JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - May 2021

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1075 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I also took his meaning of the word 'may' to mean the same as when they are not sure of something and often say 'we don't know' even if it seems very likely, because they really don't Know...

17 minutes ago, Sofia said:

perhaps... refering to Daniel 11:44,45 - could these verses refering to the KOTN include other nations? the so-called "coalition" of nations Gog of Magog?

Its interesting that as time passes by, the understanding of prophecies gets more open.

The book "Daniel prophecy" isnt that old and some chapters are totaly not up to date by now.

This is just my opinion, for all it´s worth ...:shrugs:

fromGermany, USSR and now Russia and it´s allies :) ever since 1870

Yes, Rome wouldn't be in Our Last Days.....

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

28 minutes ago, Sofia said:

perhaps... refering to Daniel 11:44,45 - could these verses refering to the KOTN include other nations? the so-called "coalition" of nations Gog of Magog?

Its interesting that as time passes by, the understanding of prophecies gets more open.

The book "Daniel prophecy" isnt that old and some chapters are totaly not up to date by now.

This is just my opinion, for all it´s worth ...:shrugs:

Interesting point sister Sofia. And for sure your opinion is worth a lot. Take a look at what the slave has published in the research guide references on Daniel 11:44. 

There is some interesting information to consider here.

Quote from Pure Worship book, page 183

Jehovah’s worshippers are the primary target of the king of the north. But like Gog of Magog, the king of the north comes “to his end” after failing in his attack on God’s people.

Quote from Watchtower, May 15, 2015 page 29-30

Who, then, is Gog of Magog? To answer that question, we need to search the Scriptures to find out who attacks God’s people. The Bible speaks not only of the attack by ‘Gog of Magog’ but also of the attack by “the king of the north” and of the attack by “the kings of the earth.” (Ezek. 38:2, 10-13; Dan. 11:40, 44, 45; Rev. 17:14; 19:19) Do these represent separate attacks? Not likely. The Bible is no doubt referring to the same attack under different names. Why can we draw that conclusion? Because the Scriptures tell us that all the nations of the earth will be involved in this final attack that prompts the war of Armageddon.—Rev. 16:14, 16.

When we compare all these Scriptural references about the final attack on God’s people, it becomes evident that the name Gog of Magog refers, not to Satan, but to a coalition of nations. Will this coalition be led by the figurative “king of the north”? We cannot say with any certainty. But this thought does seem to be in harmony with what Jehovah says about Gog: “You will come from your place, from the remotest parts of the north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great assembly, a vast army.”—Ezek. 38:6, 15.

Edited by Br. Ice

Oh here we go again, a long explanation of the comments of one imperfect brother even though he is a member of the governing body. 😁

Peace, whether Russia is the last KOTN or not, we know what it means to us anyway. No reason to worry. 

No matter how the wind howls the mountain cannot bow to it. 

20 minutes ago, Sepie93 said:

The Dutch dub says that Russia is "possibly the last one".

In Dutch I also catched this word..
But then I thought: hmm... Would there be any space in the prophecy to allow another country to become tKotN?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

Time will tell, eh. We just need to hang in there and endure to the end - whenever it may be.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

8 minutes ago, McKay said:

The only reason he's saying "may well be the last one" or the subtitles say "possibly" is because the FDS is being both faithful and discreet. We cannot say Scripturally that Russia will be the last one. I'm sure that's all he meant.

I'll work at imitating that example and not be dogmatic either. Thanks!!!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

18 minutes ago, McKay said:

The only reason he's saying "may well be the last one" or the subtitles say "possibly" is because the FDS is being both faithful and discreet. We cannot say Scripturally that Russia will be the last one. I'm sure that's all he meant.

The FDS are definitely being faithful and discreet. Undoubtedly qualities worthy of imitation. 

I think the sentence we are discussing is a good example of how important word choice is.

The official sentence:

(1) "Russia and its allies are not the first political power to act as the king of the north, but they may well be the last."

A different sentence could have been:

(2) Russia and its allies are not the first political power to act as the king of the north, [and they might not be the last].

Option 1 shows:
- There is reason to believe this one is the last/might be the last. 

Option 2 shows:
- There is reason to believe this one is not the last/might not be the last.

The words you choose, show the angle you approach the subject.  

57 minutes ago, Br. Ice said:

And for sure your opinion is worth a lot

oooh so sweet! thank you!

Yes, I remember reading this on Pure Worship book.

We just gotta keep on the watch! 😉

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

I really enjoyed this broadcasting jehovah knows how to pull our heart strings 😂😊thou matter how much I watch it I always cry like a Baby 😭in my cong there's a Russian family we have a Russian elderly sister who married a elderly Scottish brother than her daughter came to live over here with her family because of the situation in Russia so I hope they enjoy. I really feel that jehovah wants us to imitiate the Russian bros and sisters in building up our faith so we can make it though the end of this system. 

1 hour ago, Sepie93 said:

But then I thought: hmm... Would there be any space in the prophecy to allow another country to become tKotN?

I just can't see it! Last days are of limited length and I just don't see another candidate focusing on persecution of JW's were Daniel's prophecies are fulfilled completely. 

Current KOTN already entered the "land of decoration" and it's not slowing down, as we were presented during our May broadcast ....during that time Michael will stand up!

Therefore we were asked to meditate upon our decisions because we are living in the conclusion of the last days were Michael is about to stand up. 

We are very close now, and that was the gist of the May broadcasting telling us that. 

Let's then make good personal decisions focusing on our relationship with Jehovah and ministry, so when the day suddenly is upon us we feel content and happy :) with the course of life we chose. 

Understanding Bible prophecies is one thing, but personal decision making is even more important as this have a profound impact on our relationship with our heavenly Father, so while we are excited about current understanding of many prophecies, let's focus more on what we are doing personally to manifest that indeed we believe we are living so close to the end of the system of things. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Brilliant broadcast ....just what we all needed! We truly are at the end of the last days & clinging on.....

Thought it was interesting about Daniel 11:34 and the prophecy about the "little helper" when the Soviet Union collapsed & the brothers could worship & preach freely

David Splane giving food for thought to any Jewish friends out there too

So encouraging for our brothers in Russia & elsewhere.. I do hope they get to see it somehow

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

I know this will probably require patience, but I'm eager to know what Daniel 11:41b-45 are referring to! These verses would have to be after the KotN has "entered the land of decoration" (2017; Dan. 11:41a) but before Jehovah defends his people (Dan. 12:1).

Based on the info we have, my understanding is that v. 44,45 refer to the nations' final attack on God's people,

The Bible speaks not only of the attack by ‘Gog of Magog’ but also of the attack by “the king of the north” and of the attack by “the kings of the earth.” (Ezek. 38:2, 10-13; Dan. 11:40, 44, 45; Rev. 17:14; 19:19) Do these represent separate attacks? Not likely. The Bible is no doubt referring to the same attack under different names. Why can we draw that conclusion? Because the Scriptures tell us that all the nations of the earth will be involved in this final attack that prompts the war of Armageddon.—Rev. 16:14, 16.

but I could only speculate what Dan. 11:41b-43 might be pointing to.

Does anyone have more info on these verses?

Edited by N1ckman21

3 hours ago, trottigy said:

Did I hear him say at the beginning of the broadcast “Russia MAY be the last King of the North” as in — maybe he won’t be?

He did say, 'Welcome to the MAY Broadcast of Jehovah's Witnesses'...😀

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

The reason he said 'may' is because of us. We're dissecting that one word thoroughly. We've only got so much information about the KotN, and only so much information about how long the end will last. The scriptures we're looking at haven't changed in 2000 years. Either Russia is the last one, or it isn't. The the GB says an absolute yes or no either way, it changes things for us.

If the GB say 'the end will come within the next three years' and then it takes three years and one month, how many people lose hope at the last moment?

59 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Current KOTN already entered the "land of decoration" and it's not slowing down, as we were presented during

Br. Greg, Our faithful brothers in the past have seen the attacks of KotN on god's people and invasions of the "Land of Decoration" and we were just as assured that God's prophecy was coming to fruition. We have had 3 King of the North political rulers spaced 30-40 years apart in the last century or so.  And we have had several invasions of the "Land of Decoration".  so we must not use that as our touchstone about the end.  It "may" be indicative but it is not affirmative.

*** w20 May pp. 13-14 pars. 7-8 Who Is “the King of the North” Today? ***
7 ...Rather, “the land of the Decoration” today is the realm of activity of Jehovah’s people that includes such things as their worship of Jehovah through meetings and the field ministry.

8 During the last days, the king of the north has repeatedly entered into “the land of the Decoration.” For example, when Nazi Germany filled the role of the king of the north, particularly during the second world war, that king entered into “the land of the Decoration” by persecuting and killing God’s people. After World War II when the Soviet Union took on the role of the king of the north, that king entered into “the land of the Decoration” by persecuting God’s people, exiling them.

So we look for prophecy that has no duplication, like the destruction of Babylon the Great. THEN we will know...♥️

1 hour ago, N1ckman21 said:

Based on the info we have, my understanding is that v. 44,45 refer to the nations' final attack on God's people

Quoting: Watchtower Study Edition, may 2020 pag. 15

13 A prophecy recorded by Ezekiel gives some insight into what may happen during the last days of the king of the north and the king of the south. If we view the prophecies of Ezekiel 38:10-23; Daniel 2:43-45; 11:44–12:1; and Revelation 16:13-16, 21 as speaking about the same time period and events, it appears that we can expect the following developments.

14 Sometime after the start of the great tribulation, “the kings of the entire inhabited earth” will form a coalition of nations. (Rev. 16:13, 14; 19:19) That coalition becomes what the Scriptures call “Gog of the land of Magog.” (Ezek. 38:2) That coalition of nations will make one final all-out assault on God’s people. What will provoke the attack? Speaking of this time, the apostle John saw a storm of unusually large hailstones raining down on God’s enemies. That symbolic hailstorm may take the form of a hard-hitting judgment message delivered by Jehovah’s people. It could be that this message provokes Gog of Magog into attacking God’s people with the intention of wiping them off the earth.—Rev. 16:21.

15-16. (a) To what event may Daniel 11:44, 45 be referring? (b) What happens to the king of the north and the rest of Gog of Magog?

15 This hard-hitting message and the final attack by God’s enemies may be the same events referred to at Daniel 11:44, 45. (Read.) There, Daniel says that “reports out of the east and out of the north” disturb the king of the north, who goes off in “a great rage.” The king of the north intends “to devote many to destruction.” The “many” referred to seem to be Jehovah’s people. * Daniel may here be describing the final all-out assault on God’s people.

16 This attack by the king of the north,  acting along with the rest of the world’s governments, provokes the Almighty and brings on the war of Armageddon. (Rev. 16:14, 16) At that time, the king of the north, along with the rest of the nations that make up Gog of Magog, comes to his end, and there will be “no helper for him”.—Dan. 11:45.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, N1ckman21 said:

but I could only speculate what Dan. 11:41b-43 might be pointing to.

The last update of this explanation is on the same Watchtower number. may 2020 page 13:

5 Read Daniel 11:40-43. This part of the prophecy provides an overview of the time of the end. The passage highlights the rivalry between the king of the north and the king of the south. As foretold by Daniel, in the time of the end, the king of the south would engage with the king of the north “in a pushing,” or he would “lock horns with him.”—Dan. 11:40; ftn.

6. What evidence is there that the two kings have been pushing each other?

6 The king of the north and the king of the south continue to compete for world domination. For example, consider what happened after World War II when the Soviet Union and its allies gained influence over much of Europe. The actions of the king of the north forced the king of the south to form an international military alliance, known as NATO. The king of the north continues to compete with the king of the south in an expensive arms race. The king of the north fought his rival in proxy wars and insurgencies in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. In recent years, Russia and its allies have spread their influence across the globe. They have also engaged with the king of the south in cyber warfare. The kings have accused each other of using destructive computer programs in an effort to damage their economies and political systems

________________________________________________________________________________________

before, we had it in Daniel´s prophecy book page 280:

17 Nevertheless, the king of the north did not achieve world conquest. The angel foretold: “These are the ones that will escape out of his hand, Edom and Moab and the main part of the sons of Ammon.” (Daniel 11:41b) In ancient times, Edom, Moab, and Ammon were situated between the domains of the Egyptian king of the south and the Syrian king of the north. In modern times they represent nations and organizations that the king of the north targeted but was unable to bring under his influence.

EGYPT DOES NOT ESCAPE

18 Jehovah’s angel continued: “He [the king of the north] will keep thrusting out his hand against the lands; and as regards the land of Egypt, she will not prove to be an escapee. And he will actually rule over the hidden treasures of the gold and the silver and over all the desirable things of Egypt. And the Libyans and the Ethiopians will be at his steps.” (Daniel 11:42, 43) Even the king of the south, “Egypt,” did not escape the effects of the expansionist policies of the king of the north. For example, the king of the south suffered a notable defeat in Vietnam. And what of “the Libyans and the Ethiopians”? These neighbors of ancient Egypt might well foreshadow nations that are, geographically speaking, neighbors of modern “Egypt” (the king of the south). At times, they have been followers of—‘at the steps of’—the king of the north.

19 Has the king of the north ruled over ‘the hidden treasures of Egypt’? He has indeed had a powerful influence on the way that the king of the south has used his financial resources. Because of fear of his rival, the king of the south has devoted huge sums to maintaining a formidable army, navy, and air force. To this extent, the king of the north ‘ruled over,’ or controlled, the disposition of the wealth of the king of the south.

Edited by Sofia

11 minutes ago, Hope said:

Paris is not that congested at ALL!  It is a very beautiful, graceful city.. ❤️

@Dove Yes this is definitely Tokyo Tower, which has similarities and probably copied the Eiffel Tower. The evening shot means you can’t see the red of the tower. Both are beautiful, especially for the views of both cities. 😄

There are many copies of this landmark.  Tokyo is a good guess.

"The Eiffel Tower is the most iconic Parisian monuments, and so is it in the world. Since the beginning of the 20th century, it has been the inspiration for the creation of over 30 duplicates and similar towers around the world. Some of which are as surprising as they are original!"

Edited by jwhess

53 minutes ago, jwhess said:

There are many copies of this landmark.  Tokyo is a good guess.

"The Eiffel Tower is the most iconic Parisian monuments, and so is it in the world. Since the beginning of the 20th century, it has been the inspiration for the creation of over 30 duplicates and similar towers around the world. Some of which are as surprising as they are original!"

I’ve been to both. It’s definitely Tokyo tower.  😄

57AA5BD7-86D2-4096-B085-EC2EE8D3D03D.thumb.jpeg.31d5417014e6e402db1ebd63ff366de2.jpeg