JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Covid-19 Vaccine Research, Development, Ingredients and Reactions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 801 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Allabord4Jah said:

This is the Government site on what is in the vaccines:

https://www.vaccines.gov/basics/vaccine_ingredients

Surprisingly the government website actually admits there is aluminum, thimerosal and formaldehyde in the vaccine (as is the case with vaccines in general).  No thank you! I don't want that added to my body...there is enough pollution in the air without jabbing more to the body! 

15 minutes ago, Nancy M said:

Surprisingly the government website actually admits there is aluminum, thimerosal and formaldehyde in the vaccine (as is the case with vaccines in general).  No thank you! I don't want that added to my body...there is enough pollution in the air without jabbing more to the body! 

Nancy, I think these are the ingredients in various vaccines, not specifically the Covid19 vaccines. These ingredients are provided thru contract by other companies, but not revealed yet..That is the revelation I am looking and waiting for.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I feel the same way.  I do not want to take any of the new rushed job vaccines soon available this month, or in 2021.  But if they (governments) start a  mandate system by herding people in their areas where they live, it could be forced upon them (us) and or they might start fining big $$$$ against those who refuse.  I wouldn't put any of this speculation past them.  We are waiting on more information from our truthful source, Jehovah's organization.  Not Satan's organization.  They will not let the common people know what is really in there.  Like some of you who have said.... "let's see what kinda of snags they run into."  Hope those snags pop up shortly after they give out these vaccines. If not, we might be snagged into something that will harm us and or kill us. 

1 hour ago, SUNRAY said:

Nancy, I think these are the ingredients in various vaccines, not specifically the Covid19 vaccines. These ingredients are provided thru contract by other companies, but not revealed yet..That is the revelation I am looking and waiting for.

Yes that's what I said...(as is the case with vaccines in general) 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/01/media/red-cross-chief-warns-vaccine-mistrust-trnd/index.html

'Fake news' about a Covid-19 vaccine has become a second pandemic, Red Cross chief says

Covid 19 vaccines are fast approaching, but a second pandemic might impede efforts to recover from the first, according to the president of a global humanitarian aid group.

That second pandemic: "fake news" about those very vaccines.
Francesco Rocca, president of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, said in a virtual briefing to the UN Correspondents Association on Monday that governments and institutions needed to implement measures to combat growing mistrust and misinformation.
There is growing hesitancy about vaccines around the world, particularly the Covid-19 vaccine, said Rocca. He cited a study by Johns Hopkins University in 67 countries, which found that vaccine acceptance had declined significantly between July and October of this year.
"This high level of mistrust has been evident since the very beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic and have clearly facilitated transmission of the virus at all levels," he said.
The most obvious example, he added, was how many people in the Western world were unwilling to wear face masks. Still, he said, distrust and misinformation is a global issue.

7 hours ago, Nancy M said:

Sister, right now you have trace amounts of arsenic - a very dangerous poison - in your blood supply. What of it? It occurs naturally, as do many elements and chemical compounds that sound scary at first mention. It all comes down to the amount. The real question is this: are the amounts of aluminum, thimerosal, and formaldehyde in the vaccine a) beyond our natural ability to absorb or excrete, and b) less harmful than the likely outcome of not taking the vaccine, namely, death?

For me, we are already poisoned by our air and water. But if this vaccine will allow me to LIVE a little longer to preach the good news then I will gladly take it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/12/01/vaccine-priority-groups-covid/

Health-care workers and nursing home residents should be the first to get coronavirus vaccines, CDC advisory group says - 12/1/2020

The first doses of a coronavirus vaccine should be given to an estimated 21 million health-care workers and 3 million residents and staff of nursing homes and other long-term-care facilities, a federal advisory panel recommended Tuesday afternoon.

These groups were deemed the highest priority by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, because the vaccine will initially be in extremely short supply after it is cleared by federal regulators. Health-care personnel are a top priority because of their exposure to the virus and their critical role of keeping the nation’s hospitals and clinics functioning.

Residents and employees of long-term-care facilities were prioritized because they account for nearly 40 percent of deaths from covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.

Isn't there aluminum in deodorant? 

If all these "toxins" in vaccines were really dangerous to health, wouldn't the majority of people be sicker than they are?  The facts show that these ingredients are not all that harmful in the minute quantities present in vaccines. 

You know that pretty much all the Governing Body have been vaccinated, don't you?  By law in order to get certain travel visas to places like Africa or South America a person must be vaccinated against certain diseases.  

Don't like vaccines?  That's fine. Don't get any.  Sure, some people get sick and even die from vaccine reactions.  Some people also die from eating peanuts, but nobody is calling for people to stop eating Reese cups. 

6 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

If all these "toxins" in vaccines were really dangerous to health, wouldn't the majority of people be sicker than they are?  The facts show that these ingredients are not all that harmful in the minute quantities present in vaccines. 

You know that pretty much all the Governing Body have been vaccinated, don't you?  By law in order to get certain travel visas to places like Africa or South America a person must be vaccinated against certain diseases.  

Don't like vaccines?  That's fine. Don't get any.  Sure, some people get sick and even die from vaccine reactions.  Some people also die from eating peanuts, but nobody is calling for people to stop eating Reese cups. 

I don’t think anyone in here is saying all vaccines are bad. I’m certainly not. The issue with this one is that it’s rushed. Also, the virus it’s supposed to prevent is essentially a strong cold virus. There has never been a successful vaccine for a coronavirus. If there was one, we wouldn’t have the common cold. There has also been a lot of strange push for this rushed vaccine from people with no medical background. I think people have the right to be leery and not be judged for feeling that way. 

Edited by runner92

8 hours ago, Lee49 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/01/media/red-cross-chief-warns-vaccine-mistrust-trnd/index.html

'Fake news' about a Covid-19 vaccine has become a second pandemic, Red Cross chief says

Covid 19 vaccines are fast approaching, but a second pandemic might impede efforts to recover from the first, according to the president of a global humanitarian aid group.

That second pandemic: "fake news" about those very vaccines.
Francesco Rocca, president of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, said in a virtual briefing to the UN Correspondents Association on Monday that governments and institutions needed to implement measures to combat growing mistrust and misinformation.
There is growing hesitancy about vaccines around the world, particularly the Covid-19 vaccine, said Rocca. He cited a study by Johns Hopkins University in 67 countries, which found that vaccine acceptance had declined significantly between July and October of this year.
"This high level of mistrust has been evident since the very beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic and have clearly facilitated transmission of the virus at all levels," he said.
The most obvious example, he added, was how many people in the Western world were unwilling to wear face masks. Still, he said, distrust and misinformation is a global issue.

This is a misleading article. This has no connection to obeying mask mandates. Even people who are very pro-mask are leery of this vaccine for reasons that have already been outlined.

Edited by runner92

4 hours ago, McKay said:

Sister, right now you have trace amounts of arsenic - a very dangerous poison - in your blood supply. What of it? It occurs naturally, as do many elements and chemical compounds that sound scary at first mention. It all comes down to the amount. The real question is this: are the amounts of aluminum, thimerosal, and formaldehyde in the vaccine a) beyond our natural ability to absorb or excrete, and b) less harmful than the likely outcome of not taking the vaccine, namely, death?

For me, we are already poisoned by our air and water. But if this vaccine will allow me to LIVE a little longer to preach the good news then I will gladly take it.

Brother, Why 1) add anymore poison to the body and 2) Jehovah created us with a wonderful immune system. 

For me, keeping my immune system strong will allow me to LIVE a little longer to continue preaching, not adding manmade substances.

And “likely outcome of not taking the vaccine, death” ?? Please! That’s your opinion. 

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

That's why there is deodorant made WITHOUT aluminum.  To many people have suffered ill affects, like cancer.  Auto-immune disease, cancer, diabetes, etc have run rampant in the world.

i have been to Central America, South America and Europe and was never required to have a vaccine.

I don't know the health details of the Governing Body, but it's really nobody's business.  

You go ahead and get your vaccine. We all have a choice.

17 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

This is the Government site on what is in the vaccines:

https://www.vaccines.gov/basics/vaccine_ingredients

It's what they don't say that I find concerning. 

[...]but what I would really like to know is what the almost approved Covid19 vaccine ingredients are. Maybe, eventually someone will have a vile with a label that lists ingredients.

Speaking of my own volition, as with any product I, as a consumer, have a right to make an informed decision as it relates to my own health and well-being.  Who knows my body better than I? (With the exception of my Heavenly Father, of course. )

Before I eat food that is packaged or boxed, which I rarely do, I read the ingredients (organic or GMO) and decide at that moment to either buy it or return it to the grocery shelf. If I have a body ache or pain and want relief, I'll read the ingredients on the bottle's label to decide if the side effect is worse than the ailment.  Most cases I research the root cause of my pain and address it accordingly.

Having said the above, the same goes for vaccines.  Before someone jabs me in the arm, I have a right to know the ingredients to make an informed decision.  (And the research I've done so far is alarming to say the least as pharmaceutical companies are pushing a global vaccine "at warp speed.)  For example, AstraZeneca's covid vaccine is nearly ready for distribution. Their label is shown below. I had to lookup the scientific definitions:  ChAd0x1-S, Recombinant, MRC-5, etc.  (It was very interesting to say the least.)

University of Oxford and AstraZeneca
Recombinant --> genetically engineered DNA
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recombinant_DNA
https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-94837/v1

Additional ingredients:
alcohol (ethanol), sucrose (sugar), sodium chloride (salt), magnesium chloride compounds, and amino acid compounds (strings of synthetically-created proteins)

Who knows what the ingredients are in the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.  

As the adages go:  Knowledge is power and to be forewarned is to be forearmed.

20201202_011845.jpg

Edited by Omoyeme

Published comments made by medical professionals who attended the World Health Organization’s (WHO’s) two-day Global Vaccine Safety Summit on December 2-3, 2019.  A 10-minute video is shown at the link below.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/video/caught-on-camera-w-h-o-scientists-question-safety-of-vaccine/

Dr. Soumya Swaminathan, M.D., Chief Scientist, WHO, Pediatrician:

I think we cannot over-emphasize the fact that we really don’t have very good safety monitoring systems in many countries, and this adds to the miscommunication and the misapprehensions, because we’re not able to give clear-cut answers when people ask questions about the deaths that have occurred due to a particular vaccine, and this always gets blown up in the media.

One should be able to give a very factual account of what exactly has happened and what the cause of deaths are. But in most cases, there’s some obfuscation at that level, and therefore there’s less and less trust then in the system.

Dr. Stephen Evans, Professor of Pharmacoepidemiology:

It seems to me that adjuvants multiply the immunogenicity of the antigens that they are added to, and that is their intention. It seems to me they multiply the reactogenicity in many instances, and therefore it seems to me that it is not unexpected if they multiply the incidence of adverse reactions that are associated with the antigen, but may not have been detected through lack of statistical power in the original studies.

Dr. Martin Howell Friede, Coordinator, Initiative for Vaccine Research:

WHO acknowledged the absence of safety data regarding widely used vaccine adjuvants; Vaccine adjuvants, he acknowledges, are most often blamed for serious adverse reactions. But adjuvants, such as aluminum, formaldehyde, mercury, have not actually been tested to evaluate their safety even as these are injected into babies.

[...] The major health concern which we are seeing are accusations of long-term effects.

If W.H.O. cannot guarantee the efficacy of the vaccines, WHO can?

(No pun intended. )

Edited by Omoyeme

Yes, to take the vaccine is and should be a personal decision ... that means

• Those who have decided to take it should quit using belittling tactics to tout the "benefits" of vaccines to "convince" those who do not want it to change their minds
  • Those who are not inclined to take the vaccine should quit using "scare tactics" by listing the horrors of vaccines to prove their decision not to take it

Yet, that seems to be what this thread has included for the past few pages.

Let's keep the "personal decision" - personal and quit trying to convince others to accept "our view"

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/12/2/putin-orders-start-of-russias-mass-covid-vaccination-programme

Putin orders start of Russia’s mass COVID vaccination programme

Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered the country’s authorities to begin mass voluntary vaccinations against COVID-19 from next week onwards.

The move, announced on Wednesday, came after Russia said last month that its domestically produced Sputnik V vaccine was 92 percent effective at protecting people from COVID-19, according to interim results.

With 2,347,401 confirmed infections as of Wednesday, Russia has the fourth-largest number of COVID-19 cases in the world behind the United States, India and Brazil.

On 11/29/2020 at 7:43 AM, Naturale said:

Covid cases are declining significantly in most areas of the UK and Britain.  The same disease doesn't go on indefinitely.  (No doubt as it starts to naturally disappear the governments will give the vaccine the credit)  We'll soon be onto the next virus as this system pants on.  In Yorkshire over 10,000 Turkeys had to be culled due to bird flu. Let's hope that particular virus doesn't mutate and infect any humans.  that's how the 1918 flu pandemic began - from an avian virus.

COVID cases in England are declining because of their countrywide lockdown...not because the virus is disappearing on its own 😬

Edited by califlorican

7 hours ago, Qapla said:

Let's keep the "personal decision" - personal and quit trying to convince others to accept "our view"

Quit trying to convince others?

Better yet brother: shouldn't we, on these forums, have the opportunity to express a personal opinion different from yours?  Is it causing harm? frustration?

The OP,  by virtue of her own concerns, opened this thread to welcome varying perspectives and opinions -- to mutual agreement from the brothers and sisters - or not.  If anyone has genuine issues regarding people's personal views, then it should be addressed through PM as we have been previously instructed by JWT staff.  It is comments of this sort that have made others have second thoughts about jwtalk.net and leave here.  (I have noticed this in several threads with the 2020 Annual Meeting thread being a recent example. )

It is not incumbent upon others here to take away anyone's perogative to present commentary different from others, let alone telling them what to do.  

Edited by Omoyeme

I agree that we can have discussions and "present" our view towards such discussion.

However, our view should be just that - a "view/opinion". We should not be stating "our side" in such a way as it seem like we are trying to convince others that "we are right and they are wrong" ... and this goes for both sides of the matter.

37 minutes ago, Omoyeme said:

Better yet brother: shouldn't we, on these forums, have the opportunity to express a personal opinion different from yours?

Yes, we should be allowed to express our "opinion" - and that is what I was doing ... expressing my opinion. My opinion is, this decision should be a "personal" one - not one swayed or influenced by the "opinions" of others - regardless of how many "facts" they quote to "prove their side" ... whichever side that is.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

9 hours ago, Qapla said:

Yes, to take the vaccine is and should be a personal decision ... that means

• Those who have decided to take it should quit using belittling tactics to tout the "benefits" of vaccines to "convince" those who do not want it to change their minds
  • Those who are not inclined to take the vaccine should quit using "scare tactics" by listing the horrors of vaccines to prove their decision not to take it

Yet, that seems to be what this thread has included for the past few pages.

Let's keep the "personal decision" - personal and quit trying to convince others to accept "our view"

There seems to be some confusion on recent events.

2 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

(I have noticed this in several threads with the 2020 Annual Meeting thread being a recent example. )

In this example the facts are actually this.  A member made some statements that he could not support nor verify.  When he was asked to do so, and when he received disagreement from other members, the individual in question resigned membership from this board.  He left on his own accord.  

Friends, this is a discussion board.  Notice our membership policy:

2) Handling Disagreement: It can be very productive to discuss areas of disagreement, as long as this is done in a "spirit of mildness," avoiding mockery or belittlement. (Galatians 6:1) Keep in mind that this is a forum for discussion, and not a place for heated debate. Express yourself with love, and do not "pour fuel on the fire", as it were. While expressing disagreement, your goal should be to keep the conversation calm and cool, so "before the quarrel breaks out, take your leave.” (Proverbs 17:14) If you are seriously concerned about someone's motives in posting, please contact a moderator or administrator privately, and do not assault another user publicly within the topic.

"It can be very productive to discuss areas of disagreement, as long as this is done in a 'spirit of mildness.'"  In other words, discussions and the expressing disagreement is allowed here.  We've had many enthusiastic discussions and disagreements over the years.  The moderators are here to moderate and make sure the disagreements maintain Christian decorum and don't descend into trolling or flame wars that we see on other discussion boards.  

Disagreement is allowed.  Expressing opposing viewpoints is allowed.  We only expect such disagreements to be voiced by Christians and as Christians.

Sometimes a member may feel the conversation and disagreement is getting personal.  At that point, we request those members take their disagreement to PM.  We do not want disagreements to turn into arguments.  

Lastly, we again come back to the point that this is a discussion board.  The operative word is discuss.  If a member has made a point and the others do not agree, there is no need to repeat the same point ad nauseum.  When we reach the point where we are saying the same thing over and over again and the conversation is going around in circles, it's no longer a discussion.  

We do not always agree with the views expressed on this forum but, as long as those views are expressed in a Christlike fashion, the moderators support your right to express those views.  We may disagree and challenge those views on an intellectual level as a matter of discussion, or the moderators may challenge unscientific or false statements for the sake of the discussion board, but we strive to allow a free interchange of thoughts and opinions here to the limits of propriety and Christian values.

Edited by Shawnster

45 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Friends, this is a discussion board.  Notice our membership policy:

"It can be very productive to discuss areas of disagreement, as long as this is done in a 'spirit of mildness.'"  In other words, discussions and the expressing disagreement is allowed here.  We've had many enthusiastic discussions and disagreements over the years.  The moderators are here to moderate and make sure the disagreements maintain Christian decorum and don't descend into trolling or flame wars that we see on other discussion boards.  

Disagreement is allowed.  Expressing opposing viewpoints is allowed.  We only expect such disagreements to be voiced by Christians and as Christians.

Sometimes a member may feel the conversation and disagreement is getting personal.  At that point, we request those members take their disagreement to PM.  We do not want disagreements to turn into arguments.  

I echo the sentiments expressed in this JWT policy. However, my concern are brothers and sisters being told what to do when there is no merit for saying so.  I haven't had the opportunity to meet anyone here on JWT in person, so it behooves me to tread carefully so as not to consciously offend with my comments while expressing a personal view.  Also, as Jehovah's servants it's easy to make peace with others through PM, as my own experience(s) show. -- Matt. 5:23, 24.

And thank you for that clarification regarding the AM thread matter.

Edited by Omoyeme

20 hours ago, runner92 said:

I don’t think anyone in here is saying all vaccines are bad. I’m certainly not. The issue with this one is that it’s rushed. Also, the virus it’s supposed to prevent is essentially a strong cold virus. There has never been a successful vaccine for a coronavirus. If there was one, we wouldn’t have the common cold. There has also been a lot of strange push for this rushed vaccine from people with no medical background. I think people have the right to be leery and not be judged for feeling that way. 

Well, not really. While the common cold is in the family of coronaviruses, it is not Sars-COV-2. You can cure the SARS and MERS strain while not dealing with the common cold strain.

They're all different even though the belong to a family of said virus. That's why we have no natural immunity to SARS-COV-2 even though the cold is as common as breathing. 

One can always begin with IMHO, 'in my humble opinion.' 

We don't have access to a vaccine at this time

It is my IMHO that it is, in the words of the great Bard, "Much ado about nothing".

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.