JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Protestors Invade Capitol Building

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1169 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The link I posted above also shows Trump is losing honoraries. He had so much at stake. Goes to show how easily in the world one can lose everything when it’s all about greed and power. 

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

(I haven’t read this thread. I didn’t think it was worth starting a new one.)

Why is the POTUS often referred to (in the news over here) as “the leader of the free world”?

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

(I haven’t read this thread. I didn’t think it was worth starting a new one.)

Why is the POTUS often referred to (in the news over here) as “the leader of the free world”?

Because he leads the King of the South.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

16 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Because he leads the King of the South.

He only leads the USA. Not all lands that consider themselves ‘free’.He wouldn’t be called the leader of the UK here for example.

Even if ‘lead’ just means ‘leads by example.’

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

The Free World is a propaganda term,[1] primarily used during the Cold War from 1945 to 1992, to refer to the Western Bloc. More broadly, it has also been used[by whom?] to refer to all non-communist countries. It has traditionally primarily been used[by whom?] to refer to the countries allied and aligned with the United States and to those affiliated with international organizations such as the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and the European Union (EU). Critics have pointed out the contradiction between the use of the term and the fact of its being applied to all NATO members - even at times when some of them were ruled by military dictatorships (such as Turkey, Greece, and Portugal) as well as to various anti-Communist dictatorial regimes closely allied to the US.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_World

The concept of a leader of the free world implies that the United States (or its president specifically) provides direction to the foreign policies of democratic states. The first time the phrase “leader of the free world” appeared in The New York Times was in a November 1948 essay by the British economist Barbara Ward, which urged Western unity against the communist threat. With its unchallenged economic might, the United States was “potentially the political leader of the free world.” The term was commonly employed to refer to the United States from the late-1940s onward because of the weakness of the other democratic states (and possible candidates for leadership) like Britain and France, as well as U.S. direction to the anti-communist coalition, including Marshall Aid, the formation of NATO, and intervention in the Korean War.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/01/trump-free-world-leader/514232/

2 hours ago, ChrisC said:

He only leads the USA. Not all lands that consider themselves ‘free’.He wouldn’t be called the leader of the UK here for example.

True, but even you must see that ton this website the world leader talked about the most by people who don't live in the same country is the President of the United States.  

16 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Personally, I think Pelosi and Trump would make a perfect couple. Don’t tell no one I told you this.  If you you do, it might cause a riot or an uprising.

Am laughing and rolling on the floor now🤣

On 1/7/2021 at 12:17 AM, Dustparticle said:

The world had been looking up to the Anglo-American Power on democracy and and free market economy for many years. The situation on Wall Street in 2008 with the Housing Market and what is happening today shows that the world is looking at the wrong place and not God’s Kingdom. Luke 4:43 & Daniel 2:44

Joel prophecied that the sun would be darkened and the moon Will turn into blood. It's unfolding right before us

He leads them in a sense. He leads the major part of the King of the South. They all look to him.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

He leads them in a sense. He leads the major part of the King of the South. They all look to him.

The bold statement above illustrates my point, @ChrisC.  Johan is not a resident of the United States yet feels the USA, not the UK, is the major part of the KotS.  USA is major part, UK is minor part.

@Thesauron, why do you think the USA is the major part of the KotS? 

The bold statement above illustrates my point, [mention=6059]ChrisC[/mention].  Johan is not a resident of the United States yet feels the USA, not the UK, is the major part of the KotS.  USA is major part, UK is minor part.

[mention=7786]Thesauron[/mention], why do you think the USA is the major part of the KotS? 

At the moment, the UK is the minor part. But it will be interesting to see what their exit from the European Union will mean, when they first wanted to join, one of the requirements was that they cut their special ties to the US. It was never cut completely, but their attention seems to have been a bit divided, I think. We’ll see.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

14 hours ago, runner92 said:

I'm pretty sure Clinton was acquitted. He didn't get the necessary Senate votes to find him guilty. 

Clinton was voted guilty by the senate but was censured rather than being  removed from office.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I don’t even know where this belongs. And, I’m hesitant about articulating this. Because, it comes across as an opinion, perhaps. Some scholar on politics said why they have said the vote was illegal, was because the ones saying this, had their supporters coming out in droves. 
The thought is that certain people, (race?) should not be allowed to vote in this country. There is a segment of society that has maintained this all along. 
Rotten from the bones out? 
(if the need be, please delete this comment)

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

39 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

What I'm seeing is a big joke. The president is out less in a week.

The point of this current impeachment attempt is that, if convicted, Trump can never again run for President.  Right now, legally, Trump could run again for another 4 year term.

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

The point of this current impeachment attempt is that, if convicted, Trump can never again run for President.  Right now, legally, Trump could run again for another 4 year term.

When the senate vote on this, he will not be the president. I wonder is there any loop holes on this because this never happen before. If Trump walks away, then there are ways to prevent him not to run in 2024.

2 hours ago, Old said:

Clinton was voted guilty by the senate but was censured rather than being  removed from office.

:confused:

On December 19, 1998, Clinton became the second American president to be impeached when the House formally adopted two articles of impeachment and forwarded them to the United States Senate for adjudication; two other articles were considered, but were rejected. 

A trial in the Senate began in January 1999, with Chief Justice William Rehnquist presiding. On February 12, Clinton was acquitted on both counts as neither received the necessary two-thirds majority vote of the senators present for conviction and removal from office—in this instance 67. On Article One, 45 senators voted to convict while 55 voted for acquittal. On Article Two, 50 senators voted to convict while 50 voted for acquittal. Clinton remained in office for the remainder of his second term

On February 9, after voting against a public deliberation on the verdict, the Senate began closed-door deliberations instead. On February 12, the Senate emerged from its closed deliberations and voted on the articles of impeachment. A two-thirds vote, 67 votes, would have been necessary to convict on either charge and remove the President from office. The perjury charge was defeated with 45 votes for conviction and 55 against, and the obstruction of justice charge was defeated with 50 for conviction and 50 against. Senator Arlen Specter voted "not proved" for both charges, which was considered by Chief Justice Rehnquist to constitute a vote of "not guilty". All 45 Democrats in the Senate voted "not guilty" on both charges, as did five Republicans; they were joined by five additional Republicans in voting "not guilty" on the perjury charge

We have yet to see what this latest impeachment will result in ...

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

3 hours ago, Old said:

I could have sworn Clinton was censured, but apparently he wasn't.

In 1998, resolutions to censure President Bill Clinton for his role in the Monica Lewinsky scandal were introduced and failed.[14][15][16][17] The activist group MoveOn.org originated in 1998, after the group's founders began a petition urging the Republican-controlled Congress to "censure President Clinton and move on"—i.e., to drop impeachment proceedings, pass a censure of Clinton, and focus on other matters.[18][19]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censure_in_the_United_States#Presidential_censures

41 minutes ago, Just around the corner said:

I wonder why there is so much talk about politic in this topic. Im sorry if we had been talking like this in the breakout room I think brothers and sisters had left. I dont live in USA or the place of the King of south so I stop reading after one page. Page 8.

Sorry but this is my humble opinion.

Good point. At times friends do not want talk about anything. If so, it has to be on their level. Had a sister in our car group did not want me to say anything because I had a brain. Also, had  another sister ask me a question about if there will be rats in the NW. Her husband told her not to ask him questions. Yet, later I answer her question. It seems that no matter what we talk about, some cannot comprehend and label it into a category that fit their needs. That is my political view point. Oh, by the way, there will be rats in the NW

Edited by Dustparticle

10 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Oh Rats!!!! ( Snoopy from Peanuts/Charlie Brown - not me )

Lol.. In the late 70’s I ran into bunch of rats at the Buckingham Fountain in Chicago. They walk up to me and never harm me. I was with them for a while with no problems. Rats will be harmless in their right place in the NW.