JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

I wasn't trying to stir things up with posting about the Blaze and the Coronavirus just information. But in the United States since October of last year till now here are the statistics for just the regular flu.

14,000 – 36,000
flu deaths

flu virus icon

*Because influenza surveillance does not capture all cases of flu that occur in the U.S., CDC provides these estimated ranges to better reflect the larger burden of influenza. These estimates are calculated based on CDC’s weekly influenza surveillance data and are preliminary.

36 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Alcohol for sanitizing is at our khall.. Its mandated by the Bethel branch.. 

What kind of alcohol are they using?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I would personally recommend what instructions I received as the cleaning captain for my congregation for circuit assemblies.

H202 is hydrogen peroxide.

Here is an example:

image.png.f36a8f7c0aec989d37c40446c12eb9b8.png

Edited by AH173

update

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

from above: 

"I would personally recommend what instructions I received as the cleaning captain for my congregation for circuit assemblies."

this from - https://cleaningbusinesstoday.com/blog/hydrogen-peroxide-vinegar-a-disinfecting-duo/

Dwell time is important if there is a specific organism you are trying to kill. As germ killers, hydrogen peroxide and vinegar work well in tandem because they both kill germs in different ways. Vinegar is better at killing some germs and hydrogen peroxide is better against others, but dwell time can still take up to 30 minutes each and there are no definitive studies to guide users if you want to kill a specific microbe. 

me - I doubt that the friends cleaning are letting H202 linger for "up to 30 minutes" on any surface!

26 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

me - I doubt that the friends cleaning are letting H202 linger for "up to 30 minutes" on any surface!

Agreed. I was not instructed with the solution provided by the circuit assembly hall not to let the spray set that long.

From the assembly hall overseer to the cleaning department overseer I was told  around 15 to 30 seconds to wipe area down with clean cloth towels.

It was left up to the captains- like myself to determine the interval to clean touchable surfaces. I decided ( and overseers went along with) at every song we disinfect the surfaces.

They seem to like what is done for almost 3 years now.

Those are the instructions for my assembly hall and not from that website.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Spray and wipe using anything will always work as a cleaner on most any surface and time is of the upmost importance at an assembly or KH so it's only reasonable that letting any germ killing substance sit for any amount of time to actually disinfect would not work especially with a large crowd waiting to use the facilities, you can only do so much and following instructions is what is expected of us.

1 hour ago, Lee49 said:

from above: 

"I would personally recommend what instructions I received as the cleaning captain for my congregation for circuit assemblies."

this from - https://cleaningbusinesstoday.com/blog/hydrogen-peroxide-vinegar-a-disinfecting-duo/

Dwell time is important if there is a specific organism you are trying to kill. As germ killers, hydrogen peroxide and vinegar work well in tandem because they both kill germs in different ways. Vinegar is better at killing some germs and hydrogen peroxide is better against others, but dwell time can still take up to 30 minutes each and there are no definitive studies to guide users if you want to kill a specific microbe. 

Why are we discussing germs or microbes? Covid-19 is a virus. A virus is neither a germ or an organism.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

13 minutes ago, Old said:

Why are we discussing germs or microbes? Covid-19 is a virus. A virus is neither a germ or an organism.

This is why. 

From: https://www.toppr.com/guides/chemistry/hydrogen/hydrogen-peroxide/

Screenshot_20200219-202706_Chrome.jpg

it's only reasonable that letting any germ killing substance sit for any amount of time to actually disinfect would not work especially with a large crowd waiting to use the facilities, you can only do so much and following instructions is what is expected of us.

This is my sentiment.

Do as instructed by overseers- no doubt they were instructed by local branch-and local branch by governing body. 

I recommend what I was clearly informed of. 

The rest is in Jehovah's hands. 

11 hours ago, JennyM said:

Alcohol for sanitizing is at our khall.. Its mandated by the Bethel branch.. 

I don't know where you live but, maybe it was wise not just for your hall but, for all of us.  So far we have not been told anything as of yet.  However, we all do take precautions.  Especially, soon Ramapo will be coming on board and we will be hosting many friends from around the country and around the world.

I was just thinking this could be one tactic that Satan uses to divide us.  We are such a loving people, we hug and kiss even if we don't know you.  So, it will be quite interesting when this project starts.  In March next month there will be applications online to start filling out for those that want to volunteer.  My husband and I will be working on the project, Jehovah willing.

South Korea is not safe anymore.

The confirmed infected amount close to 100 and one of the major reasons was that a member of a large church sect widely considered a heresy refused to take the examination when she had symptoms,  after she attended a meeting where more than 1,000 people were present.. 

So Korean JWs, their nerves are on the edges so as not to make mistakes that could bring reproach to God's name by being careless. 

Edited by Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual

1 minute ago, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

South Korea is not safe anymore.

The confirmed infected amount close to 100 and one of the major reasons was that a member of a large church sect widely considered a heresy refused to take the examination when she had symptoms,  after she attended a meeting where more than 1,000 people were present.. 

So Korean JWs, their nerves are on the edges so as not to make mistakes that could bring reproach to God's name by being careless. 

I'm sure the Korean Branch is on it.  It is nerve wrecking!  This can affect alot of aspects in our lives.  Preaching either door to door or cart witnessing.  I wish the GB would address the situation soon as to how to approach this dire situation.  In the meantime, lets just all do what we personally can do for ourselves and our family.

42 minutes ago, cme said:

I don't know where you live but, maybe it was wise not just for your hall but, for all of us.  So far we have not been told anything as of yet.  However, we all do take precautions.  Especially, soon Ramapo will be coming on board and we will be hosting many friends from around the country and around the world.

I was just thinking this could be one tactic that Satan uses to divide us.  We are such a loving people, we hug and kiss even if we don't know you.  So, it will be quite interesting when this project starts.  In March next month there will be applications online to start filling out for those that want to volunteer.  My husband and I will be working on the project, Jehovah willing.

I live in Philippines. We received letter from the branch to be careful. Use mask and alcohol so at khall there's once centralized alcohol where its accessible to everyone. hmmm.. maybe this gonna really spread too in my country wherein healthcare system is weak....and.. hmmmm... This year could be our last memorial. 

So  maybe hugging and kissing would be prohibite there soon while you're doing the project  to start in 2022 (in the new world) ...  😀

Edited by JennyM