JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Protestors Invade Capitol Building

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1158 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

9 hours ago, Rocco said:

Living Down Under we are hearing a lot of news reports out of the US that the inauguration of the new president elect will result in further violence on the capital or in the capital. So much So that they are reporting here that ammunition has runout in America?? That’s insane what’s the Anger or rise up to violence associated with?? 

9 hours ago, Nancy M said:

Ever since Trump won the election back in 2016 the other side has been trying to get rid of him by impeachment or claiming collusion with the Russians. Everything has just escalated!

Yup. And the media have sided with the Democrats and are censoring the news to fit their narrative. Sometimes they just make stuff up. The intense hatred for Trump reminds me of Satan's hatred for us and Jehovah. The National Guard has been activated and been sworn in as Deputy Federal Marshalls. I forget how many there are but it's a lot more then normal. Washington DC looks very police state from what I've seen in pictures and video. Fences are up, checkpoints everywhere. Looks like a prison camp minus the tents. DC has been declared a state of emergency. The inauguration is different this time. In place of people they have flags. It's eerily dystopian. Trump didn't incite violence. He said to March peacefully over there. The insurrectionists were already there and causing chaos when the rally goers arrived. BLM and and ANTIFA infiltrated and were part of it and some were dressed as Trump supporters. And don't get me started on the corruption in the government. I've never seen this much corruption before except in 3rd world countries. 😲

But the U.S. is still in power as the King of the South when the end comes so at least we know it won't collapse.

This is an excellent article to help us keep the current events in perspective.

“The Scene of This World Is Changing” https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2004084&srctype=wol&srcid=share

I like this part that reminds us what we should be looking at.

Screenshot_20210119-055042_Chrome.thumb.jpg.589551f6d8c5bb302871779a21bf161a.jpg

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 hours ago, Trekkinginspace said:

never seen this much corruption before except in 3rd world countries. 😲

It has always been there, especially where there is money and prejudice - just made more apparent by news stories.

Just remember "There are No True Christians in Politics"

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Just heard this on my scanner app:

A man in an apartment complex in Marquette, Michigan USA just called 911

to report that every car in the complex's parking lot had TRUMP scratched into the car's paint.

If you can't storm the Capitol, storm a parking lot?:wacko: 

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Just now, Friends just call me Ross said:

to report that every car in the complex's parking lot had TRUMP scratched into the car's paint.

If you can't storm the Capitol, storm the parking lot.:( 

Oh no. How awful for those poor people. It’s just senseless isn’t it. I remember getting my car keyed and it just makes you feel sick, such a bother to sort out. And that was just lines. Can you imagine someone scratching ‘Trump’ on your car. Awful. 

15 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I heard that too. 🤬

Can you imagine being so politically minded not only to do something like that, but to purposely paint a politician’s name on your OWN vehicle?  The past 2 months or more someone at the paper mill parking lot had done that to their older model van. 

Crazy world we live in. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I imagine they may come up with some creative ways to modify that....😱

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

Oh noooo. Poor creature. That makes me really sad. The article says the person responsible has to pay a $50,000 fine , which IMO is no where near enough for such cruelty. 

Edited by Luisabola

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/crime/agents-find-sniper-rifle-stash-of-weapons-in-home-of-zip-tie-guy/51-f30e386c-dff1-478e-8897-849e9b4c9092

Eric, aka "zip tie guy" Munchel  was found to have 15 weapons including a sniper rifle in his Nashville apartment!

The filing also claims that Munchel stashed weapons outside the capitol before entering.

Munchel became known as the "zip tie guy" on social media after being spotted inside the Capitol carrying zip ties in the halls of Congress.

In the filing, agents detail what they found during a search warrant inside Munchel's home, including 15 firearms, assault rifles, a sniper rifle with a tripod, other rifles, shotguns, and pistols, and hundreds of rounds of ammunition. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/25/politics/national-guard-troops-dc-through-march/index.html

Army confirms thousands of National Guard troops will remain in Washington into March

More than 5,000 National Guard troops will remain in Washington through mid-March to provide security amid concerns over potential unrest in the coming weeks, acting Secretary of the Army John Whitley said in a press briefing on Monday.

It is currently 7:05 pm EST in WDC - the House is delivering the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate ... it is full of ceremony and has preempted regular TV programing.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

16 minutes ago, Qapla said:

It is currently 7:05 pm EST in WDC - the House is delivering the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate ... it is full of ceremony and has preempted regular TV programing.

They have nothing else better to do besides fighting against pack of wolves over chocolate. Of course that would be my job.

• 5 weeks later...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/politics/us-capitol-attack-house-hearing-pittman-blodgett/index.html

Capitol Police chief warns militia groups want to 'blow up the Capitol' when Biden addresses Congress

Acting US Capitol Police chief explains 'operational challenges' from January 6 riot 03:44

(CNN)Acting US Capitol Police Chief Yogananda Pittman warned Thursday that militia groups involved in the January 6 insurrection want to "blow up the Capitol" and "kill as many members as possible" when President Joe Biden addresses Congress.

"We know that members of the militia groups that were present on January 6 have stated their desires that they want to blow up the Capitol and kill as many members as possible with a direct nexus to the State of the Union, which we know that date has not been identified," she told House lawmakers during Thursday's hearing on security failures related to January 6.

On 1/22/2021 at 5:20 PM, JW2017 said:

Perp was a retired cop with military training.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping: