JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Protestors Invade Capitol Building

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1156 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Sky news in the UK covering this now....

The U.S. Capitol building has been locked down with politicians told to remain inside and stay away from windows and doors as Trump supporters clash with police outside

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/1346900285986365443?s=20

Edited by Julie

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

1 minute ago, Tbs77 said:

This is why the GT is imminent!
Don't panic!
Let Your Kingdom Come!

I saw one video of Trump supporters erecting a big wooden Cross in front of the Capitol building

They must feel their God is on their side....

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

Life imitates art.

"The system we learn says we're equal under law
But the streets are reality, the weak and poor will fall
Let's tip the power balance and tear down their crown
Educate the masses, We'll burn the White House down"

Queensryche - "Speak"  Album: Operation Mindcrime, 1988

The world had been looking up to the Anglo-American Power on democracy and and free market economy for many years. The situation on Wall Street in 2008 with the Housing Market and what is happening today shows that the world is looking at the wrong place and not God’s Kingdom. Luke 4:43 & Daniel 2:44

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

The police are gassing the protesters now. I'm watching it live on Al Jazeera.

I haven't seen any protestors being gassed, not on CNN , NBC, ABC, CBS , NPT! as of 5:40 central, 6:40 Eastern

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/capitol-breached-protesters/story?id=75081629

Updates: Capitol breached by pro-Trump protesters, woman shot inside dies

A woman was shot and killed during a standoff inside the U.S. Capitol between law enforcement and supporters of President Donald Trump, who breached the building, forcing a lockdown with members of Congress inside.

The protesters, some of who were seen wearing body armor, made their way up the steps around 2:15 p.m. ET, pushing through barricades, officers in riot gear and other security measures put in place in anticipation of the protest.

A woman was shot inside the Capitol and rushed to the hospital, police said. The unidentified woman died later in the evening, sources tell ABC News.

It's unclear what led to the shooting or if law enforcement was involved. Images showed officers with weapons drawn.

2 hours ago, jps said:

i wonder if the iron/clay mixture rate will keep remain around 50/50 until the GT..?

Why is it assumed it was ever 50/50?

2 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

What happened to "Civil Unrest Due to Election" thread?emoji57.png...

This isn't the forum to continue to discuss more Civil Unrest Due to Election to come...

E.g. will the 25th Amendment get enacted?

I messed it up when I moved the comments about storming the Capitol to this discussion. It's fixed now.