JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

https://theknow.denverpost.com/2020/02/28/corona-beer-coronavirus/234590/"Do we really need to remind you that you can’t catch coronavirus from drinking Corona? Apparently, we do."The Mexican lager is taking a hit following spread of the flu-like virus

See what you started!  😁

2 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

I would have thought sales would surge ... it's quite a novol idea to have it in your fridge.

Especially since it protects you from the disease.

Now, that makes an interesting rumor..:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Old said:

Some Friends, from the Snohomish/King county area, got disinvited to the Gilead Graduation due to coming from a high risk area.

We heard similar today. We have a remote Bethel couple in our congregation. The brother let us know that Gilead graduation is off limits to any outside guests- including family and friends of the graduates. 🙁  Behind the scenes private tours by Bethelites are verboten- only Bethelites in the work areas now.  🙁

I hope this is all sorted by end of May. This is wrecking my cool NY trip 😭

There is something interesting going in with the Washington coronavirus infections. A major portion of the residents in the area where these cases have appeared work in other areas around the state.  Even with hundreds of thousands of people commuting each day between Seattle, Redmond, Kirkland, Everett, Bellevue and Renton the only cases of infection are clustered in a very small area of King and Snohomish counties. Bellevue itself contains huge populations of Iranian and Chinese which until last week were traveling back and forth continually. No infections in Bellevue, nor Redmond where Microsoft has extensive facilities. Seattle has a huge homeless population why no infections?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/03/03/coronavirus-live-updates-covid-19-california-cdc-numbers-deaths/4929223002/

Coronavirus live updates: 9th US. death is confirmed as WHO rejects pandemic

As the U.S. confirmed its ninth coronavirus death Tuesday, World Health Organization officials defended their controversial decision not to declare a pandemic, citing nations such as Brazil that have few or no confirmed cases.

"One of the dangers of using the pandemic word is that you would want containment to continue," Ryan said. But he also said that "I would urge all our member states to be ready for very serious, sustained community transmission."

3 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/03/03/coronavirus-live-updates-covid-19-california-cdc-numbers-deaths/4929223002/

Coronavirus live updates: 9th US. death is confirmed as WHO rejects pandemic

As the U.S. confirmed its ninth coronavirus death Tuesday, World Health Organization officials defended their controversial decision not to declare a pandemic, citing nations such as Brazil that have few or no confirmed cases.

"One of the dangers of using the pandemic word is that you would want containment to continue," Ryan said. But he also said that "I would urge all our member states to be ready for very serious, sustained community transmission."

maybe because pandemic means economic collapse...

On NBC Nightly News tonight they showed a video of a WHO Briefing today,

where an announcement was made that the death-rate may be double of what was first thought.

That means 3.4% .

I still say that, if Iran is honest in its reporting, the death-rate is a lot higher than even that figure.

Again, too much misinformation to make informed choices of what to believe or disbelieve. :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

11 hours ago, Foxes53 said:

Just curious for those congregations in the United States. Have any made it a policy to encourage through an announcement no handshaking or hugging.

Not yet.

4 hours ago, rolypoly said:

its in the georgia county where my bro in law lives.  he said 2 cases so far.  his young son is at doc now w a fever.  of course that could be anything.  

I had a horrible sickness back in December.  I thought the doc said I had pneumonia.  I missed my followup visit and just made it back to her a few days ago.  I spoke of the pneumonia, and she said " well i dont know what it was, but you were negative for flu, and I treated you for pneumonia".  i am a pretty healthy, strong guy, and whatever I had, I thought i might die.  I had 104 fever, chills, cold, sweat, delirious.... I slept for 3 days straight, barely ate or drank, just barely made it to bathroom, otherwise i was passed out.  my family was so scared to catch what i had, they abandoned me!!  of course i wanted them too.  now i have read a few reports that this coronavirus may have been circulating longer than we realize and it may already been out there... makes me wonder what i had.

2 days ago i had a customer show up at my shop.  one look and i was concerned.  His face was so red and sick looking.  I have never seen someone look so red and sick, he looked like he had ebola!  I asked if he was ok, and he said yes.  then through convo he stated he just got back from a Caribbean cruise and he was sick w the flu the whole time!!!  GREAT!! I was holding my breath and would not shake hands.  he look sooooo bad.  Why would he come out like this and even pretend like he was not ill?  ridiculous.  

Eric, as you had pneumonia, why weren't you hospitalized?

I had microplasma pneumonia a few years ago and I was put on antibiotic drip for one week before I was cured. During that one week I coughed non stop (dry cough) and lost 5kg.

Government here says future plans might include asking people to work from home. Fair enough.

What sort of jobs could be done from home that aren’t already?
Why aren’t they being done from home already to save resources?

(I’m guessing not fire fighters.)

I have heard repeatedly that the virus only lasts a few hours at most on surfaces.

Then why are buildings that have had a case being closed for days for “deep cleaning”?

(Sorry, I stocked up on TP months ago because of the Brexit thing. We have about 90. :blushing: )

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

It's either going to be worse or it's not going to live up to the hype.  (I personally think it will be a while before this abates, so we have to learn to live with it and not let it rob us of joy).

Our dear brothers are onto it ... Jehovah is always streets ahead of this world. And if it isn't this virus there would be something else.

Beautiful advice in the following link - reasonable precautions without the panic is really the key.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/global/jw-coronavirus-update-and-response/

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

20 hours ago, GraceH said:

This is what is driving me crazy. People are not dropping dead in the streets. People seem to be listening more to the media than health professionals.

The health professionals are saying take it seriously. Posters up everywhere in doctors offices as well as governmental messages. The message basically is dont panic but dont be stupid either.

Edited by Mykyl

24 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

It's either going to be worse or it's not going to live up to the hype.  (I personally think it will be a while before this abates, so we have to learn to live with it and not let it rob us of joy).

Our dear brothers are onto it ... Jehovah is always streets ahead of this world. And if it isn't this virus there would be something else.

Beautiful advice in the following link - reasonable precautions without the panic is really the key.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/global/jw-coronavirus-update-and-response/

The photo they have used there is that the Brother and Sister in the end picture from the song - Just Around the Corner? 

702020168_univ_lsr_lg.jpg

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

This is today at the supermarket. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ The guy that works there was saying how crazy it is seeing people coming in and filling up their whole trolley with TP. 🧻  Also the Flour, Tissues, Wet Wipes and Hand Sanitiser, completely empty too. I’m just glad that they hadn’t taken all the canned dog food..otherwise I’d have very unhappy fur babies! 🐶🐶🐶

2984C1BB-055F-413C-B2CA-D2118BD4B2FA.jpeg

10 hours ago, Hope said:

We heard similar today. We have a remote Bethel couple in our congregation. The brother let us know that Gilead graduation is off limits to any outside guests- including family and friends of the graduates. 🙁  Behind the scenes private tours by Bethelites are verboten- only Bethelites in the work areas now.  🙁

I hope this is all sorted by end of May. This is wrecking my cool NY trip 😭

We are in the same boat ....1-15 May 2020........we are seriously thinking cancelling our flights

because what is the point to get to N.Y. but all tours are cancelled