JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Protestors Invade Capitol Building

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1157 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

31 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

I haven't seen any protestors being gassed, not on CNN , NBC, ABC, CBS , NPT! as of 5:40 central, 6:40 Eastern

I watched the tear gas explosions on CBS in the 5 O'clock hour.  The news commentators also mentioned more than once about tear gas being used. 

3 hours ago, Lee49 said:

One woman reported was shot in the chest

Oooh she died 😪

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I saw it with my own eyes. (through the tv screen)

Also, there are 3 references on the WP page to the tear gas (ctrl F is your friend)

"smoke grenades" is not a gas as in tear gas, flash bombs were used to disperse the crowd and some police used pepper spray, back in June tear gas was being used, if tear gas was used you would have seen people chocking and blinded from it! I didn't see anyone on tv chocking did you?

From Wikipedia - A smoke grenade is a canister-type grenade used as a signaling device, target or landing zone marking device, or as a screening device for unit movements.

26 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

"smoke grenades" is not a gas as in tear gas, flash bombs were used to disperse the crowd and some police used pepper spray, back in June tear gas was being used, if tear gas was used you would have seen people chocking and blinded from it! I didn't see anyone on tv chocking did you?

From Wikipedia - A smoke grenade is a canister-type grenade used as a signaling device, target or landing zone marking device, or as a screening device for unit movements.

MSNBC: Flash grenades, tear gas deployed on exterior Capitol balcony

Politico: Tear gas fired at rioters inside Capitol

CNN: Flash bangs could be heard near the steps of the Capitol as smoke filled the air. In some instances officers could be seen deploying pepper spray. Tear gas was deployed, but it's not clear whether by protesters or police, and people wiped tears from their eyes while coughing.  https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/06/politics/us-capitol-lockdown/index.html

Brother, I'm sorry you missed hearing this on the news, but what is the purpose of disputing the statements that tear gas was used? 

55 minutes ago, Beyond the Sky said:

I read about this as it happened during a pause at work today. I'm not sure their is anything personally I can say.

I caught a couple headlines during my day, just kinda shook my head, didn't even open the articles...watched a segment on 6PM news, wasn't really surprised by what I saw being displayed there...

55 minutes ago, Beyond the Sky said:

The world just makes me depressed

Luke 21: 28 NWT "But as these things start to occur, stand up straight and lift up your heads, because your deliverance is getting near."

Keep your eyes up, relief and better times are just ahead, just over there, beyond the sky......

Sadly reports say 4 people died in the protests.. What a dreadful waste of life over an election...

Trump can no longer tweet or post on facebook as his accounts have been suspended

Edited by Julie

Typo

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

I was watching International News last night and listening to how

other countries are viewing the uprising in the U.S. and one Turkey Foreign Ministry 

released a statement Wednesday urging its citizen in the United States to avoid crowded

places and confrontations - 

And I was thinking how well we as Jehovah people are protected and taken care of

by Our God Jehovah  - as we were informed last night of potential civil unrest in area(s) and to be mindful

to avoid certain  areas last night - and not venture out if possible. 

Proverbs 22:3

Mr Trump said there would be an "orderly transition on January 20th".

"Even though I totally disagree with the outcome of the election, and the facts bear me out, nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th," Mr Trump said in a statement posted to Twitter by aides. 

His personal account was locked by the social media company for posting messages that appeared to justify the assault on the seat of the nation's democracy. 

He added: "While this represents the end of the greatest first term in presidential history, it's only the beginning of our fight to Make America Great Again!"

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-07/joe-biden-certified-by-us-congress-as-next-us-president/13039966

As brother Lösch said in GB Update #6 this civil unrest is coming at a time of the pandemic, earthquakes and other natural disasters...

Let's hope it makes people more receptive to the message and lots of Bible studies can be started before the GT

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

"Brother, I'm sorry you missed hearing this on the news, but what is the purpose of disputing the statements that tear gas was used? "

"Tear gas was deployed, but it's not clear whether by protesters or police"

This is the point I was trying to make, that this was not handled no where near what the BLM protest were handled as pointed out in this article - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/06/us-capitol-trump-mob-police-protesters

People were quick to point out the hypocrisy of law enforcement letting the mob, which was overwhelmingly White, take over the Capitol building with little hindrance.

“Always interesting to see how white protestors can encounter so little resistance and breach the capitol with the vice-president there, while black protestors would be lying dead in front of the capitol building right now,” wrote the writer Roxane Gay.

“Thinking about all the protestors who got their eyes shot out by rubber bullets this summer for doing things like ‘walking’,” said the journalist Libby Watson. Dozens of people who were peacefully protesting for racial justice, along with some journalists who were covering the events, have sustained serious injuries from rubber bullets and teargas that were used by police to disperse crowds.

Whether or not of what was used the police response was lame in comparison , look at how the police just walked the crowd down the stairs and basically let them enter the building like they were on a field trip! It just shows the injustices of this system that we all can't wait to end!