JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - May 2021

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1060 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 minutes ago, angecas said:

I think they are waiting for all the languages to be ready. To post it at the same time 

It's hard to imagine. You don't just post. They design the website and find a place for the preview image, then link the preview image with the storage space for the video and subtitles on the content server. And that in hundreds of languages. No simple posting.

16 minutes ago, Sepie93 said:

Maybe they're stressed out at bethelemoji1787.png
Posted the video of the convention by accident, uploading the song in hundreds of languages, the broadcast in hundreds of languages, most of the time there's a Become Jehovah's Friend video also in tens of languages..
By only thinking about it, I'm stressedemoji1787.png

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

I too think the video was posted by accident, and Adam confirmed it is now gone. So perhapps they halted the process for reviewing of procedures and security measures

14 minutes ago, The German said:

It's hard to imagine. You don't just post. They design the website and find a place for the preview image, then link the preview image with the storage space for the video and subtitles on the content server. And that in hundreds of languages. No simple posting.

Isn't it each branch that posts it's language files?

7 hours ago, Hinata said:

The closing for the 2021 Regional Convention has indeed been posted online on jw.org as been discussed on this thread: 

We then may, expect the trailer for the drama also to be posted on this month’s broadcasting.

The song is brilliant!  It is high... but brilliant!  Pity we can't sing it with others.. 😭  My neighbors will hear it, though!  ☺

1 minute ago, Hope said:

The song is brilliant!  It is high... but brilliant!  Pity we can't sing it with others.. 😭  My neighbors will hear it, though!  ☺

It's 20 sec too long for my car trip from my place to my first daughter school. Still played it full blast 3 times today :D 

For the [broadcast] is yet for its appointed time, And it is rushing toward its [release], and it will not lie. Even if it seems to delay, keep in expectation of it! For it will without fail [be released]. It will not be late! (Based on Habakkuk 2:3

Edited by Br. Ice

7 minutes ago, johnnyjw01 said:

Not the video, only the song

The video is still available from the link posted earlier on this thread

6 minutes ago, madefl said:

Well the Link to the video is gone. But if you use the one posted earlier, it still downloads the video.

Is gone from where? It was only posted here...

26 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

I jusr checked and it is still available...

If you used the server link posted you canget it but the posting on the JW.ORG website has been removed.  It is not on the "original songs" list anymore.  I just checked...🙂

song.JPG

Edited by jwhess

1 minute ago, jwhess said:

If you used the server link posted yoou canget it but the posting on the JW.ORG website has been removed.  It is not on the "original songs" list anymore.  I just checked...🙂

song.JPG

Ok, I didn't notice it was already there :)

I was referring to this links that still work

2 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

Ok, I didn't notice it was already there :)

I was referring to this links that still work

I have noticed that when the brothers remove the files from our website the files remain in the akamai server for some time. For example the memorial invitation link was one example I personally noticed this behaviour too.

So if anyone wants this little extra spiritual food before it is completely taken off the plate, now would be the time, I guess.

I wonder if they have obtained better servers solution than previous. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Isn't it each branch that posts it's language files?

This is true. But each language might have slightly different deadlines. Then the files need some time to be propagated across the network of servers.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”