JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Afghanistan has fallen to the Taliban!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 936 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This is a game changer for the KOS.  Now it has the KON and allies (Taliban).  I must wait and see what comes from this tragedy that's been like this (as many of you have said) for 20 some years!  Wow, we are the feet of that immense statue in Daniel's interpretation for King Nebuchadnezzar had. 

My English student is from Afghanistan (I teach English to migrants), and she has just told me how shocked she is at the fall.  She, like many migrants here in Australia have family still there.  It is still unclear but refugees fleeing could come to Australia under humanitarian schemes.

Earlier, government sources confirmed plans are underway to ensure Afghan nationals have more spots in Australia’s humanitarian visa program.

While the plan has not been finalised, SBS News understands the overall cap on humanitarian visas would not increase.

However, a sizeable proportion of the program would be made available for people fleeing Afghanistan and their visa applications would be prioritised.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/australia-s-involvement-in-afghanistan-was-not-in-vain-scott-morrison-says

4 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Rules of the Taliban for Women: (This will be a concern for UN)

Such a world of opposites compared to how Jehovah views women and greatly values them. Reminds me of last week's midweek meeting with the Treasures part about provisions for women in Mosaic law that I was assigned to give. This could have been a very timely comparison to mention how religious leaders throughout the ages have despised and devalued women.

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

Five killed at chaotic Afghan airport as Taliban proclaim peace

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/talibans-rapid-advance-across-afghanistan-2021-08-10/

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Interesting where this was just a year ago:

https://time.com/5844865/afghanistan-peace-deal-taliban-al-qaeda/

The U.S. went to war in Afghanistan with one goal in mind: ridding the country of the threat of al-Qaeda just weeks after the group killed nearly 3,000 people in the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Now, after nearly 20 years of fighting in which more than 3,500 American and coalition lives have been lost, President Donald Trump is pushing to withdraw U.S. forces on the back of a wobbly peace deal signed with the Taliban.

I wonder if that peace deal signed back then will hold?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

https://www.un.org/sg/en/content/secretary-generals-remarks-the-security-council-afghanistan-delivered

I appeal to the Security Council — and the international community as a whole —  to stand together, to work together and act together — and use all tools at its disposal to suppress the global terrorist threat in Afghanistan and to guarantee that basic human rights will be respected.

4 hours ago, eliaseje said:

If you scroll down further on this article, I think International Beer Day is more promising than P&S.

Edited by Dustparticle

Are you saying people who have been drinking beer all day on International Beer Day are less likely to pronounce P&S? Do we REALLY know who the "THEY" is??????

Just saying..................

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

6 minutes ago, JudyO said:

Are you saying people who have been drinking beer all day on International Beer Day are less likely to pronounce P&S? Do we REALLY know who the "THEY" is??????

Just saying..................

Or they might say P&S because of this 

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/science-environment-58017501

1 minute ago, Dustparticle said:

Or they might say P&S because of this 

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/science-environment-58017501

Well, that's keeping a positive outlook. Let's file that one away for the New System, shall we?

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

Just driving out early this morning to pick up something from a sister, and heard on German radio a woman being interviewed describing the attack and pandemonium at Kabul airport. The German woman reported that any luggage or small piece of item taken along by internationals trying to evacuate would not be returning, was taken by the Taliban. Including all little possessions or any monies saved up, all confiscated. Shocking...going now to check out her Instagram page...

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

On 8/16/2021 at 12:06 AM, LoneWanderer said:

Such a world of opposites compared to how Jehovah views women and greatly values them. Reminds me of last week's midweek meeting with the Treasures part about provisions for women in Mosaic law that I was assigned to give. This could have been a very timely comparison to mention how religious leaders throughout the ages have despised and devalued women.

Seems like the brothers are a step ahead of the world in knowing what is coming!

Our study literature was written long before we consider it in a meeting.

This information stands as a sharp contrast to attitudes about women around the world!  Doesn't even the Talmud or some ancient Jewish book say "women are the most beautiful creatures, but thank God I am a man !"

The 15-member council issued a joint statement after UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres told the meeting that the world must unite to combat the "global terrorist threat in Afghanistan."

"I appeal to the Security Council -- and the international community as a whole -- to stand together, to work together and act together," Guterres added.https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210816-un-calls-for-unity-against-global-terrorist-threat-in-afghanistan

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2021/08/17/taliban-invites-women-join-afghanistans-new-government/8161473002/

Taliban invites women to join government, announces 'amnesty.' Afghans are skeptical.

The Taliban declared an "amnesty" across Afghanistan and urged women to join their government Tuesday, seeking to convince a wary population that they have changed a day after deadly chaos gripped the main airport as desperate crowds tried to flee the country.

Following a blitz across Afghanistan that saw many cities fall to the insurgents without a fight, the Taliban have sought to portray themselves as more moderate than when they imposed a brutal rule in the late 1990s.

Me - I wonder if they don't join what will happen to them! 😱

If they can get a "token" woman to join their government, I don't believe she would even be allowed to speak without her husband or father there. Perhaps they could persuade more people to stay in the country instead of fleeing to surrounding areas. After all, they have to have someone left to rule over, right?