JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Protestors Invade Capitol Building

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1169 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Interesting huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge article published today:

https://newrepublic.com/article/160922/capitol-riot-revealed-darkest-nightmares-white-evangelical-america

While Americans around the country watched an inflamed mob overrun the Capitol on January 6, the evangelical participants in that mob saw something else: a holy war. Insurgents carried signs that read “Jesus Saves,” “In God We Trust,” “Jesus 2020,” and “Jesus Is My Savior, Trump Is My President.” One man marched through the halls of Congress carrying a Christian flag, another a Bible. They chanted, “The blood of Jesus covering this place.”

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

8 hours ago, Sofia said:

Interesting huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge article published today:

https://newrepublic.com/article/160922/capitol-riot-revealed-darkest-nightmares-white-evangelical-america

While Americans around the country watched an inflamed mob overrun the Capitol on January 6, the evangelical participants in that mob saw something else: a holy war. Insurgents carried signs that read “Jesus Saves,” “In God We Trust,” “Jesus 2020,” and “Jesus Is My Savior, Trump Is My President.” One man marched through the halls of Congress carrying a Christian flag, another a Bible. They chanted, “The blood of Jesus covering this place.”

They forgot to mention "We are Really Stupid"

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Avoiding a potential insult

What happened at the capitol reminded me of cult leaders like David Koresh and Jim Jones and how they were able to persuade people who blindly followed them to do insane, nonsensical things. When I saw that the far right we’re willing to support Trump no matter what he said or did, I knew Trump could be a dangerous man able to convince people to commit heinous acts.

It also made me think how people will be so determined to harm us during the final part of the great tribulation when satan uses the worlds governments to spew out propaganda against us at that time as Revelation 16:13,14 says. Trump is just one man but at that time all “the kings of the entire inhabited earth” will be parroting this propaganda that will goad ones into attacking us.

13 And I saw three unclean inspired expressions* that looked like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon+ and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and they perform signs,+ and they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war+ of the great day of God the Almighty.+

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I wouldn't be surprised if those insurrectionists all get some kind of blanket pardon from the president before he leaves office!

keeping on the watch!

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/16/us-capitol-rioters-donald-trump-pardons

US Capitol breach

‘I’m facing a prison sentence’: US Capitol rioters plead with Trump for pardons

Jenna Ryan, a Texas real estate broker who took a private jet to Washington to join the attack on the US Capitol, has pleaded with Donald Trump to pardon her after she was arrested by federal authorities.

After surrendering to the FBI on Friday, Ryan said: “We all deserve a pardon.”
“I’m facing a prison sentence,” she told CBS11 at her home. “I think I do not deserve that.”

Turning to look into the camera, she said: “I would ask the president of the United States to give me a pardon.”

On Wednesday, Trump was impeached for inciting the attack on 6 January that left five people dead, including a police officer, and sent lawmakers fleeing for their lives.

She doesn’t deserve a prison sentence? Being involved in something like that where people were killed and she doesn’t deserve a prison sentence. 

Shoulda thought about the consequences before she got involved. O yes, people today don’t think there is my consequences for wrongdoing. Hmmmm.

Shows how valueless human lives have become. Well IMHO anyway.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

35 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

learn more about the Capitol insurrection. CNN Special Report: The Faces of the Trump Insurrection airs tonight, Saturday at 10 p.m. ET 9 p.m. central ( USA )

News media are pro -Trump and anti - Trump. CNN is anti - Trump. It is all screw up. We all should be pro - God’s Kingdom.

We all should be pro - God’s Kingdom."

We are, doesn't hurt to examine what types of people we may have to face shortly, other wise why bother to come on this site to learn and examine what is taking place! I enjoy watching and learning what is going on without having to take sides, others who do not, don't have to watch or take part in any discussions!

14 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

We are,  ... I enjoy watching and learning what is going on without having to take sides, others who do not, don't have to watch or take part in any discussions!

Some like to watch competative sports, I do not demean them. I watch competetive politics, it is a current edition of history being written in advance. We won't need either of them in the newsystem. :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

30 minutes ago, Old said:

Some like to watch competative sports, I do not demean them. I watch competetive politics, it is a current edition of history being written in advance. We won't need either of them in the newsystem. :)

I used to but, man, these last 4 years took it right out of me.  I'm in a news bubble and it feels kinda nice.  

Now, I do go on social media and read comments from people responding to news articles.  I like watching their heads explode.  

Seriously, it's funny.  Like, the answer is right in front of their face, but they go out of their way to avoid it.  

At the same time it's sad. Tragic. Sheep without a shepherd.  Blind leading the blind.  Skinned and thrown about. 

56 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

We are, doesn't hurt to examine what types of people we may have to face shortly, other wise why bother to come on this site to learn and examine what is taking place! I enjoy watching and learning what is going on without having to take sides, others who do not, don't have to watch or take part in any discussions!

Basically you was thinking what I was thinking. I told a brother 2 days ago, when we go back in the field, it is going to be a different ball game. The whole world has change, what is on people minds, I don’t know. Yes, it doesn’t hurt to see what is on the news. I’m sorry for misunderstandings my brother.

23 hours ago, *Jack* said:

When I saw that the far right we’re willing to support Trump no matter what he said or did, I knew Trump could be a dangerous man able to convince people to commit heinous acts.

Not just Trump.  The saying is "My party right or wrong" 

For years in many lands the head of government could be Hitler, Stalin or Genghis Kan and if they were of a particular party - people would still support them.

Thus in the US today you have Americans or Republicans or Democrats or Independents plus all the right wing and left wing groups, various religions and atheists but very few Christians - no Christians in government.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

1 minute ago, JW2017 said:

Proud Boys Intended To Kill Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi, FBI Witness Says (newsweek.com)

A group is said to have intended to assassinate Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi during the invasion of the Capitol.

Did you see the mock gallows they had last Wednesday outside the Capitol Building?... it had Biden written on the bottom

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

59 minutes ago, JW2017 said:

Proud Boys Intended To Kill Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi, FBI Witness Says (newsweek.com)

A group is said to have intended to assassinate Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi during the invasion of the Capitol.

I saw that info on a tv program called 60’

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

There are some short video clipping(s) have been on played on youtube daily since the uprising.

Many of the videos go into great detail - especially about the ones on Mike Pence

and those that were chanting for his death as they broke in - Also the police that 

that led them away from where Pelosi and others were in hiding. 

A lot of the footage is disturbing because you see a police officer almost being crush to death

by the mob and also the footage of a woman getting shot - police against police.   And others in 

high places that were caught on camera. 

Edited by Chachanee

Living Down Under we are hearing a lot of news reports out of the US that the inauguration of the new president elect will result in further violence on the capital or in the capital. So much So that they are reporting here that ammunition has runout in America?? That’s insane what’s the Anger or rise up to violence associated with?? 

11 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Living Down Under we are hearing a lot of news reports out of the US that the inauguration of the new president elect will result in further violence on the capital or in the capital. So much So that they are reporting here that ammunition has runout in America?? That’s insane what’s the Anger or rise up to violence associated with?? 

Ever since Trump won the election back in 2016 the other side has been trying to get rid of him by impeachment or claiming collusion with the Russians. Everything has just escalated!