JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Protestors Invade Capitol Building

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1157 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

28 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if those insurrectionists all get some kind of blanket pardon from the president before he leaves office! emoji2962.pngemoji2962.pngemoji2962.png

I doubt it will come from the President, but I do expect most of the mob to not be charged. Last I heard there were 54 arrests. I imagine most of those 54 will turn out to be minor offenses. 

The people responsible for the deaths... Now I do expect serious charges against them if they ever get caught. 

10 minutes ago, blue-jay said:

Who was the woman that was killed? Part of the mob or an employee?

She was shot by Capitol police after climbing through a window to gain access.

https://abc7.com/ashli-babbitt-capitol-hill-riot-fatal-shooting/9426071/

"For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act." Phil 2:13

59 minutes ago, Dages said:

That was short and relatively quiet for a protest. 

Loud and long from the perspective of it never happening here before though.  No, it wasn't Bastille Day, but this mob didn't have much of any plan to overthrow the government.  They just wanted to make a little noise, not start a revolution.

18 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

this mob didn't have much of any plan to overthrow the government. 

There is a possibility these protesters were playing for the other team.

It may have been a ruse - to create chaos, but more importantly, to embarrass the administration. In other words "These idiots are MY PEOPLE" ?

It has led to resignations of top officials and world wide shame.

IF it was a false flag , it worked. I'm sure no one expected a death however.

26 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Loud and long from the perspective of it never happening here before though.  No, it wasn't Bastille Day, but this mob didn't have much of any plan to overthrow the government.  They just wanted to make a little noise, not start a revolution.

It was a symbolic protest in that for instance the Confederate flag had never been raised in the US Capitol building before ...In England I suppose we would liken it to

protestors storming the Houses of Parliament. Trump had them all riled up about "Stop the Steal' and their anger boiled over once they reached their destination.

Quite amusing how they all broke into the building but then many stayed within the ropes

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

Today's news seems to be leaning toward how the actions of yesterday should "bring the country together" since both sides of the aisle are now calling for "doing the right thing" and that "democracy can be restored" by putting the differences aside and "doing the right thing"

Who knows were this will go .....

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

One report I saw said breaking into Capitol Hill is an offense, but then also carrying a firearm can result in up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

25th Amendment time...

Election 2020

Schumer Says Trump Must Immediately Be Removed From Office

Congress ratified president-elect’s victory in overnight joint session, with lawmakers from both parties condemning president’s rhetoric

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/adam-kinzinger-25th-amendment-trump-removal-b1784001.html?amp

Pro-Trump protesters shook the gate at the Washington State Governor's home in Olympia (Jay Inslee is the governor) until it opened and went onto the property, as protests continued across the United States in capitol cities.  This may have been posted already.

Pro-Trump demonstrators enter grounds of Washington governor's mansion as protesters gather across the country - CNNPolitics

Edited by JW2017

2 hours ago, JW2017 said:

Now they say that four were killed and over 60 were arrested.

I killed by gunfire, three died of natural causes.(?)

The woman killed was from California and was there to protest.

A number of guns were confiscated.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Since the live images were on TV and the Internet and all showed much of the same things ... it is not taking sides to admit there was an illegal entry into the Capital Building that turned violent - and that violence was used on both sides.

Weapons of various types were visible in most of the videos ranging from flag poles and clubs to guns. Both the protesters and the police had pepper spray, smoke bombs, flash-bangs and tear gas. Some of the police and some of the protesters were clearly shown to have guns.

Didn't matter if you watched a right leaning news cast, a left leaning news cast or what people were streaming from their phones ... they all showed the same things.

The main thing for us to come away with from the antics of yesterday concerning the certification of the US election is that ". . .It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step. . ." (Jeremiah 10:23) and we should put our trust in the Kingdom.

Who cares if the mainstream news or the aux-news sites are "telling stories" ... the main thing to remember is that NONE OF THEM is telling the whole truth. If they are not for Jehovah, they are against Him. There is no middle ground.

I have never seen one of the "non-mainstream" sites point people to God's Kingdom when they "expose" whatever it is they are "exposing" ... just like I have never seen any mainstream site offer God's Kingdom as the solution.

No, I was not yelling ... guess I should have used the underline instead of the caps - sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Qapla

I died of gun shots, 3 died from health issues. Over 80 arrested and looking for others. Petty vandalism is throwing a rock through a window or spray painting graffiti. This remember is a federal government building. So a lot of the crimes will be federal. Looks like they want to remove mr. trump before he can do more harm and also pardon himself for it. Walk on the road to a new world. Walk on.

2 minutes ago, Margaret said:

I died of gun shots, 3 died from health issues. Over 80 arrested and looking for others. Petty vandalism is throwing a rock through a window or spray painting graffiti. This remember is a federal government building. So a lot of the crimes will be federal. Looks like they want to remove mr. trump before he can do more harm and also pardon himself for it. Walk on the road to a new world. Walk on.

Health issues? Did they have a heart attack or so? 🤔