JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - May 2021

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1075 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

18 hours ago, jwhess said:

As Br. Cook cited the May 2020 study Watchtower...I will miss talking about Queen Zenobia as the "King of the South"...😎

*** w20 May p. 3 “The King of the North” in the Time of the End ***
For the reason stated here, it no longer seems appropriate to list Roman Emperor Aurelian (270-275 C.E.) as a “king of the north” or Queen Zenobia (267-272 C.E.) as a “king of the south.” This updates what was published in chapters 13 and 14 of the book Pay Attention to Daniel’s Prophecy!

:offtopic:

There you have one more advantage of using WOL over WTL >> You can post a link for others to follow to :wink:

“The King of the North” in the Time of the End — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY (jw.org)

12 hours ago, Hope said:

Does the Russian song have a title?

There probably is a title, just like any other song. But it seems to be unknown. I wish there was more said about that when the song was introduced. When I did the work of converting the songs to mp3 format, that's the one thing I wanted to know. Brother Cook only said it was a "special musical gift video" in introducing it, but no title in English or Russian. Whenever the Monthly Broadcasts feature music videos, sometimes the host does not specifically announce the exact title. But thanks to a fellow member on the forums, I now have a way of knowing the exact titles. But since this song is not officially a new original song, I didn't have that method at hand. Sorry.

Now, if someone else knows the title, please tell!

The tower does no look like the eiffel tower in its construction, the colors are also wrong, and the buildings around really do not look the Paris boulevards :)

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

3 minutes ago, Dages said:

The Eiffel tower isn't red. :D 

Oh, I thought the color was just something to do with the photo. Also I didn't know there was a structure that was so close in looks as the Eiffel Tower...

and I've never been to Paris or Tokyo to know the difference in the buildings..itIt was just a guess...

Wondering why the question....?

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

The video and song in Russian may have been for us all but I have a feeling it was especially meant for the Russian brothers and sisters who will happen to see the broadcast somehow. I can only imagine how encouraging that would be. 
I wonder how some Russian authorities will feel after they watch the part about the King of The North...

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Did I hear him say at the beginning of the broadcast “Russia MAY be the last King of the North” as in — maybe he won’t be?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

2 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Did I hear him say at the beginning of the broadcast “Russia MAY be the last King of the North” as in — maybe he won’t be?

Br. Cook said: "As discussed in the May 2020 Watchtower, Russia and its allies are not the first political power to act as the king of the north, but they may well be the last.

I believe we are to understand this to mean that there is a possibility that the current KOTN, Russia + its allies, could be the last one. 

5 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Or as : this is the end, there isn't really anybody else.

(But we have to keep an open mind)

11 minutes ago, trottigy said:

yep... you heard well:

"(...), but they may well be the last"

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

11 minutes ago, Br. Ice said:

Br. Cook said: "As discussed in the May 2020 Watchtower, Russia and its allies are not the first political power to act as the king of the north, but they may well be the last.

I believe we are to understand this to mean that there is a possibility that the current KOTN, Russia + its allies, could be the last one. 

It seems so, I agree with you. We should consider it as it yes, will be the last. 

the word "may" makes us wonder, doesnt it? 

But I dont think there will be enough time for another KOTN to apear in the World Scenario :shrugs:

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 minute ago, Dove said:

I heard the word 'may'

3 minutes ago, Sofia said:

they may well be

When the combination of the words "may well be" is used, it means that something is:

- likely to,

- fairly likely to be true

- or is fairly likely to happen. 

It may rain.

This means that rain is a possibility; it may happen or it may not.I

It may well rain.

This means that rain is a possibility, and that the speaker thinks that there is good reason for it to occur.

For example:

You'd better bring an umbrella; it may well rain today.

As this example shows, the use of "may well be" shows that there is good reason to take a certain action, based on the information available. 

So, as Br. Cook pointed out in the broadcast, based on the information we have on the KOTN and its activities, action is required on our part, we should do something based on the information available. 

4 minutes ago, Br. Ice said:

When the combination of the words "may well be" is used, it means that something is:

- likely to,

- fairly likely to be true

- or is fairly likely to happen. 

It may rain.

This means that rain is a possibility; it may happen or it may not.I

It may well rain.

This means that rain is a possibility, and that the speaker thinks that there is good reason for it to occur.

For example:

You'd better bring an umbrella; it may well rain today.

As this example shows, the use of "may well be" shows that there is good reason to take a certain action, based on the information available. 

So, as Br. Cook pointed out in the broadcast, based on the information we have on the KOTN and its activities, action is required on our part, we should do something based on the information available. 

perhaps... refering to Daniel 11:44,45 - could these verses refering to the KOTN include other nations? the so-called "coalition" of nations Gog of Magog?

Its interesting that as time passes by, the understanding of prophecies gets more open.

The book "Daniel prophecy" isnt that old and some chapters are totaly not up to date by now.

This is just my opinion, for all it´s worth ...:shrugs:

4 minutes ago, Dove said:

Well he named them specifically, Rome, Germany and now Russia, so they were actual Kings of the North in their day..

fromGermany, USSR and now Russia and it´s allies :) ever since 1870

Edited by Sofia