea of a scenario on my part of course, who knows.

That is entirely possible. We really DON'T know how long Satan might have been questioning Jehovah, just waiting for the perfect opportunity to start his life-changing rebellion.

thanks for the new thought-track.

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

The Bible states that the earth will always be the home of humankind but says nothing as to the possibility of visiting other planets
If you have eternity, you can leave earth for 3 million years and it would still be a tiny portion of your life
Also humans have never had the time to develop the science and technology needed to create wormholes big enough and stable enough for humans to travel through.
So, the real answer right now is "unknown". I suppose we'll have to make it to the new system and see

On 2/28/2019 at 3:05 AM, Tortuga said:

I wonder if Venus is still going through the creation process...

Bro Richard, or rather has it completed it's creation process, but awaiting its productive process. A piece of land will be unproductive and inhabitable to shelter only if some productive processes are completed like clearing, foundation, building etc Who will Jehovah use to make it perfect for living? I believe all planets will be useful eventually for their different purposes

On 3/8/2019 at 4:40 AM, Katty said:

The Bible states that the earth will always be the home of humankind but says nothing as to the possibility of visiting other planets
If you have eternity, you can leave earth for 3 million years and it would still be a tiny portion of your life

I don't want to spend 3 million years in a quiet and dark place.

On 2/27/2019 at 5:28 PM, EccentricM said:

With this concept, I wonder if one could "see a movie of the past" via catching up with the light that travels from the Earth somehow with advanced tools.

Interesting idea! One could see the light that left the Earth at some date, IF we could travel faster than light or take a shortcut to appear in front of that light. Then we would watch the Earth at that precise moment 😉

On 2/27/2019 at 3:07 PM, tuntun said:

a month ago i got visit from elders for shepherding visit. i asked them after the 1000 year of reign is there possibility for man to explore space since they're already perfect?.

but it seem they don't see it as a possibility. since the bible clearly says the earth has been given to the men, but heaven is belong to Jehovah.

I asked this because it seem fun to walk and eating in restaurant while enjoying view the planet of mars. they said this is just fantasy of some movie. (they said many movies based on mars are actually was made in USA - maybe on Grand Canyon national park). it's really impossible to live in open surface on other planet without oxygen supply and gravity.

maybe outer place is a nice place to visit but not to live.

Unfortunately some brothers just take their opinion about some subject as the truth and everyone has to accept it...

On 2/27/2019 at 8:41 PM, Shawnster said:

Then could it still be his rest day?

Jehovah could have prepared other planets to the point right before human creation. So at this moment there is a possibility that planets with vegetation, oxygen, even with animals, exist out there in the space... We know that it is impossible to find other inteligent beihgs, like ourselves, on the outer space, but there is nothing in the bible that goes against the existence of life on other planets, right now

On 2/28/2019 at 1:49 AM, tuntun said:

once, i read a watchtower magazine. it told a story about a boy in school who got assignment from his teacher. what would we do if we could travel to the past?. 

most student said they want to fixed something. one said he want to killed hitler so holocaust would never happened. 

one of our brother said he want to go back to garden of eden so he could cut off the head of serpent  so mankind would never falled into sin.

so we wouldn't need to get through all these. history with all these suffering, war, famine, etc are just a imagination of people who ever live on earth.

That is not possible and would go against the Justice of Jehovah. He creaated the universe along with time and he made time a one directional thing. Otherwise don't you think Jehovah would just rewind time until everything would workout well?

Besides, the fact that Jehovah gave us free will implies that we can't go back and change our options if something went wrong. No, definetely we have to live with the consequences of our decisions. And Jehovah to, lets the universe takes its course along the laws he created. Giving the possibilities to circunvent that natural flow of things would go against is own justice

• 8 months later...
On 2/27/2019 at 7:00 PM, EccentricM said:

Only too far with our current technology, but we may advance in the future, or Jehovah might enable us to travel through miraculous means, similar to how angels can travel with ease. There have said to be planets similar to Earth out there known already. To me it makes sense, if humans live forever and have children forever, we'd need infinite space, and that's exatly what we have in this universe ever expanding. Just as Jehovah did not "simply make the Earth for nothing", surely he has some purpose for this infinite universe.

https://www.space.com/30172-six-most-earth-like-alien-planets.html.

Perhaps once the Earth is cultivated and his purpose is finally fullfilled as originally intended, Jehovah will make other planets we know of blossom with life, or create 'new' livable planets for humans to keep expanding.

Psalm 115:16 - as for the heavens, they belong to Jehovah. But the earth he has given to the sons of man. Right now, it doesn’t belong to us to venture out there. The issue of Universal Sovereignty is nicely contained here. The universe is perfect... sinless... BUT! When the time is right, and Jehovah opens the way for us.... Scientists think they have discovered some kind of web. Be it made of “dark matter” or other, they do not know. WHAT IF... this is a pathway that could be used like a Star Gate?

There is one thing I can’t get past... The universe is really big... Its really really BIG.  A lot of effort has gone into designing it and building it. Those in the spirit realm don’t need it. What’s it for? Forever is a really long time. It’s a really really long time... When the time is right, Jehovah will open it up to us. Adam and Eve had the task of extending the garden paradise boundaries out as their family grew.

Jehovah’s hand will not be cut short. Mankind has always looked up.

4D47D238-8553-4909-BDEF-AB951F90C062.jpeg

314ED954-6057-468E-AE3C-EC9C3053D423.gif

8404D8F3-DB97-4C6A-8750-6636F67246A6.jpeg

On 3/16/2019 at 6:45 AM, jayrtom said:

but there is nothing in the bible that goes against the existence of life on other planets, right now

There is the issue of universal sovereignty... there was an Awake on this, I think in April of 1990? It raised the point, that if intelligent life existed elsewhere, they could have been called in as witnesses to the argument raised in Job about sovereignty. This would have meant  that this system would not have been necessary.  If Jehovah could have avoided it... he would have. What if, with regard to intelligent life in the universe; we are very early in that process? What if, it was created here, and like Adam and Eve extending the boundaries of the garden paradise throughout the earth, the intention was/is that we will do the same throughout the galaxy.  The issue of universal sovereignty cam up early in our history, and for now things are on hold. Now... the Andromeda galaxy is a spiral galaxy like our milkyway, only bigger. It is moving this way and between 3.75b years (billion), it will meet up and “merge” with the milkyway galexy. Both spirals will merge together to form one huge elliptical galaxy. Like I said in another post like this... forever is a really long time. Its a really really long time. What is the universe for? Jehovah has not put so much energy and thought into it for nothing.

Consider a video by someone smarter than me:   

Edited by nzbeeker

Corrected numbers

This suddenly gives me goosebumps. 

Some day far~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ in the future, I might visit a galaxy 3000 light years from where planet Earth and experience a whole new civilization...  They'll be like, 'Oh, so you are the Earthling! I heard that Jesus was there!' 

Have I gone too far haha 

We would need some serious warping technology..

By then no SCI-FI would be needed, the universe itself will be full of interesting stories. 

I hope Jehovah creates one species of intelligent creature for each galaxy. 

Edited by Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual

• 4 weeks later...

@nzbeeker David, brother Joao mentioned

but there is nothing in the bible that goes against the existence of life on other planets, right now

And you replied:

On 11/21/2019 at 10:52 PM, nzbeeker said:

It raised the point, that if intelligent life existed elsewhere, they could have been called in as witnesses to the argument raised in Job about sovereignty. This would have meant  that this system would not have been necessary. 

You are both right, but you are talking about different things. It seems very unlikely that there is intelligent life in other planets due to the ramifications of that fact and the controversies Satan raised. But there is no problem with non-intelligent life. Jehovah could be creating microorganisms, plants and animals in other planets. Or living things that are completely different from anything we know. And some day we will go there and discover those nice gifts Jehovah has prepared for us. This is what Joao referred to. :)

Edited by carlos